Career Officer
# 1 Those Last Tokens
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the re-species and re-skill tokens. You're seven seasons into the game, don't you think it's about time these were provided Cryptic? There is always talk about this from time to time, yet nothing ever gets done about it.

The only possible reason I can think of for you postponing is that (in your view) if people want to change species, skill or traits then they can simply buy a character unlock token and create a new (or two) character. That's great, but I bet most of those people would be doing so only for dilithium grinding (you know, that resource that you've supposedly made easier to acquire, though price everything heavy with).

The truth is, most of us, like you guys, have real lives, of which includes actual jobs. We haven't got the time to create, organize, and level up a 3rd, 4th and 5th (ect) character, only to then be expected to grind marks for the Romulan and Omega Reputation projects. No. You'll probably find most players have their main characters, and everything that is done on alternates goes straight to them.

Regardless of which, I respectfully think it's time we actually had those re-species and re-skill tokens. 500zen? 750zen? 1000zen? That's your call, but make it possible for those people who really want to keep their stats, ships and skill points whilst at the same time have changed their play style or choice of favorite species to do so.

Thank You for reading.
Career Officer
# 2
01-05-2013, 06:52 AM
...apparently I am the only one that desires these?
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
well i've seen this brought up in many threads and the odd 'ask cryptic' if memory serves..

the response i remember seeing, is that at the moment if they tried to retrait, it could cause lots of errors/confusion ingame, wrong traits being active, messing up formula, messing up gameplay

Of course there are loads of us wanting a retrait/respecies even regender, but its a matter of patience
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 4
01-05-2013, 08:13 AM
In Ask Cryptic last month, DStahl stated that the trait system is being completely reworked for season 8 and it may negate the need for such tokens to exist but they wont know until they get closer to the goal.

Personally I wouldn't ever use one either way. I have 9 toons in total and each of them is different and I like them the way they are. I don't just have them for Dil farming either, I have been playing for three years now and have collected them over that time to try out different traits, ships etc.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Changing species is biologically unlikely
Changing gender is also unlikely

Both of these would be Treated in sick bay
Captain
# 6
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Changing species is biologically unlikely
Changing gender is also unlikely

Both of these would be Treated in sick bay
Would that mean we should be allowed (cant think of the proper name atm >.>') sickbay operations to give the effect of a different species?

e.g. when subterfuge requires prostetic ears or ridges
Derma- something?
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Thats an appearance change (Dermalplastcine I believe)

it does not change your species

changing profession should be possible

for example from tactical to Engineering
or from tactical to science