Lieutenant
# 21
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
just tried your latest mission and noticed two problems, Lt Seks (is it) keeps walking and when he does the dialogue box closes,and nothing triggers when you beam down.Still just lists "beam down to Ambria"
Career Officer
# 22
12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryu View Post
just tried your latest mission and noticed two problems, Lt Seks (is it) keeps walking and when he does the dialogue box closes,and nothing triggers when you beam down.Still just lists "beam down to Ambria"
Hmm, thank you for letting me know, I've checked the problems and they should be fixed now.
It looks like I had accidentally set Sek to wander, so I turned that off. And the beaming down to Ambria issue was caused by a radius of 0 on a place marker. I'm not sure why, but now all place markers seem to be at 0 when placed. They used to have a positive value when placed, not sure why this was changed as it is profoundly annoying...

Anyway, should all be fixed.

Thanks,

-XA

(NOTE:Okay, so it looks like it's published and should be available for play. It seems that all the times it stopped at 50.00% it had actually finished publishing but the percentage marker just wasn't working properly...either way, it's up now.)
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!

Last edited by vexravus; 12-13-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
I just want to ask about your new series, was the Ambria's Pride mission taken down again, because I cannot find it in the list of foundry missions?
Career Officer
# 24
01-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaladar View Post
I just want to ask about your new series, was the Ambria's Pride mission taken down again, because I cannot find it in the list of foundry missions?
The mission should be available, however it has only received 3 of the 5 required reviews, so it may not show up in the main mission list yet. If you want to find any of my missions just do a custom search using the author name XerosArmera. That should bring up the full list of my missions. If you still can't find it I'll see if I can figured out why it isn't showing up.

Thanks,

-XA
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexravus View Post
The mission should be available, however it has only received 3 of the 5 required reviews, so it may not show up in the main mission list yet. If you want to find any of my missions just do a custom search using the author name XerosArmera. That should bring up the full list of my missions. If you still can't find it I'll see if I can figured out why it isn't showing up.

Thanks,

-XA
Thank you for the advise but even a custom search for your name turns up only Blood and Nanoprobes as your latest missions but not the Deianeira or Ambria's Pride missions.

Maybe someone could check and confirm the issue is only affecting me.
Career Officer
# 26
01-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaladar View Post
Thank you for the advise but even a custom search for your name turns up only Blood and Nanoprobes as your latest missions but not the Deianeira or Ambria's Pride missions.

Maybe someone could check and confirm the issue is only affecting me.
I have had someone else do an independent investigation and all you have to do is go to the "Review Content" tab and search using the keyword Ambria. It should bring up both of my new missions, but since they have not had the required 5 reviews yet they do not appear in the general mission pool.

If they don't show up when you do that I can't offer any more advice as I don't know why they wouldn't be there.

I hope this helps.

-XA
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Thank you, my fault for having disabled the "reviewer" option, so I could not see all missions.

*Minor Spoilers*
I think it is overall a very good mission with the investigation during the first part and the heavy combat during the second half.

The only thing I did not like was the Thalaron device puzzle at the end that was essentially just guessing the code, unless I missed some clues earlier.
Career Officer
# 28
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Update - Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 1:07PM (EST)

In the interest of making sure this thread doesn't get counted as "dead" because it hasn't been posted in for 30 days (even though I update it on a regular basis and those just don't seem to count, which seems strange...but I digree...) I'm going to just start posting updates in new messages...I'm still going to put the mission into into the first couple of messages as I've been doing, since that's the information that I really want to get out there, but for everything else, it's going to be a fresh post!

Most of what will end up in this particular post was probably already said in my update the other day, but I'll probably clear that off the front page and just leave the important intro and mission stuff there.

Anyway, onto the relevant information. First off, I just want to say thank you once again to all the people that have played and enjoyed my missions and a special thank you to those of you who took the time to give a detailed and well thought out review. It means a lot and shows me that my work was appreciated. Also, they can be very helpful in improving missions that I've already published and in helping me make the ones I haven't published yet even better, so keep them coming in.

You can also post here or PM me on the forums or in game. I'm also open to friend requests if you want to talk about the Foundry, my missions, your own missions, or you just want to be friends.

Next up, my two latest missions Ambria's Pride: The Eagle's Claw and Thicker Than Water are both awaiting the five required reviews before they get onto the main list of missions. Please have a look, give them a try, give me some feedback and help get them out of the review phase.

I'm currently working on part 2 for both new series, with part 2 of Ambria's Pride, Garden of the Dead and part 2 of the Deianeira series, The Importance of Being Q. Work on both is progressing quickly, but I won't be releasing them until part one for both series at least makes it out of the review phase.

Also...1,400 views! It's great to know that there is some interest in my missions out there. I hope I can keep you all entertained.

Thank you,

-XA
Career Officer
# 29
02-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Update - Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 5:48pm (EST)

So, I have not published part 2 of either of my new series yet and this is because of a few things. First, I just haven't had much time to work on them. I've been incredibly busy lately, which has left me very little time to work on my missions. I am able to do maybe 10 minutes of work on them every few days or so. This is a bit frustrating, but there isn't much I can do. Second, I need to finish writing the stories (mostly just dialogue, unless I find that I am unable to do something because of the limitations of the Foundry) which is proving difficult because of both my lack of time and because of a very serious case of writers' block...Hopefully it will pass soon and I will have time to work on them again.

Also, I have decided that maybe I will take a brief break from the Ambria's Pride and Deianeira series and instead I will continue and finally finish the Mind Games series. I started it a long time ago, completed all but one part, and then abandoned the project because I didn't feel it was of acceptable quality. However, having recreated part one of that series and knowing where I want to take it I feel I should finish it. We will see...

Lately, I have been communicating directly with some players who have been enjoying my missions and giving me direct feedback. It have proved to be both interesting and useful and I appreciate the interest and effort on their part. The comments from players are fantastic and it's great to see so many people enjoy the stories I create. Please, if you have enjoyed my missions please tell your friends and fleetmates about them and don't hesitate to send me a message if you have something to say.

Once again, thanks to all the players, everyone who has left a good, constructive comments and especially to everyone who has been generous enough to leave a tip. I appreciate it very much.

-XA
Commander
# 30
02-16-2013, 08:40 AM
I would just like to say your 'Once Upon a Time' series are some of the finest missions I have played, and I play an obscene amount of Foundry. I recommend them to friends and fleetmates alike as, in my humble opinion, they stand up with anything found in the game. You have captured my interest good sir and I look forward to playing your other adventures! Thanks for helping me 'live out' my Trek fantasy and please keep up the good work!