Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Nope its not my first. Only reason I play this game is because its the LAST of my Star Trek.

That Abrams crap is an okay Sci-Fi movie but its not my Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2013, 01:38 AM
This is my first Star Trek experience and I love the game.

At this point...it is the best MMO I have played.

It got me into star trek in other media.

I definitely like the new Star Trek movie and can't wait for the next to come out.

I went back and started to watch some of the older shows because of this game. Thought I haven't watched any of the original series...way too old of a tv show for me to get into.

Star Trek Voyager is my favorite of the shows.
Ensign
# 13
01-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
Nope its not my first. Only reason I play this game is because its the LAST of my Star Trek.

That Abrams crap is an okay Sci-Fi movie but its not my Star Trek.
Absolutely this. For all of its flaws, I feel like its the best 'Trek' I can get my hands onto right now. I just can't get into Trek 90210.
Captain
# 14
01-05-2013, 01:49 AM
The sad thing is that kids will now be raised on the new Star Trek movies. They are nice movies, but they are not STAR TREK.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The sad thing is that kids will now be raised on the new Star Trek movies. They are nice movies, but they are not STAR TREK.
It's all star trek to me.

Just because it's not exactly the same as old tv shows doesn't make it "not star trek".

What's sad...is the inability to accept change.

God forbid we get something updated and more modernized than tv shows that date before the year 2000.
Captain
# 16
01-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzout View Post
If I go see the next Star Trek movie and I see a single lock box floating in space or enemies with one-shot invisitorps from hell I'm going to be seriously pissed.
Well R2D2 was in the last movie so you never know lol
I started watching Trek with TNG and after watching the full series I noticed a pattern in the series
Troi is by far the most useless telepath in the history of Sci Fi. "I sense strong feelings" Yeah but what we want to know is what there intentions are. Her mother would have been more useful but just as annoying.

Data for the only android ever made became void upon discovering Lore, then his mother and then finally B4 and for someone who tended to have no relations they seemed to pop up a lot.

Holodeck malfunctions: In about every season there maybe 1 or 2 episodes where it is a holodeck issue "The Long Goodnight" (I think thats the name) Fistful of Datas and many more and for something that has safeties for health and safety they can be turned off for to easy.

Wesley Crusher: The reason I hate the first few seasons of the show how on earth could a child pilot a starship even if he was supposed to be a child prodigy it was probably to make more teens watch it but it backfired and Picard should have fired Wesley into the heart of a star.

Will Riker: Supposebly the Kirk of TNG but was completley rubbish until he grew a beard. (Same for Sisko but he went bald when he became good)

DS9 reminded me to much of Babylon 5 so was not really appealing to me in the first few seasons but missed a lot after season 3 so needed to rewatch this.

VOY: Why was this ever allowed to air. The woman with the annoying voice and hyperactive Talaxian the only decent thing was the EMH and Seven of Nine

ENT: Just have a few more episodes to watch of the final series but for someone who hated this when it first started I have grown to like it. however the poor writing cannot really be overlooked but the Xindi story arc was good.

TOS: Season 2 is the best but all through the seasons you see the friend dynamic of Spock Kirk and Mccoy that transfers into the movies hopefully the new Kirk Spock and Mccoy can keep this going in the new films

Last edited by robeasom; 01-05-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Captain
# 17
01-05-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgadley View Post
It's all star trek to me.

Just because it's not exactly the same as old tv shows doesn't make it "not star trek".

What's sad...is the inability to accept change.

God forbid we get something updated and more modernized than tv shows that date before the year 2000.
Nah whats sad is that they try and fix something that wasn't broken. All they had to do was do another ship or another Enterprise possibly in the future and that would have done me. However a alternate prequel while the movie was not bad it was no First Contact or Wrath of Khan and more like Star Trek The Voyage Home watchable but not something to get excited about