Empire Veteran
# 11
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
you can get the Holy Avenger +5 but you need to kill the Dragon of Twinkles.
Captain
# 12
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Phased Tetryon weapons at Mk XII sell very cheaply on the exchange.
Career Officer
# 13
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Phased Tetryon weapons at Mk XII sell very cheaply on the exchange.
They are cheap for a reason. You are basically trading a modifier for a proc.
# 14
01-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
They are cheap for a reason. You are basically trading a modifier for a proc.
I will stay away from tets - shield strippings good but hull dmg is not.

Its Disruptor or Phaser.
Captain
# 15
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I have sets of fleet phaser DHC [Dmg] x3 [Acc] and turrets, [Acc]x3 set, [Borg] weapon set, and recently just got a set of Mk XII [CrtH]x3 phaser DHC and turrets. THe [CrtH]x3 weapons are doing the best for me in STFs out of all those weapons and were only 1-2 mil each. [Acc] is not really useful in pve except against fighters. CritH and CritD tend to work best in pve, especially for tacs and characters with lots of points in energy or projectile weapon specilization. Maybe the Fleet weapons could be better for non tacs or characters not specced into critting as then the Dmg mod might be more useful then crit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
What about the Spiral Wave Disruptors? Or other hybrid weapons?
As mentioned earlier Phased Tetryon weapons are cheap, though the reason they're cheap won't matter if you're not especially hardcore about maximum optimization. If you just want to carry your weight and don't have Rep or Fleet gear available to you, they're perfectly adequate.

You can also try running the "2800" feature episode series a few times to collect Jem'Hadar Phased Polaron Weapons (now called Dominion Polarons I think). Polarons are popular in PVP and Dommie Polarons have a phaser proc for even more subsystem-killing goodness.

Polarized Disruptors are by far the most popular of the hybrid weapons (since you can't get Spiral Wave weapons without lucking out with or splurging on a Galor), since they combine the two most useful procs in the game: Polaron Power Drain and Disruptor Resistance Debuff (the Antiproton boost to crit severit doesn't count as a proc). AND since they're basically Disruptor weapons, you can use normal disruptors to fill out your setup and not suffer a power penalty.

PD's are appropriately expensive, but are cheaper than most other purple Mk XII weapons with the PVP-favored modifiers.
Rihannsu
# 17
01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Its Disruptor or Phaser.
It's very good when combined with torps. Burn shields with beams, then crack the hull with torps.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
01-05-2013, 03:04 AM
To me they are all the same other than what dmg type it does and any bonuses to crits, base dmg or accuracy. Hybrids or not most have the same old crappy 2.5% to inflict some special debuff with very little time of effectiveness. That's why lots of people say pick your color and sound because the difference between them is so small.
Captain
# 19
01-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Its Disruptor or Phaser.
Phased Tetryons basically *are* Phasers if you accept that you're trading in a standard [mod] for an extra [proc] which gives about double the extra DPS against shields as a [DAM] mod. *Plus* the energy type is technically Tetryons so your tactical consoles are significantly cheaper on the Exchange!