Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 217
# 31
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine595959 View Post
To the OP. Making a Vanilla and Elite Queue would do nothing but further frustrate many. Because if you take a PvP veteran that knows how things interact and put him in a Vanilla match with say T4 ship and MKX white gear and he still stomps a mud hole into a newcomer that new comer is going to stay out of the "kiddie" pool. If you do not think that will happen challenge any 5 guys in the OPvP channel with a Tier Handicap you get your best PvE buddies and loadout in all the good gear you have and then let the "Vets" come in T4 ships with MKX whites and I guarantee it will be a 15-0 or 15-1 skunking. They need a ladder system that is tied into kills and wins and other stats for healers and CC guys so that you end up teamed will similarly skilled players. And also make the matches a minimum of 3 v 3.
Not gonna stomp me if you're playing alongside me.

Eliminate being able to enter the "kiddie" queue as a team. Pug only.
The absolute biggest deterrent for newcomers is being rolled by a premade. Get rid of that.

Premades for private matches only. If you better players hang out in a lower level queue, then you will be evenly dispersed. Show up w/o all your PvP buddies or go get a room.

Console spam and being stomped by premades made me quit the queues. They were pre mades that used the spam to mass effect. I faced a team of players, from a well-known fleet, chaining some crap I didn't even recognize cause i didn't have access to. Was probably antimatter spread mixed with w/e broken ability of the month. They won, I got one of our 3 kills, lol. They lost competition in the long run though as I doubt I'm not the only one who had enough of that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 32
01-03-2013, 07:16 PM
reading this thread just makes me want to say....

its all the pilot folks.

toys are toys....1 trick ponies every 3 minutes that i laugh off all the time....most pvp veterans in this game do....they are an annoyance at most....

gear will get you another 15% production out of your ship for any given combo....maybe 20% in some areas...this will also do nothing if you face someone who is a good pilot, and knows how to fly his ship, and when to use his powers against you.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 217
# 33
01-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
reading this thread just makes me want to say....

its all the pilot folks.

toys are toys....1 trick ponies every 3 minutes that i laugh off all the time....most pvp veterans in this game do....they are an annoyance at most....

gear will get you another 15% production out of your ship for any given combo....maybe 20% in some areas...this will also do nothing if you face someone who is a good pilot, and knows how to fly his ship, and when to use his powers against you.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
So If I were just a better pilot I could solo that jem hadar ship in my tier 5 instead of needing two or three others to assist me? I've only ever killed one of these solo in Kerrat and it required total surprise, and was aided by the fact he/she had taken 1/3rd damage already and not healed up, lol.

I was very competitive before the introduction of the shinies, both ground and space pvp. Ceteris Parabus i'm like 60-65 on a 1-100. I know my place and I'm cool with it. That 15 to 20% you mention is a big deal I believe, especially against a premade team.

I didn't really mean to start a thread to argue with the PvP folks. I just want integration with PvE players via an in-your-face event or two, and more options for people like myself that would PvP daily if some changes were made.

If the consensus is I'm a whiner or naive or am asking for things you don't really want, such as disabling a group from queuing together so they can effectively abuse newer folks, don't post anymore and the thread will quietly drop off the page.

I feel you brush me aside from the vantage point of somebody that is near the top of the pack. Think about the barriers for the rest of us. If you're a 3 to 1 favorite in base level gear, then you get a nice ship and top of the line items on it... that's too big a divide for me. If you're organized on a team of like players, why the hell should I even queue? Might as well afk, or in my case go PvE some more.

Here's a question for ya: Which one of you elite pvp fleets would take me in if I told you I fly a tier five ship in mk xi gear and that's the best I'll ever use?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,308
# 34
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
So If I were just a better pilot I could solo that jem hadar ship in my tier 5 instead of needing two or three others to assist me? I've only ever killed one of these solo in Kerrat and it required total surprise, and was aided by the fact he/she had taken 1/3rd damage already and not healed up, lol.

I was very competitive before the introduction of the shinies, both ground and space pvp. Ceteris Parabus i'm like 60-65 on a 1-100. I know my place and I'm cool with it. That 15 to 20% you mention is a big deal I believe, especially against a premade team.

I didn't really mean to start a thread to argue with the PvP folks. I just want integration with PvE players via an in-your-face event or two, and more options for people like myself that would PvP daily if some changes were made.

If the consensus is I'm a whiner or naive or am asking for things you don't really want, such as disabling a group from queuing together so they can effectively abuse newer folks, don't post anymore and the thread will quietly drop off the page.

I feel you brush me aside from the vantage point of somebody that is near the top of the pack. Think about the barriers for the rest of us. If you're a 3 to 1 favorite in base level gear, then you get a nice ship and top of the line items on it... that's too big a divide for me. If you're organized on a team of like players, why the hell should I even queue? Might as well afk, or in my case go PvE some more.

Here's a question for ya: Which one of you elite pvp fleets would take me in if I told you I fly a tier five ship in mk xi gear and that's the best I'll ever use?
I JUST got my MK XI deflector to finish my set a couple days ago. And I do have a Fleet Norgh now. Does that count? It's purty. But all of 2012 was spent in a Heavy BoP with MK X and XI items off of the exchnage and my MAD SEXY MK X KHG set. You can do fine with a BoP I guess is what I'm saying. I don't know what I'm saying. None of the cool kids want me either.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 35
01-03-2013, 10:45 PM
i ditched the bug ship for my steamrunner about 2 weeks ago.....and im loving it...

wont go back to the bug ship....

still popping people like always....

still tops in kills and damage in every match i pug in....

want proof? as OPVP....

did it half because i'm tired of people telling me i need the bug ship to kill things....

half because i want to look at a damn fedscort on my screen while doing so.

