Lt. Commander
# 1 Starship Interiors?
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I dont know where to post this but wanted to ask a few questions related to starship interiors.

1) Has there been any talk of releasing more ship specific bridges? NX bridge, Galaxy X bridge, Breen bridge, etc

2) What about talk of releasing corridor packs to match the ships? I know the Defiant bridge pack comes with a corridor pack that makes the corridor appear correct.

3) Are they going to shrink the interior sets down in size to be correct? Currently things just looks cartoonish to me having so much dead space on a starship.

4) This last question is about trophies, are we going to be getting more starship wall trophies? I only ask this because up till now Ive been putting the liniage of each starship with the same name on the wall but for my main character I cant do this cause there is no NX class, Excelsior class, or even the Galaxy X. I would hope that they would add more cause my Galaxy X currently only has one starship on the wall and thats the Galaxy class none of the other classes exsist as trophies.
Captain
# 2
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM
I think it is Tacofang that talks with the players a lot in the Interior Development thread. The Defiant and TOS interiors are more tolerable compared to the other interiors for size. There has been talk about customizable interiors, but the official response is that requires tech from Neverwinter. Basically, it is involved with the Foundry. This is from June's Ask Cryptic.

Quote:
Q: (Jared1701) Are there still plans to bring crafting, a working shuttle bay, and new mini games to ship interiors and if so when?

Dstahl: These items had shown up in previous Engineering Reports as designs we were discussing and wanting to put in the game, but are not currently being worked on. At this time, we are focused on Starbase interiors. Neverwinter is working on a Foundry addition to build custom interior spaces (room by room). Once this feature is done and ready, we will have the opportunity to import something similar into STO. At that time, we would consider opening up the ability for players to fully customize their own ship interiors room by room and prop by prop. That is a ways off at this point, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I think it is Tacofang that talks with the players a lot in the Interior Development thread. The Defiant and TOS interiors are more tolerable compared to the other interiors for size. There has been talk about customizable interiors, but the official response is that requires tech from Neverwinter. Basically, it is involved with the Foundry. This is from June's Ask Cryptic.
Ah ok, I heard that there was talk but never heard anything more about it.

The idea of customizing the interior sounds nice. Just wonder how much of a hassle it would be in the end. If its like some of the other in game creation software ive used in the past then its probably better suited for those that dont get frustrated easily.
Captain
# 4
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62 View Post
Ah ok, I heard that there was talk but never heard anything more about it.

The idea of customizing the interior sounds nice. Just wonder how much of a hassle it would be in the end. If its like some of the other in game creation software ive used in the past then its probably better suited for those that dont get frustrated easily.
Read this thread, particularly this part. It should give you a good idea of what everyone wants and what we think is feasible. It should answer most of your questions as well.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Read this thread, particularly this part. It should give you a good idea of what everyone wants and what we think is feasible. It should answer most of your questions as well.
Thanks for the link ill go through it. I know the little bit I did skim through and saw I did like.