Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,185
# 21
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I just got the experimental beam array last night. Here are a few observations:

1) The zero energy weapon firing cost is nice!

2) The Hyperflux firing mode cooldown seems a bit long at 2 minutes. How about shortening that time frame down to 90 seconds? This will make it more practical, especially since only one can be mounted on a ship at any given time.

3) Base damage is around 900+ DPS while in space, and 2200+ DPS while hyperflux firing mode is active.

Also, plasma weapons are not currently PVP-viable due to all the set shields with inherent plasma resistance (MACO, Omega, Borg, etc). Will this be corrected in the near future, or is plasma doomed to PVE-exclusive duty?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
# 22
01-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I just got the experimental beam array last night. Here are a few observations:

1) The zero energy weapon firing cost is nice!

2) The Hyperflux firing mode cooldown seems a bit long at 2 minutes. How about shortening that time frame down to 90 seconds? This will make it more practical, especially since only one can be mounted on a ship at any given time.

3) Base damage is around 900+ DPS while in space, and 2200+ DPS while hyperflux firing mode is active.

Also, plasma weapons are not currently PVP-viable due to all the set shields with inherent plasma resistance (MACO, Omega, Borg, etc). Will this be corrected in the near future, or is plasma doomed to PVE-exclusive duty?

I like the Zero energy weapons.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
# 23
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Also, plasma weapons are not currently PVP-viable due to all the set shields with inherent plasma resistance (MACO, Omega, Borg, etc). Will this be corrected in the near future, or is plasma doomed to PVE-exclusive duty?
This definitely needs looked at; I'm looking at switching to plasma to take advantage of this array and the set bonus. I'm not really building for PvP (never played a match) but it'd still be nice to know that my build isn't going to be weak if I do choose to go up against other players.

Personally I don't see why the borg shields (which I use) have 15% plasma resistance; I know they're adapted by task force omega but I think it would be better to have the M.A.C.O and Honour Guard focused on borg fighting with Plasma defence, and the borg shields having something like 5% all energy resistance or 5% absorption or something; the hook after all is that they're regenerative, and part of a set with regenerative bonuses, not that they're good against the borg and other plasma users.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 24
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Plasma Infusers, same as other Romulan Plasma weaponry.
In the mouseover/info screen for the items, is there a way you can add this info on future items/skills as to reduce FUD and confusion?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,593
# 25
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
In the mouseover/info screen for the items, is there a way you can add this info on future items/skills as to reduce FUD and confusion?
It's easy, if you mouseover it will say that it deals plasma damage, so it is boosted by the appropriate consoles.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,686
# 26
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
where is the test vendor at for reputation on tribble?

I cant seem to find the thread for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 652
# 27
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
where is the test vendor at for reputation on tribble?

I cant seem to find the thread for it.
If you wander to DS9, the test officer if standing to the left of the old STF shop there - right next to the Romulan
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,686
# 28
01-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
If you wander to DS9, the test officer if standing to the left of the old STF shop there - right next to the Romulan
ok, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
# 29
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
You can easily overcome set shield + plasma resist by using the + plasma damage romulan embassy consoles. The more sci slots a ship has the more + plasma damage you can apply. My Tac Ody, The ORCA, is running 3 + 8% consoles and the 7% bonus from the romulan 2 piece set. That's like adding over one whole tac console to her. In pve she is awesome, and in pvp she can still deliever some hurt, although I focus on healing and really only have full power into weapons when eps is rolling.

I hope to see more sets like this in the future because this is a great addition to the game!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:21 AM.