Commander
# 21
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryox1 View Post
Isnt it ironic that the ONE player that is most FAMOUS and well known for warping out in Arenas when he had to face TSI or other premade,openly accusing them of cheating and exploiting is the very one that is organizing the new "clean " pvp tournament?
What ever happened to that alternate PvP channel? OrganizedNerdrage, was it?
Captain
# 22
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
What bothers me is when a Premade will go into the Ques with the seeming goal to dry up the Ques and run everyone out of them. Not to give a challenge to them selves or the other pugs and premades they run into, but to make everyone's lives miserable just for that sake alone.

Using tactics like: Tric Bomb + Warp Pee + Danube Pets + Theta + AMS + Grav Pulse + Tachyon Mines

Those are obviously not in balance, and cause nothing but grief, yet they get used more and more by those said fleets with their premades. As if that is the only way they know how to win. This is especially worse on in the FvK ques, as the KDF players seem more interested in using said tactics then other wise.

I haven't seen TSI doing those things lately. But then again I haven't seen much of TSI at all in the Ques. Maybe the ques just don't like to put me up against them. lol
This is pretty much what I dislike about premades. It's bad enough you're entering the pugs with an optimized pre-made team that will likely perform much, much better than the pugmades you'll be coming across. . .but rubbing people's noses in it by using broken/spammable skills and sci-spam? That's just a **** move. The fact that people do that is one of the reasons I don't queue for arenas and C+H, and only do those when it's a private pugmade. I prefer Ker'rat, because that way you can just enter and leave when you want, and the combat is fluid. Nothing better than seeing the tables turned on people who are abusing broken skills.
Career Officer
# 23
01-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
@TSI - Once you've beaten the Pugs, mention the Bootcamp in chat, or offer your help.

BRING DOWN BARRIERS MAN!
From what I've read they've tried that approach, but get told off in response.

Someone who just got destroyed is not likely to be too amiable anyway.

Some don't even say 'gg' at the end of matches because some may take that as an insult. lol.

I do know that some of their ships advertise the bootcamp or even hilbert's guide.

Those guys getting rolled over need to get in OPvP and make a pugmade to fight these premades.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 24
01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Some don't even say 'gg' at the end of matches because some may take that as an insult. lol.
When a premade nuked you till you started to glow, and then shot you in the dark - it was NOT a GG. For you, at least, so no wonder that people don't like GGs from premades.

I was fleetless (still are), but when the fight was far from even I was never saying GG unless I was on the loosing side. Just thanked for play or if someone from other team left and rest stayed: thanked for staying. GG was a big nope in such cases.

Quote:
Those guys getting rolled over need to get in OPvP and make a pugmade to fight these premades.
Not everyone wants to do any sort of "mades" or join some chat chanells.
Career Officer
# 25
01-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Not everyone wants to do any sort of "mades" or join some chat chanells.
Their loss. This is a multiplayer game not a solo game. If you solo a queue, you take the good with the bad.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 26
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:

@TSI - Once you've beaten the Pugs, mention the Bootcamp in chat, or offer your help.

BRING DOWN BARRIERS MAN!
We do, or atleast I do!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 27
01-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
As much as I like moaning about TSI, it's not their fault. The same thing happens when people fly a certain ship. I was roasted in Kerrat yesterday because I was in a Jemmy and thus "unbeatable" it was only when I shared some tips and pointed out I can be easily be beaten but people in "lesser" ships did he fight and take part again.

People see a well known tag, or a well known player or in my case a well known ship and just assume.

BRING DOWN BARRIERS MAN!
we do, and we offer advice. but there are so many people who just outright ignore you because they assume you cheat.....

ive posted many a hilarious one sided convos on the opvp channel.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Lieutenant
# 28
01-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Ranked PVP Queue?

Would experienced PVP'ers in premades like a ranked -optional- pvp queue (just for premades) that is likely to offer a challenge.

As well as the regular queue? This seems more sensible as it takes away nothing, people can still fight in both queues, while offering something. As a bonus you'll get slightly less premades in the regular queue as some will be in ranked.

For the ranks, titles, maybe even skins as a reward rather than gear. Perhaps this deserves it's own thread however.
Captain
# 29
01-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paareth View Post
Ranked PVP Queue?

Would experienced PVP'ers in premades like a ranked -optional- pvp queue (just for premades) that is likely to offer a challenge.

As well as the regular queue? This seems more sensible as it takes away nothing, people can still fight in both queues, while offering something. As a bonus you'll get slightly less premades in the regular queue as some will be in ranked.

For the ranks, titles, maybe even skins as a reward rather than gear. Perhaps this deserves it's own thread however.
id be down for that, add the ranked que without changing the current que.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 30
01-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Always Fight! Be not a nuch!
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP