Empire Veteran
# 1 Wow, I had forgotten that.....
01-05-2013, 07:19 AM
......even in a future set in the highly technical and scientifically advanced age of Star Trek no one has solved combats need for technological intergration of seperate systems to work as a whole towards a purpose on the individual soldier.

We still have Sets of different Mark values not fulfilling the set ability prerequisite to open set powers?

Thats sad, in my opinion, given its season 7 moving boldy towards season 8 and beyond and this is still a setback.

I personally think it would be nice to use my Mk11 KHGBA and Mk10 KHGRifle to thier fullest cobined scope in that they help open Adrenal Boost and Blood of the Warrior regardless of thier unmatching Mark levels.

Thank you for your time,

Roach
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Super Moderator
# 2
01-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
......even in a future set in the highly technical and scientifically advanced age of Star Trek no one has solved combats need for technological intergration of seperate systems to work as a whole towards a purpose on the individual soldier.

You do realize this is a game and not real life right? Sets are a normal thing in MMO's now a days and are almost always needing the FULL exact level set to get the bonus.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
You do realize this is a game and not real life right? Sets are a normal thing in MMO's now a days and are almost always needing the FULL exact level set to get the bonus.
Granted the Mk10s are easy enough to get so its an over reaction on my part but yet, I still do not understand why.
I still think it would be great if the Items themselves,regardless of mark range, could open the abilites alone.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 4
01-05-2013, 08:53 AM
It makes sense. So it'll never happen
Career Officer
# 5
01-05-2013, 09:10 AM
I think it makes sense the way it is.
Career Officer
# 6
01-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Backwards compatibility is for chumps! Still, could be worse. Just wait till Apple buys Cryptic and releases a new tier every 6 months, mk XIII, mk XIV, mk XV, all with mk XII stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
It's a good thing you said almost, there, cause the most successful example out there (that which gives the forum sensor the runs - oh, you thought those were asterisks?), which some might consider a smart move to borrow one or two ideas from, does have previous tiers of the same set working together. Not that I can name that many examples of MMOs that have duplicate item sets, anyway.

Now I don't know for certain if there's a difference at all between the mk XII set bonus and the mk XI set bonus, but even if there is, why couldn't the set bonus just match the values for the lowest tier component equipped? What's the objection?

Simple! We really, really, really want you to feel the pressure to grind out those other two items right freaking now! Never (NEVER!) underestimate how badly we want you to feel like this is all some horrible chore you have to complete, not in a month, not next week, but today. Now! Move it, maggots! That dilithium doesn't spend itself!

Yet.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 01-05-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Captain
# 7
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Counter suggestion:
Change the set abilities between Mks, not just the extent of the special ability, but the nature of it as well-so that, say, MkX 3P grants one ability, MkXI grants a different ability, and so on, thus giving players a REASON to open the projects below MkXII.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
# 8
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
At the very least the weapon from ANY mark set should be counted towards any Mark sets abilities.