Career Officer
# 111
01-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndroid View Post
All i have to say is i look at combat logs on elite shield players and all i ever see them use is 1 type of shield heal like tss1 or eps1 and thats it period nothing else
Yeah, and that's exactly why these PvEers or poor players don't want them nerfed/fixed. It's like a diaper for them that they just can't take off.
Commander
# 112
01-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veradodan View Post

i really appreciate your listing to community mouths however, the real reason i don't like to much playing PvP is the costant nerfing of weapons/shields/consoles/etc that you do following a lot of whining from PowerPlayers. I can understand sometime bugs can really OP some players...just as some passive skills from Personal Reputation did. However, things bought from exclusive stores like the Fleet & Embassy stores shouldn't be nerfed to address complains from Players who are not willing to invest dilithium & fleet marks into!
What killed & is still killing PvP is the constant nerfing you're doing to weapons/shields/consoles/etc!
So, you don't like PVP because you must rely on skills instead of OP gear? Cool story bro xD

Elite fleet shields are rare for the moment (nah, not really ). In half a year every wannabee kirker and his dog will have the shield. Dill and fleet marks gathering is easy. Boring but easy.

I hope Cryptic will get a better Q&A so that they don't have to nerf new equip/skills/passives etc
Ensign
# 113
01-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Just because something takes time to get, doesn't mean it should be ridiculously unbalanced.

And by looking at the initial test numbers, it looks like the shield will still be good. It just won't be stupidly good like it is now.
Quote:
Yeah, and that's exactly why these PvEers or poor players don't want them nerfed/fixed. It's like a diaper for them that they just can't take off.
I'm just contending the saying of the Fleet Shields being OPed or as you said "ridiculously unbalanced".
I'm not calling myself a Champion of PvP since i'm only used to do casual PvPing. I've a RL also - an hard one indeed - and to me such playing is ONLY a nice distraction to RL problems. I do my homework regularly: reading/learning tricks from "The Hilbert Guide", experimenting with builds and regularly asking/exchanging advice with opponents and fleet/team mates after matchs. I check my combat logs, also; however, not every combat log as Hilbert do.
Are you suggesting that since I'm actually unemployed I've no right do enjoy a few minutes or even an hour or PvPing? Or not have the right to voice an opinion you don't like?
Maybe I am not as powerful as some of players here - i'm used to be a SCI/healer - but, you're not entitled to be rude against people who are disagreeing with your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
So, you don't like PVP because you must rely on skills instead of OP gear? Cool story bro xD

Elite fleet shields are rare for the moment (nah, not really ). In half a year every wannabee kirker and his dog will have the shield. Dill and fleet marks gathering is easy. Boring but easy.

I hope Cryptic will get a better Q&A so that they don't have to nerf new equip/skills/passives etc
I've not said such a thing. I'm just contending all such a frenzy over "OPed things"! Afterall...if you earn something ingame you must be entitled to have an advantage against someone who didn't! The only exception due to balance/equality issues maybe with weapons/consoles/shields/devices/etc. bought with ZEN from Cryptic Store.
If "In half a year" - or more - DEVS decide to nerf it, I might be on their side if they offer a replacement to buy as replacement in the Fleet/Embassy stores. I'm disappointed by the most part of weekly pacth/nerf we regularly get. However, I said clearly that I agree with some nerfing, as with the bugged Passive T4 Reputation shield skill case.
Having been in Customer Care business I've learnt that even silly question give useful inputs & insights.....even in the best of the best Customer friendly and focused company in the world.
CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana
Career Officer
# 114
01-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
I'm just contending the saying of the Fleet Shields being OPed or as you said "ridiculously unbalanced".
I'm not calling myself a Champion of PvP since i'm only used to do casual PvPing. I've a RL also - an hard one indeed - and to me such playing is ONLY a nice distraction to RL problems. I do my homework regularly: reading/learning tricks from "The Hilbert Guide", experimenting with builds and regularly asking/exchanging advice with opponents and fleet/team mates after matchs. I check my combat logs, also; however, not every combat log as Hilbert do.
Are you suggesting that since I'm actually unemployed I've no right do enjoy a few minutes or even an hour or PvPing? Or not have the right to voice an opinion you don't like?
Maybe I am not as powerful as some of players here - i'm used to be a SCI/healer - but, you're not entitled to be rude against people who are disagreeing with your views.
I'm being truthful, sorry if that offends those who disagree.

Those who want the Elite Shields to remain as is need them as a crutch because they can't play the game properly without them.

Anyone else wouldn't complain about the nerfing of the Elite Shields. In fact, almost everyone else agrees that Cryptic needs to reduce the effectiveness of the Elite Shields. No one should get the benefit of these shields as such a low cost to their build. It's a team game, and if people want to get hardened they should rely on their teammates to do so.