*treknerd4life*

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-

edit: i know someone who wants a thissler
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
# 36
01-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Zero Rep Grinded

Advanced Escort. And I can keep pace with -anyone- right now. Well I would if I hadn't taken such a long break from the game.

XI purples across the board.

I'm workin on my consistency.

I don't need no stinkin bugship. Never have and never will.

And if someone really wants me to unleash hell, I'll just back my MVAM out of the shipyard and let my sci and tac garbage rain death.

I will say this though, I would love a que option to not have this reputation garbage mucking things up.

Last edited by mavhax; 01-03-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,454
# 37
01-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
reading this thread just makes me want to say....

its all the pilot folks.

toys are toys....1 trick ponies every 3 minutes that i laugh off all the time....most pvp veterans in this game do....they are an annoyance at most....

gear will get you another 15% production out of your ship for any given combo....maybe 20% in some areas...this will also do nothing if you face someone who is a good pilot, and knows how to fly his ship, and when to use his powers against you.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
3 purple tech doffs w/aux2 batt will get you 30% off, much more if you run dual aux2batt or use abilities like RSP w/long cooldowns.

The KDF Vet ship can be run w/a passive +30 targeting, this allows running more CritH or CritD weapon procs. The shield Vamp is broken again and has it's cooldown reduced by Aux2batt. When compared to other destroyers is has a BC, I can't think of a non-Z store/fleet destoyer also. When compared to Raiders it's much more sturdy and has an extra weapon mount point. Not to say, particularly in tactical mode, it doesn't have drawbacks such as poor shield mods, but it's still an example of a ship that's clearly better.

Plas leech is an always on console, there are other consoles w/always on attributes now from the Ferengi store, there are Reputation consoles. These aren't time gated.

Piloting matters, but there has been a huge power creep and 15-20% is way low on min-maxing this stuff.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,308
# 38
01-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
3 purple tech doffs w/aux2 batt will get you 30% off, much more if you run dual aux2batt or use abilities like RSP w/long cooldowns.

The KDF Vet ship can be run w/a passive +30 targeting, this allows running more CritH or CritD weapon procs. The shield Vamp is broken again and has it's cooldown reduced by Aux2batt. When compared to other destroyers is has a BC, I can't think of a non-Z store/fleet destoyer also. When compared to Raiders it's much more sturdy and has an extra weapon mount point. Not to say, particularly in tactical mode, it doesn't have drawbacks such as poor shield mods, but it's still an example of a ship that's clearly better.

Plas leech is an always on console, there are other consoles w/always on attributes now from the Ferengi store, there are Reputation consoles. These aren't time gated.

Piloting matters, but there has been a huge power creep and 15-20% is way low on min-maxing this stuff.
I really really really don't want to give you to much traction here. I'll just agree with everything you say and then just let that go away. Like it never happened.

The vet ship CLEARLY is better.

There are ways to compete in PVP without any of that though. We can show you someone being competitive and having a good time in common gear. Not a huge deal. Do you get to do ANYTHING YOU WANT PEW PEW PEW for that. Not so much

But anywhere in life do you really get to do anything you want with little to no money down? And it works out well? Honest.

First off, and let's get back on topic, you get a wingman. You could get someone to fly with that knows more than you do. You could get help. It's an mmo.

Second you could learn a few things about the state of the game and defense/resistance and how to apply that to your ship.

So on the cheap you could maybe put together a Sci ship that was very sturdy and you could have a good time with because you wouldn't die right off the bat. Is that a bad thing? Maybe you don't WANT to fly a Sci ship forever, but is that to much to ask that maybe you start there and learn?

Please don't think this isn't possible, cause I'll just link ANOTHER boring video of a ship in all common gear, pleain t5, doing just that.

I think all these guys (and certainly myself) were saying is that not everyone feels the need to beat someone to death using "P2W" items. In my case thats strictly because I'm not bright enough to make them work. I'm sure those others COULD if they wanted. So people that DO enjoy that sort of behavior you may want to avoid for just those reasons and people that DON'T enjoy that sort of behavior you may want to seek out because they will likely assist you in learning about PVP.

There is an edge to that gear, but not as bad as you may think, and certainly not hard to counter. Please, get a wingman, and practice.

And zing I guess this sorta points back at pvp bootcamp etc.

And this isn't specially aimed at you, and the facts you brought up ARE facts no doubt. Just adding that in spite of those facts there are clear ways to overcome that gap.

Cheers and happy flying.

And Horizon....I WANT MY SOCKS BACK!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 726
# 39
01-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post

did it half because i'm tired of people telling me i need the bug ship to kill things....

Anyone that knows you, for it to be a fair fight you would need to be in T3 escort with MK 0 gear.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 726
# 40
01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
Zero Rep Grinded

Advanced Escort. And I can keep pace with -anyone- right now. Well I would if I hadn't taken such a long break from the game.

XI purples across the board.

I'm workin on my consistency.

I don't need no stinkin bugship. Never have and never will.

And if someone really wants me to unleash hell, I'll just back my MVAM out of the shipyard and let my sci and tac garbage rain death.

I will say this though, I would love a que option to not have this reputation garbage mucking things up.
I am with Mav, I am flying a really underpowered build from season 6. I am in full borg set with the phased tets and the only really good DOFF I have is a purple warp core Doff that really helps with the power level drains/targetted. I can hold my own, maybe not against the guys that have been playing for the last 3 months while I played other games but I am still in the mix. I woefully low in rep system. The only P2W console I run is the ferengi torp crit one you bought with lobi back in S6
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 PM.