Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 952
# 21
01-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Mark XII Borg sets: Tier 5 Omega Reputation

Mark XII Romulan/Reman sets: Tier 5 Romulan Reputation

Is there any reason why these sets aren't EQUAL in terms of power, when they are equal in difficulty of obtaining? (Romulan/Reman sets are technically harder to obtain, since you don't have any STFs that award Romulan Marks)
Romulan marks are crazy easy to get via epohh breeding, and you can do most of the work to get them while offline. While I wouldn't be sad if the sets were as powerful, to say the journey to tier 5 is equally difficult is not at all true. I got 1300 Romluan marks from the winter epohhs without more then 5-10 mins a day effort, and had I been really serious about it I could have gotten a lot more. How long would it take to get 1300 Borg marks?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,243
# 22
01-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Romulan marks are crazy easy to get via epohh breeding, and you can do most of the work to get them while offline. While I wouldn't be sad if the sets were as powerful, to say the journey to tier 5 is equally difficult is not at all true. I got 1300 Romluan marks from the winter epohhs without more then 5-10 mins a day effort, and had I been really serious about it I could have gotten a lot more. How long would it take to get 1300 Borg marks?
10 minutes a day running ISE for 75+ marks a run, plus about 1k dil and a borg thingie. Even faster if you run ISE in a premade.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,014
# 23
01-04-2013, 10:25 PM
So anyways I went to do the Romulan Engine project and after a god awful amount of resources I click collect and get a Reman Engine. I am kind of hoping I don't hear back the attitude I did last year when season 5 had a bug like this where they said tough luck but you'll have to grind it back after we fix it or if they will actually exchange this for the one I was *trying* to get.

I won't hold my breathe but I would say that it would be redundant for you to ask me to vote for you in one of these contests but yet when we as players need your help the customer service isn't there.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 01-05-2013 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Trying to be nice despite a horrible bug
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 24
01-05-2013, 02:07 AM
you know what would be really nice? A set the benefits broad-side cruiser, or at the very least broadside torps. None of the endgame sets have set bonuses and parts that benefit tanking broadside cruisers. I'm running a 2-piece maco with a fleet component because the repluser is almost useless for me
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 777
# 25
01-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is considered working as designed for the time being.

The purpose of the Romulan Space Set is that it is a valid option to be considered in lieu of obtaining the Reman Space Set. It offers a stat variation that some captains may prefer over the Reman Set, and a different ship overlay visual with the Shield.

They have the same set bonuses, the same costs in the Reputation System and the same tier requirements.

Again, it's an optional variation of the existing set. Not intended to be an upgrade.

Of course... saying this doesn't preclude the set from being reviewed, tuned and changed in the future.
Thanks for the reply. However, this still very confusing. Why would you make a copy of an existing set? I mean, I'm pretty sure every player at least expected some new set bonuses, because that's what we get from the Omega gear. The romulan reputation system therefore looks a bit unfinished to me. Would you guys at least consider adding a different two-piece set bonus? There were already a few suggestions here on the forums, like a passive boost to plasma weapons/plasma DoTs instead of the torpedo speed bonus.

Also do you plan on adding visuals for the deflector and the engine? No need to add something fancy, but a few color changes like green warp nacelles and warp trails would be great!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 26
01-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
you know what would be really nice? A set the benefits broad-side cruiser, or at the very least broadside torps. None of the endgame sets have set bonuses and parts that benefit tanking broadside cruisers. I'm running a 2-piece maco with a fleet component because the repluser is almost useless for me
Almost every set favors tanking cruisers... the only one that doesn't is Omega.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
# 27
01-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Almost every set favors tanking cruisers... the only one that doesn't is Omega.
Or the polaron that favors the bug ship. Or the temporal one that favors the temporal ships. Or the KHG/Adapted MACO one that favors science torpboats.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,014
# 28
01-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Almost every set favors tanking cruisers... the only one that doesn't is Omega.
The only contradiction to one is the enigma of raptors in their manner of being as large as a cruiser in hull but setup like an escort so it could benefit from all sets depending on how you set it up
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 29
01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Or the polaron that favors the bug ship. Or the temporal one that favors the temporal ships. Or the KHG/Adapted MACO one that favors science torpboats.
The jem'hadar isn't a Mk XII set, plus it works just as well for anyone using Polaron. The victory is life thing doesn't even work.

The Temporal isn't even a eng/defl/shield set, and that you'd choose to bring it into the argument points out just how weak your point is,
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
# 30
01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The jem'hadar isn't a Mk XII set, plus it works just as well for anyone using Polaron. The victory is life thing doesn't even work.

The Temporal isn't even a eng/defl/shield set, and that you'd choose to bring it into the argument points out just how weak your point is,
So I shouldn't bother talking about the Ferengi one? Sector Space Tycoon!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 PM.