Career Officer
# 11
01-02-2013, 08:05 AM
He said future patch. He didn't say when specifically. It could be any patch down the road and not just a patch for the holiday event.
Ensign
# 12
01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboy42 View Post
He said future patch. He didn't say when specifically. It could be any patch down the road and not just a patch for the holiday event.
Yes at this rate, more like a patch on Winter 2013.
Career Officer
# 13
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Let' hope he wasn't talking about an alternate future. I think... ...I am convinced Cryptic is run by Q. This whole STO business seem to be right up Qs alley.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Please can someone explain what I am supposed to do with these receipts. It's all very well to make fun and jokes but I'm a lifetime sub player who's just come back and would like a serious answer about what I am going to get form these receipts, since they were given to me in exchange for taking away lots of the old currencies I had back then.
Ensign
# 15
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
@casbyness - the community manager's post in this thread says "We'll let you do something with them in a future patch". In other words, hang on to them and keep an eye on the patch notes until the future (whenever that may be) patch that lets you spend the receipts is available.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourleave View Post
@casbyness - the community manager's post in this thread says "We'll let you do something with them in a future patch". In other words, hang on to them and keep an eye on the patch notes until the future (whenever that may be) patch that lets you spend the receipts is available.
The answer "we'll do something between now and the end of time", is not acceptable. I would like to know something a bit less vague than "whenever". Either the Dev team is working on adding something to a specific upcoming patch (in which case they would have a rough idea of when the receipts will be able to be cashed in), or they aren't (in which case the answer is "meh, you may as well delete them since we have no plans for them right now").

MMO players need to stop allowing themselves be brainwashed by the classic "Soon(TM)" response that Devs give to questions they can't be bothered to answer properly.
Ensign
# 17
01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Still waiting for the response from the dev.

If you plan on reintroducing vendor for Holiday Gift Receipt next year, could you at least let us know that the vendor won't be available this year?

The waiting is becoming unbearable and the silence from Dev is getting ridiculous.
Ensign
# 18
01-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Still waiting for Dev's response.

The Winterland Event is approaching the end.

Why is it that the redemption system is not present yet?

After the Winterland, can you place something on GTL Conversion thingy where we can redeem our tokens for the previous 2011 special winter clothings or something?
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
01-10-2013, 03:58 AM
I have 5 of these as well. Been holding on to them waiting for this Winterfest to do something with them. Ah well!

Perhaps we will have till the end of the month though and not just the end of the Winterfest to use them. As per http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=798511 by visiting the one of the ?GPL Conversion Unit? consoles located at Quark?s Bar on Deep Space Nine and near the Dabo tables on Drozana station.

Just a hope.
Ensign
# 20
01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Best bet, just kick back, relax, and wait til something is announced. Let them sit there and take up space in your inventory. About all you can do unfortunately.