Rihannsu
# 11
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Interesting... I asume you chose KDF for this? The number of members seems quite high...how many exactly?
i don't really know, but the majority is playing FED. There is a fleet channel ingame, and we do stuff together..

The KDF part is smaller , but alive.

As said there arepeople which are not active now, because they got bored, but will return after Romulan launch.

Feel free to register and ask in the forum

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 12
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
If the Romulan Faction belong to the Romulan Star Empire or whatever rises out of the current Romulan mess, then I don't see how the Romulan Reputation will change that much. The rewards might need to be reworked or add new variations. For example, weapons from the Romulan faction could be changed in some way instead of being Plasma Disruptors. New types of fighters could be added so they are currently using something other than scorpion fighters. Some dialogue might need to be changed.
Rihannsu
# 13
01-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i don't really know, but the majority is playing FED. There is a fleet channel ingame, and we do stuff together..

The KDF part is smaller , but alive.

As said there arepeople which are not active now, because they got bored, but will return after Romulan launch.

Feel free to register and ask in the forum
Doesn't sound very promising, honestly... I mean, a Romulan fleet will have cloakable ships, and the closest to that we curently have are the various KDF ships. If you people can mostly not be bothered to play a faction that is at least closer in space gameplay than the feds... then it does not give me much hope that the same people will suddenly put a lot of effort into a Romulan fleet and starbase?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 14
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If the Romulan Faction belong to the Romulan Star Empire or whatever rises out of the current Romulan mess, then I don't see how the Romulan Reputation will change that much. The rewards might need to be reworked or add new variations. For example, weapons from the Romulan faction could be changed in some way instead of being Plasma Disruptors. New types of fighters could be added so they are currently using something other than scorpion fighters. Some dialogue might need to be changed.
I would even say that the rewards could be completely the same, with only the dialogues for the missions to earn Romulan marks changed slightly. "Standard" Romulan fighters would just be not Scorpions, but different ones, just like weapons and such.

I believe that New Romulus is intentionally set up so that everything works for a new Romulan faction just as well as for the KDF and Starfleet, and I see this as a promising sign that we'll get a Romulan faction based on D'Tan's efforts soon. ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rihannsu
# 15
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Doesn't sound very promising, honestly... I mean, a Romulan fleet will have cloakable ships, and the closest to that we curently have are the various KDF ships. If you people can mostly not be bothered to play a faction that is at least closer in space gameplay than the feds... then it does not give me much hope that the same people will suddenly put a lot of effort into a Romulan fleet and starbase?
there ARE people on the KDF side it's like 2:1

look, i don't know, i am just a new member there and i like the people, they are nice, we have a good chat about everything Romulan related and the weather, there are some BIG fans among them..

why do they play FED? i honestly don't understand it too perhaps cause of vulcans, and also, many of them are here from the launch, so perhaps they got burned when they created a KDF toon back then?

WHEN the Romulan faction is released, i think we should organize here in the Forums and form a big fleet which will progress fast.

and i really believe they will build the starbase once Romulans are launched. It is hard for a big fan to build something not related to your fandom and you know you will be abandoning at some point.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 16
01-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, in any case, it shows that there are already some Romulans out there who are organized, which is a good thing. They might be the basis for a big Romulan fleet then... maybe.

But I have the impression that we'll need even more people for a Romulan fleet that can actually grind to T5 without people having to do nothing but play for the starbase...