Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
Because of Season 7's excessive grinding and the Winter Event, I have really had no time to work on my Foundry mission. But when I finally find the time to work on it, I find that over one year's of hard work has been flushed down the toilet!


  • NPCs falling through the floors.
  • BOFFs warping to unknown locations.
  • UI's not working.
  • Doors Disappearing.
  • Scripts no longer working.
I can understand they been on holiday vacation, but I recall these problems shortly after Season 7 went live. So why does Cryptic hype up the Foundry so much and take so little care of fixing these problems?

Or am I forced to have to scrap the project I been working on since the Foundry's Launch and start completely over?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,054
# 2
01-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
So why does Cryptic hype up the Foundry so much and take so little care of fixing these problems?
This is a good question for an Ask Cryptic. It's not just bug fixes. There is a lack of content. Dstahl will boldly say that the Foundry has some of the game's best content, but when it comes to assigning priorities for new season content, the Foundry seems to be about as high as PVP or the KDF.

Every season the bugs are getting worse, to the point that each new feature, such as the copy/paste tool and patrols, are just really buggy. And to top it off, the patrols run instead of walking.

Last edited by kirksplat; 01-05-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 845
# 3
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Every season the bugs are getting worse, to the point that each new feature, such as the copy/paste tool and patrols, are just really buggy. And to top it off, the patrols run instead of walking.
You should be able to set the speed of the patrols. If they are going slowly enough they will have the walk animation. If you set them to the max speed they are like the T1000 from Terminator, or maybe Flash Gordon is more accurate.


Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,054
# 4
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
You should be able to set the speed of the patrols. If they are going slowly enough they will have the walk animation. If you set them to the max speed they are like the T1000 from Terminator, or maybe Flash Gordon is more accurate.
I set them to as low as 4 and they run very, very slowly, almost like they're running in place.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 5
01-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
This is a good question for an Ask Cryptic. It's not just bug fixes. There is a lack of content. Dstahl will boldly say that the Foundry has some of the game's best content, but when it comes to assigning priorities for new season content, the Foundry seems to be about as high as PVP or the KDF.

Every season the bugs are getting worse, to the point that each new feature, such as the copy/paste tool and patrols, are just really buggy. And to top it off, the patrols run instead of walking.
This is a definite and I will ask this.

Because if they are going to focus Neverwinter around this tool, if it's not working here, then Neverwinter is going to be a major disaster.


And right now, they need to fix these bugs, because I can't have the story I want, because I have to work around these bugs. And having to fix the entire process with every Season. I'm still working out the bugs on one map from Season 5, having to rebuild it from scratch. And with a custom map and little free time, thats a tall order.

If PW is letting Cryptic hire more people, they better hire more people for the STO Foundry team.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.