Lt. Commander
# 71
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraco View Post
Cryptic

You must implement privacy options for Gateway. If you cannot click on someone's avatar in game and obtain all their setup details then anyone should not be freely able to do so outside the game using your Gateway.

Those who want to publicly display and link their setups should be allowed to via Privacy Permissions:
  • Permission for Fleet to View
  • Permission for Friends to View
  • Permission for All to View

Permissions per account or per character would be best. This way you can get ahead of any possible misuse or abuse of Gateway information.
This^^ and whoever that was that something similar earlier in the thread.
Permission to view character details of someone elses account should by default turned off, then that player should have to turn on the "yes, other people can view my details".
It just seems like a standard privacy issue to me.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Career Officer
# 72
01-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
This^^ and whoever that was that something similar earlier in the thread.
Permission to view character details of someone elses account should by default turned off, then that player should have to turn on the "yes, other people can view my details".
It just seems like a standard privacy issue to me.
Agreed. Please count my vote for allowing this feature to be turned off/disabled if we choose. Thank you.
Ensign
# 73
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I think it's great. Seeing it's based on LCARS there should be the option to have LCARS audio to interact along with it.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
The BOFF abilities are listed in the incorrect order. It looks like they are listed as

3 2 1 4

with 1 = ensign, 4 =commander, etc.

Looks true for both bridge stations and away team abilities.

Will captain/BOFF skills/experience be added as well?

Edit:
Windows 7, Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m

Last edited by moronwmachinegun; 01-04-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 75
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey all! Thanks for trying out the Gateway system. Please keep letting us know what problems you find.

PLEASE: When you have a problem, tell us what platform/device (e.g. Windows, Android on Galaxy Nexus SIII, iPhone) and what browser (e.g. Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m, latest Safari, IE9) you are using. Many of these problems are browser-specific, even if they don't seem like it.

To address some of the issues above:
  • Privacy options are on the way.
  • We are looking into the problem where cell phones keep asking for one-time codes.

For those who log in and later on see a "down for maintenance" message: do you ever see a character list? If you do and choose one, do you ever get to see a character page? (Also, let us know what browser you're using.)

We have lots planned for Gateway, but we're trying to get a lot of boring foundation stuff done and working great first. Any help you give us is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by crypticpoz; 01-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Ensign
# 76
01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
It would be perfect if it was an app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Already tried using it on my iPad and pinned a copy of it to my Home screen but that didn't workout the way it should because it wants me to register my iPad's browser again which is actually really stupid to do when it's already been registered. Also the ability to access the game and play it would be good for the tablet PC platform or iPads, iPhones and for iPod Touch! This really needs to be worked on and have more thought put into how it works!
Ensign
# 77
01-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I am getting down for maintenence error.

I log in it does the accessing personal info screen for a really long time then Bamf out.

no Character screen no options. just log in....error

using explorer 9.0.8112.16421

I also use pidgin to access in game chats im gold on BOTH CO and STO have anivertery box on sto.

( pidgin over all is working however for the last week ive been only able to access one of my 3 STO guilds. i had paragon fleet joined Aracnos armada with my kdf char AA worked but PEF did not. so i quit PEF joined Research station jung RSJ works but now BOTH AA and PEF dont access. Global channals work fine.) i use IM+ to access jabber on iphone they do not have jabber chat support.

I do not have tribble server (yet).

I agree it would be nice to have a app that will access chats/gateway possibly even auctionhouse/Doff missions but that probibly to much to hope for.
Ensign
# 78
01-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Good to hear that privacy is comming up.

I like the Idea to give Access to the Fleet or give permission to Special @handles.

It would be Perfect to have an API to get Date from this System so it can be user for the Fleet Page.
Export of the Fleet Data (Member List, Fleet Base Status,) as XML or JSON would be gread.

Maybe it's an Idea to have a php API (only read rights) to get all this Data.
Grep all this Data via curl would be an bad option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Testing on iphone (latest Safari) and Windows 8 (latest Chrome) Looks Good.
Empire Veteran
# 79 Gateway
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Are we going to ever get any cryptic direction or feature list or eta's on this thing?

What is being worked on now?
Is it going to take a month? 2?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 80
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
At the moment, we are working mainly on compatibility issues and basic infrastructure stuff which is rather invisible. (Except that needing to get new Account Guard permissions all the time and many "maintenance" errors will be getting fixed.)

You will start to see some Fleet support fairly soon.
Closed Thread