Starfleet Veteran
# 21
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I just got the experimental beam array last night. Here are a few observations:

1) The zero energy weapon firing cost is nice!

2) The Hyperflux firing mode cooldown seems a bit long at 2 minutes. How about shortening that time frame down to 90 seconds? This will make it more practical, especially since only one can be mounted on a ship at any given time.

3) Base damage is around 900+ DPS while in space, and 2200+ DPS while hyperflux firing mode is active.

Also, plasma weapons are not currently PVP-viable due to all the set shields with inherent plasma resistance (MACO, Omega, Borg, etc). Will this be corrected in the near future, or is plasma doomed to PVE-exclusive duty?
Commander
# 22
01-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I just got the experimental beam array last night. Here are a few observations:

1) The zero energy weapon firing cost is nice!

2) The Hyperflux firing mode cooldown seems a bit long at 2 minutes. How about shortening that time frame down to 90 seconds? This will make it more practical, especially since only one can be mounted on a ship at any given time.

3) Base damage is around 900+ DPS while in space, and 2200+ DPS while hyperflux firing mode is active.

Also, plasma weapons are not currently PVP-viable due to all the set shields with inherent plasma resistance (MACO, Omega, Borg, etc). Will this be corrected in the near future, or is plasma doomed to PVE-exclusive duty?

I like the Zero energy weapons.
Commander
# 23
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
This definitely needs looked at; I'm looking at switching to plasma to take advantage of this array and the set bonus. I'm not really building for PvP (never played a match) but it'd still be nice to know that my build isn't going to be weak if I do choose to go up against other players.

Personally I don't see why the borg shields (which I use) have 15% plasma resistance; I know they're adapted by task force omega but I think it would be better to have the M.A.C.O and Honour Guard focused on borg fighting with Plasma defence, and the borg shields having something like 5% all energy resistance or 5% absorption or something; the hook after all is that they're regenerative, and part of a set with regenerative bonuses, not that they're good against the borg and other plasma users.
Career Officer
# 24
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Plasma Infusers, same as other Romulan Plasma weaponry.
In the mouseover/info screen for the items, is there a way you can add this info on future items/skills as to reduce FUD and confusion?
Career Officer
# 25
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
In the mouseover/info screen for the items, is there a way you can add this info on future items/skills as to reduce FUD and confusion?
It's easy, if you mouseover it will say that it deals plasma damage, so it is boosted by the appropriate consoles.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
where is the test vendor at for reputation on tribble?

I cant seem to find the thread for it.

Quote:
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 27
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
where is the test vendor at for reputation on tribble?

I cant seem to find the thread for it.
If you wander to DS9, the test officer if standing to the left of the old STF shop there - right next to the Romulan
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
01-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
If you wander to DS9, the test officer if standing to the left of the old STF shop there - right next to the Romulan
ok, Thanks

Quote:
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
You can easily overcome set shield + plasma resist by using the + plasma damage romulan embassy consoles. The more sci slots a ship has the more + plasma damage you can apply. My Tac Ody, The ORCA, is running 3 + 8% consoles and the 7% bonus from the romulan 2 piece set. That's like adding over one whole tac console to her. In pve she is awesome, and in pvp she can still deliever some hurt, although I focus on healing and really only have full power into weapons when eps is rolling.

I hope to see more sets like this in the future because this is a great addition to the game!