Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyman View Post
Most of these points and suggestions fall on deaf ears lately. If you have a post of 49 pages or more and nothing has been done about it realistically how effective can it be.
The 49 pages of posts are merely people suggesting and discussing stuff to put into the proposal.

The actual finalised proposal is in the Google Doc, which is far, far less than 49 pages. It's very, very, very hard to miss, but in case you and haldan1968 have trouble finding it:

http://bit.ly/STOShipInteriorProposal

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread

Last edited by sumghai; 01-03-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Lieutenant
# 12
01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
The 49 pages of posts are merely people suggesting and discussing stuff to put into the proposal.

The actual finalised proposal is in the Google Doc, which is far, far less than 49 pages. It's very, very, very hard to miss, but in case you and haldan1968 have trouble finding it:

http://bit.ly/STOShipInteriorProposal
Thank you for the more direct link; this makes sense now. I can clearly see that you have put a lot of work and effort into your proposal. Nicely done.

However, I will still reserve the right to post whatever ideas and suggestions wherever I please to. That being said, I appreciate the link as it allows anyone coming here to follow it if they so please.

Cheers.
Lieutenant
# 13
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
You want to see something really weird?

Get on a cloakign Defiant and look at the bottom of the ship. The circle, the shuttle bay, has doors that LOOK like they were designed to open.
This is where they decided to have the shuttle bay on the show, so it would make sense that perhaps the designers had originally wanted it to work like that in the game before abandoning it.

The real problem with the Defiant is that nobody who was writing for DS9 or designing the sets or ships bothered to figure out how the thing was going to work before filming. Some of the original concept art has the bridge located in the front section of the ship (where the deflector is) and it could be jettisoned as a last resort to save the crew.

http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/defiant.html

http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/images/dd-7.gif

Another issue is the docking mechanism located somewhere in the main deflector because someone making decisions thought that it would look cool to have the ship docked nose first on DS9. It would make a lot more sense to have the ship docked by the aft section (and it even looks like we have a docking lock and door back there).

I will not get into any size and scale issues that the show presented, as most ships have serious issue there anyway. (I am looking at you Klingon Bird of Prey), so I will simply ignore that the in-game Defiant is bigger than it should be .

Anyway, the Defiant has some problems for interior design that begin with the TV show, and it already doesn?t make a whole lot of sense. The best we can do now for the game is fix it moving forward.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I like the idea of a mission on the bridge.

Many people have discussed "flying" from bridge which obviously isnt happening in this game the way it is made. But a mission yeah but what about all bridges are different?

Its gonna be like...

"to fire phasers turn to pg. 57."

"To fire torpedos turn to page 32."

Then you turn to page 57 and its like

"Oooh you lost phaser power and died!!!"

And your like crap and turn to page 32 and pretend like you never turned to page 57.