Last edited by snoge00f; 01-04-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Ensign
# 115
01-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
I'm being truthful, sorry if that offends those who disagree.

Those who want the Elite Shields to remain as is need them as a crutch because they can't play the game properly without them.

Anyone else wouldn't complain about the nerfing of the Elite Shields. In fact, almost everyone else agrees that Cryptic needs to reduce the effectiveness of the Elite Shields. No one should get the benefit of these shields as such a low cost to their build. It's a team game, and if people want to get hardened they should rely on their teammates to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I wasn't privy to the logs in our own test scenario but the raw numbers were telling of some ~25% flat damage reduction after resists, in comparison to a MACO equivalent.

Visually the test was far more incredible; a sustained attack at medium weapons power that had drained three full shield facings on the MACO candidate instead left the Elite shield candidate virtually untouched.
As I said earlier: i'm not a DPS dealer, I'm a healer (SCI). Maybe it depend on the ship I enjoy flying while PvPing: a Reconnaissance Science Vessel, Luna-class. Personnally, I've not noticed dramatic improvements over my MACO Shield with the Fleet Shields. I've both TSS and EPtS, and sometimes we need to cross-heal between healers. Often, I save my day with Evasive Manouvre & Ramming Speed. Maybe I've found not so worty opponents? Don't know. Surely, I'll further look into the issue and I'll not make a drama if some change in Fleet Shields occurs, but what I'm definetly against is the idea of MACOs being compulsory better or equivalent to Fleet's consoles/engines/deflectors/weapons/devices/etc.

Have a nice play!
CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana
Commander
# 116
01-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
I'm definetly against is the idea of MACOs being compulsory better or equivalent to Fleet's consoles/engines/deflectors/weapons/devices/etc.

Have a nice play!
Why? Fleetcredits are just as easy to get as Omegamarks. Even Dill is free. No skill involved.

Depending on the fleet, a new player could get fleetequip faster than equipment from the reputation system.

Rather than better stats I would like to see a different bonus to increase the numbers of viable builds.
Captain
# 117
01-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'll say it again:

With the changes being proposed, the Elite Fleet Shields will still be, by far, the most powerful shields in the game. You still get your grind-worthy advantage, it's just not ridiculously Over-Powered. There is a difference between having an edge and being light-years beyond everything else.

And seriously, who is doing the whining here? Hilbert backed up his opinions with raw numbers garnered through actual testing. What have you got to support your claims?
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers

Last edited by brandonfl; 01-04-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Commander
# 118
01-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I believe with what's going on with these new passives, fleet stuff, and other things are directly linked to the PvE community's incapacity to play this game.

They simply are unable to deal with the difficulty level in this game. The devs simply release things in such a immaculate demeanor, that it's justified through the satisfaction of those who are unable to PvE. Despite PvE'ers having all of these things at their disposal, they still fail at PvE. At this point it's no longer the developers fault when this happens. Let them fail, and let them buy zen to convert into dilithium. Or, they can learn to PvP and walk all over STFs, both are beneficial for Cryptic. But do not tailor a game to adhere to a player base that does not know how to play your game, and needs a pacifier.

On the other hand from some PvPer's perspectives is the troubling expectations for the game to stay status quo. This is not even a remote possibility since we are playing an MMO and there is something called power creep. Old gear is replaced with new gear, new grinds, new combinations etc. The fleet shield is part of this extrapolation, but it is not necessarily an applicable one. A drastic nerf is not necessary seeing as though the percs of the MACO shields are within proportional limits of performance.

Anyway, Cryptic, this all goes back to not testing your stuff before release. Myself, and perhaps the entirety of the PvP community is at your disposal, free of charge to test your stuff for the sake of avoiding such chapters in the development of your game.
Empire Veteran
# 119
01-05-2013, 02:00 PM
^ no wonder they are sporting bootcamp. we, the players that know how to utilize our our ships to room temperature percent of their potential or better, offering our knowledge to those fail players that nothing can be mode easy enough for. the devs don't know how to reach those players, but maybe those pvp'ers can. branflakes experience learning pvp surly showed him just what a difference knowing how to pvp can make in doing the rest of the game's content. i can only hope he has shared this with the rest of devs.

just yesterday a red alert poped up, and i figured what the hell i'll do it. i had 4 cubes dead before the rest of the group could deal with probes and spheres, one of them was so shocked that he started pming me wanting to know how the hell i was doing that. pretty much said i pvp, so i just know, and answered a bunch of questions and gave him some insight.

im happy to do it, but there needs to be pve that teaches players how to actually play, that will take a lot of careful development. its they're biggest failing, and its why so much of the game is considered so lame by all of us. but god, the pvp when it is good is so good.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 120
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Well, how about you do a Foundry mission that teaches it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584