Career Officer
# 11
12-30-2012, 12:35 PM
IMO the only item in the entire Romulan rep system worth getting is the Zero Point module. The 1.8% CrtH bonus is nice. Don't really have use for the rest of the stuff.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
They removed the STF store to make way for the "new and improved" rep system, which not getting into the whole dil/ec/grind of it was supposed to be the gateway to new and improved endgame gear.

This game has so many options for space sets now, but the problem is the only 3 that are viable are still the Borg, MACO, Omega ones. I leveled a new character post season 7 release and the whole time had the hopes they'd add the Aegis set to the Rep system and finally give it the re-balance it needs because the visuals are amazing for it, but the stats just plain suck. Not only did any of this not happen, but from what everyone is saying all the space sets in the rep system are the same as before or copy/paste.

A Positron deflector shouldn't have better hull/shield stats then an endgame grindfest one.

Shields of any space set should have anti-borg stats

Endgame engines should all have the driver coil/transwarp 14 bonus, effective at high/low energy and either increased turn or increased speed.

Basically really it should come down to simply which one you like the best visually and which one has the best stats for you, not which one you'll suffer with because it has the best everything. One thing I would really love to see happen is that the set bonuses become "rep system piece bonuses" meaning it doesn't matter what "set" the pieces are from and the set bonus and visuals are customization.

for example I would have for a 3 piece set bonus:

%5 defense

reactive shielding

+30 to shield emitters

(just for random example)

Borg Engine

Maco shield

Breen Deflector

Aegis Visuals
Commander
# 13
01-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Would have been nice if they made
the Romulan space set a hybrid version of the
maco and klingon honor guard with small bonus of the borg set.

but to me all the space ship sets need to be redesigned
people are way to dependent on the borg set of the healing
bonus and so majority of the other space sets dont get used.
Captain
# 14
01-03-2013, 03:47 AM
I would appreciate if we could get some information by a dev regarding the state of the Romulan space set, in terms of if it is really a work in progress or working as intended.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
01-04-2013, 04:58 PM
This is considered working as designed for the time being.

The purpose of the Romulan Space Set is that it is a valid option to be considered in lieu of obtaining the Reman Space Set. It offers a stat variation that some captains may prefer over the Reman Set, and a different ship overlay visual with the Shield.

They have the same set bonuses, the same costs in the Reputation System and the same tier requirements.

Again, it's an optional variation of the existing set. Not intended to be an upgrade.

Of course... saying this doesn't preclude the set from being reviewed, tuned and changed in the future.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

The purpose of the Romulan Space Set is that it is a valid option to be considered in lieu of obtaining the Reman Space Set. It offers a stat variation that some captains may prefer over the Reman Set, and a different ship overlay visual with the Shield.

They have the same set bonuses, the same costs in the Reputation System and the same tier requirements.

Again, it's an optional variation of the existing set. Not intended to be an upgrade.

Of course... saying this doesn't preclude the set from being reviewed, tuned and changed in the future.
How does it and the Reman set compare to the STF sets?

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I can understand that the Reman set is unchanged, but we were all expecting something new with the Romulan one. Maybe not an endgame set but something closer to that.
Empire Veteran
# 18
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:

I have one alt I have a fleet somraw raptor on that is a science officer that the romulan set as it is right now would be perfect for. The romulan/reman sets primarily would be something imo that someone would use if they combine two heavy elements such as a heavy tact ship with heavy buff/healing captain only skills or vice versa. Basically use the set to help flesh out any weaknesses in a given persons setup but thats how i'm viewing its functionality.
Captain
# 19
01-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:

Mark XII Borg sets: Tier 5 Omega Reputation

Mark XII Romulan/Reman sets: Tier 5 Romulan Reputation

Is there any reason why these sets aren't EQUAL in terms of power, when they are equal in difficulty of obtaining? (Romulan/Reman sets are technically harder to obtain, since you don't have any STFs that award Romulan Marks)
Empire Veteran
# 20
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
ive been meaning to look into what the stats and set bonuses are. from the tool tip i could see in the rep store, they are extreamly similar to reman set. does anyone know what the rom set bonuses are? really need to check it out on tribble at some point
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus