Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
01-04-2013, 07:33 AM
If you have a limited time to play like I sometimes you may want to employ a strategy like mine. Right now I have a route that I follow to hit off a few major things I want to do if I only have 60-90 minutes to play. Usually I begin and end my play at Sol/ESD/SFA. Since I am doing colonial chains I head out there first(currently doing Arcanis) pick up a mission or two along the way. Then Tau Dewa to get my marks, make my way to Eta Eradani to do a few dil missions, off to Orellius for the same, then back towards Sirius/ESD picking up missions along the way usually ending up back at the security officer in ESD to turn in contraband. A lot of it is dumb luck and you end up online when so so doffs are up.

I too would like to see more assignment chains though. That seems like easy content to create -- would be especially nice to see some in Tau Dewa. Personally I'd like to see some more chains there for my bartender and chef. I have a bank account full of Klingon food that I bought too much of and don't have much of a need for anymore.
Career Officer
# 12
01-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I would like to see Doff missions mixed with pve missions

Doff team is captured, Go to planet X and rescue them

Doff team is exposed and running from the bad guys calling for help !

Doff team gets involved in local dispute and requires reinforcements of other doffs

Doff team finds Alien technology requires the ship to come and extract it,many possibilitys here

First contact ! many possibilitys
Great suggestions. Exactly how I wanted the DOFF feature to work.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 13
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM

So you want to be lazy and not have to look as hard for DOff missions? Am I reading this right?

You should spend at least 20 minutes (give or take, depending on load times) looking for DOff missions every time you log on. If you have a Borg or MACO engine, that should only be 15. However, like I have said in so many threads, if you can't be bothered with the required effort, you aren't deserving of the rewards.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I would personally love an extremely robust Mol'Rihan theme of doff missions, in the same way there was a robust set of Gamma Quadrant doff missions when the last FE came out. With most of the core missions taking place in Tau Dewa, Psi Velorum, Alpha Centauri, and Iota Pavonis.

In addition, there would be other 'general' Romulan-themed doff missions. I personally love running 'Track Romulan/Reman Fleet Movements' in Tau Dewa, and the Haggle for Romulan Ale mission at the fleet embassy.

But I think a lot of us doff enthusiasts would love a massive Romulan theme set of doff missions to go hand-in-hand with the release of Season 7 and the opening of Mol'Rihan.

Not to mention some doff chain missions, with the end rewards being unique romulan/reman duty officers (like Gul Tain in the Gamma Quadrant chain mission), repeatable rewards like Romulan foods, or even Romulan Marks.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Commander
# 15
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
15 to 20 minutes would be fine. I don't like spending 45 minutes to an hour to find good missions
Captain
# 16
01-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyshark View Post
15 to 20 minutes would be fine. I don't like spending 45 minutes to an hour to find good missions
I only spend 15-20 minutes TOPS looking for missions. And I usually go from 0 to 20 in the space of that time. I am not sure what you're doing wrong, or what you are doing that I'm not, and vice versa, but I know a number of people that do the exact same thing. They log on, wander for 15 minutes, and then they have maxed DOffs, and we get going.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Commander
# 17
01-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Probably what you consider a good mission
Captain
# 18
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Probably what you consider a good mission
I consider a good mission one that does at least one of the following:

1) Gives a good amount (400 minimum) of X cxp.
2) Gives contraband or something else useful as loot.
3) Gives at least 300 dilithium (mostly applies to KDF).
4) Gives a good DOff/Boff or fleet marks as a reward.
5) Gives at least 200 Colonial/Recruitment cxp (preferably more, everyone who does DOffs knows those are the biggest pains to get in large amounts cheaply).
6) Does one of those 5 and has none or Low as the casualty risk. (just makes it very preferable)
7) Does one of the above and doesn't take more than 20 hours. (makes it preferable, even though there are long ones that are very much worth it, like "Instigate Defection" and "Establish Long Distance Trade Routes")

And there are also a lot of good filler DOff missions, like recruitment missions from Klingon and Starfleet Academy, Fleet Mark missions from your Starbase, things like that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Yes, I would like to see more!
Indeed Lots More !Seeing the sameones alot on alts ugh! make enough to really mix it up
would also like to know the why on some of em * Security failed to check random guy and he did something* I think you get it
Captain
# 20
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
I agree that some sectors could see some love where doffing is concerned. Especially Tau Dewa and Deferi could use some work, as they're a barren doff wasteland. At least the other Romulan sectors have Fed asylum missions as well as "Support" clusters.

Tau Dewa being so boring and uncreative Doff-wise was probably my biggest dissappointment when S7 was released. Lots of wasted potential.