Captain
# 1 Mark 12 Weapons?
01-05-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm asking here because I can't seem to get a straight answer in game chat:

What happened to all of the Mark 12 Borg Weapons sets? I can't seem to find anything equivalent in the new rep system, and all that are available via the dilithium store are slightly modded Mark 11 devices.

Note: I have the full range of Mark 12 AP and POL cannon/turret/beam sets, but I would have liked to have picked-up another few items to outfit different ships, etc.

Are we now limited to Mark 11 stuff? Is there anything better out there than my "legacy" Mark 12 Borg weapons? Or should I be holding onto these for dear life because we'll never get anything like them again?!

Confused...

RCK
Captain
# 2
01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
They were removed. Apparently the Tier 4 passive was equivalent to the Borg proc, which wasn't working properly. Now you can't get cheap decent weapons.

But basically they were removed when S7 came out.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They were removed. Apparently the Tier 4 passive was equivalent to the Borg proc, which wasn't working properly. Now you can't get cheap decent weapons.

But basically they were removed when S7 came out.
So then it's Mark 11 or...nothing? Are there any other specialty weapons worth grinding for?

Note: I'm at Tier 4 (2K from Tier 5) and already have the Cutting Beam (awesome) and Plasma "V'ger" Torp thingy (sucks).

Also, I have the full MACO and OMEGA Mark 12 Shield/Def/Eng sets twice over. Is there any advantage to the new "Adapted" versions?

Starting to run out of things to grind for...

RCK
Captain
# 4
01-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
So then it's Mark 11 or...nothing? Are there any other specialty weapons worth grinding for?

Note: I'm at Tier 4 (2K from Tier 5) and already have the Cutting Beam (awesome) and Plasma "V'ger" Torp thingy (sucks).

Also, I have the full MACO and OMEGA Mark 12 Shield/Def/Eng sets twice over. Is there any advantage to the new "Adapted" versions?

Starting to run out of things to grind for...

RCK
adapted maco is the klingon honor guard mk xii set

the [borg] weapons are not coming back (it saves time for cryptic to add that one proc to the reputation, that deals dmg to everything, than to re-sepcify every borg enemy to the category they belong to), or not any time soon.

you can get better weapons anyway. the fleet weapons are easily superior, about 10% bonus dmg. also there are the romulan plasma weapons, those are really good too (couldnt decide yet which is better, for me it will come down to elite fleet weapons to make a real difference)
Captain
# 5
01-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Hmm so the antiproton Mk XII and Mk XI weapon I have before S7 in the bank are they borg weapons or have they been changed as well. Haven't really checked since I log on
Captain
# 6
01-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Hmm so the antiproton Mk XII and Mk XI weapon I have before S7 in the bank are they borg weapons or have they been changed as well. Haven't really checked since I log on
they are borg weapons still, they havent been touched, just you can't aquire them anymore.
I'm keeping my MK XII [borg] weapons...atleast the torpedos (where the 1000dmg proc works as it should, energy weapons not so sure)
also in my opinion MK XII borg weapons are still slightly better than very rare MK XI weapons [critH] [ACC]
Go pro or go home