Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Commander
# 1 Why is there Lag?
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I'll admit right off I'm not very savvy with the inner-workings of the Internet, connections, or a PC, so I'll get really blunt.

Since I rejoined STO around the beginning of December, the game has been laggy. Sometimes this lag has been extreme, other times, less so. Its never really gone away, and during many loading screens, what I normally take as a bad sign, has become commonplace and an annoying sight.

Server not responding (X seconds)

This is rumored to be a result of the late Season 7: New Romulus. All I know is that it never lagged before, and ever since I returned to this game, its been lagging constantly.

I've snooped around, and it seems several other people have had these same problems, but very few compared to everyone who plays the game.

Whether it is me in denial over my Internet connection or the subtle indication that the issue is with the servers on the other end (I have brief moments where I move just fine, but everything else stops), I could really use some insight as to why I'm experiencing this problem. I know I haven't provided much technical info, but not doubt someone has had/is having this problem and knows 150% more about it than I do.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted