Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

-----

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes

Last edited by stnate; 01-24-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
You are the man Brandon! I figured since I found a way to get my launcher to update, I would share it with everybody that has a similar issue. I'm sure the problem is not on the server end, and not on my end, which means that its probably my ISP (actually more like most likely, because they really do suck). But its the best internet I can get living out in the sticks. I appreciate the effort and everything all you guys do for the game, as I am sure many other STO players do.

Thanks again!
Ensign
# 4
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks man, you have my eternal gratitude.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

What if we keep getting kicked offline from the game, and it's not the fault of the ISP? Is there anything you know that may help fix this?
Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
Career Officer
# 6
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Can you provide the link for the CO launcher as well? Both of my launchers are so out of date, they won't do anything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-14-2013, 07:39 AM
I've downloaded the most recent launcher from the link, but my launcher's been having problems since mid-December and this doesn't seem to be doing anything, can anybody offer a solution? (PWE Tech Support doesn't offer much help on this for me)

Last edited by sharpie65; 01-14-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Career Officer
Earlier I thought I'd beam to New Romulus and just have a look around.
I recalled that early in the season New Romulus would occaisionally crash my game, but I figured , heck they've had a whole season ... couldn't still be happening right ?

WRONG !

tried beaming to new rom.

game didn't exactly crash.
It just freaking stopped.
Not froze.
Stopped.
It was suddenly no longer running.
No crash report.
Just game no longer running.

Now when i start the launcher and sign in , my "ENGAGE" button never highlights, the launcher hangs up at .... patching .....

How do I fix this ?
Anyone ?

Of note, able to log into Champions Online just fine.

So, yeah, once this gets fixed, i am permanently done with the crash /snooze fest that is the New Romulus fail of a season.

Sorry TaceFace, it's beautiful there. Too bad the designers and other people working on it couldn't make it so it doesn't crash and ruin peoples games.

Seriously, please anyone help here ?

EDIT : restart fixes everything. I always forget that part. thanks to the guys at SBUGC for reminding me of it

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-14-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Ensign
# 9
01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone.

Yesterday after having some problems trying to login to STO i downloaded this launcher to see if it would resolve anything. It didn't, it caused the launcher to lose it's version number. Can anyone help me with this? Is there anyway to force a launcher update?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
This didn't work for me either.

I was online early this morning with no problems, now the Launcher won't connect?

As a Gold member, where is my preferred log in?

Even my STO website bookmark doesn't work anymore!?

I had to go through PWE's website to get in here?

What gives?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 01-16-2013 at 01:38 PM.