Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,169
# 361
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
Even premade v premade I've found people can live through the quad DHC setup because at the end of the day the damage is still coming in piecemeal. It's much harder for a healer to have the Twitch necessary to help someone survive 3 6k Torpedoes (average damage. Realistically one of those is going to crit for 15k or more if they are fired properly).
Ive found this to be the case too now, especially with extra passives and all my crits working against me. my 4 DHC setups are currently parked, and im ether HY omega torp bombing or BO3ing. to many times now ive almost killed folks with 4 DHCs, just to not quite finish them off. if i had had ether a torp or beam closer it would have made a difference and gotten a kill
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 41
# 362 ...
01-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Heavy Destroyer Chimera/Peghqu'

sci LTC


4 DHC, 3 turrets

TT1, CSV1, APO1, CRF3
TT1,


EPtA1, EPtS2

TB1, TSS2, TSS3
HE1, HE2



equipment

borg deflector
borg engine
maco/khg shield

consoles

2 turn, Dynamic Tactical System

temporal crit console, borg

4 energy type damage consoles

doffs

2 damage control doffs, 3 BFI doffs


having trouble surviving in the vet ships? this is a monster tank, and can be a monster team healer as well. cycling TSS3 and 2 with HE2 and 1 make this ship incredibly good at out healing damage wile giving plenty, i would go so far as to say that this is the most durable escort with this build. it has weaknesses in its defense, only 1 omega so tractors will be trouble, no RSP i live button, and its turn rate is inferior. but the helpfulness of those very strong sci heals to yourself, and your allies is extreamly valuable. i have saved several from the brink thanks to a HE2, TSS3, and TT combo, and im in an escort, not a sci ship.

if you don't think you need to double up on those 2 heals, i would suggest PH for tractor defense and TBR1. alpha striking someone wile they are being pushed in front of you puts them out of range of their team's heals and holds them in place for as long as your alpha strike will last, very nasty combo.

with my aux set at 25, EPtA1, and leach/maco my aux is usually just over 90, those heals will be very strong as a result.

So, is a build like this viable for an engineer captain? I flew a cruiser for a long long time and would really like to fly something different for a while, but I don't want to play an ineffective role either.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,169
# 363
01-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikkedjr View Post
So, is a build like this viable for an engineer captain? I flew a cruiser for a long long time and would really like to fly something different for a while, but I don't want to play an ineffective role either.
noticed you pm'ed me yesterday, didnt have time to answer then and had forgotten about it by today. sorry about that. best to answer here anyway i think. seeing CRF3 and APO1 on my build reminds me that i really need to go back and update a few things, and include rep reward recommendations on some.

ya, that might be fun for an eng to mess with. this ship can not tank like a cruiser though, its a pretty fragile escort and not a sturdy healing platform, but its diverse station setup lets you try. in a disorganized pug match, an eng in that will likely be more helpful then any cruiser that no one is smart enough to stick close too. the poor engineer is sorta good for nothing these days, a sci captain can do its job and bring more valuable debuffs with him, and a tac can deal lots of damage of course.

if you have an eng captain and the vet ship, give this a spin, it was extreamly hard to kill when i flew it, for a vet ship, and proboly had the best survivability of any ship i took into an stf.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 41
# 364
01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
noticed you pm'ed me yesterday, didnt have time to answer then and had forgotten about it by today. sorry about that. best to answer here anyway i think. seeing CRF3 and APO1 on my build reminds me that i really need to go back and update a few things, and include rep reward recommendations on some.

ya, that might be fun for an eng to mess with. this ship can not tank like a cruiser though, its a pretty fragile escort and not a sturdy healing platform, but its diverse station setup lets you try. in a disorganized pug match, an eng in that will likely be more helpful then any cruiser that no one is smart enough to stick close too. the poor engineer is sorta good for nothing these days, a sci captain can do its job and bring more valuable debuffs with him, and a tac can deal lots of damage of course.

if you have an eng captain and the vet ship, give this a spin, it was extreamly hard to kill when i flew it, for a vet ship, and proboly had the best survivability of any ship i took into an stf.
No problem! Thanks for the reply though.

One more question...if I don't have access to a temporal console, what would you throw in as a filler?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,169
# 365
01-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikkedjr View Post
No problem! Thanks for the reply though.

One more question...if I don't have access to a temporal console, what would you throw in as a filler?
you could move the universal consoles around, and slot shield heal helping consoles, hull heal helping consoles, shield hitpoint consoles, or armor consoles. anything you feel like. the rom rep zero point console too maybe.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 560
# 366
01-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I spent the last few days going over the Hilbert Guide along with the hundreds of recommendations and RESPEC Skill Builder examples with medals awarded. I have to say it was worth the time and effort. My builds are much more solid now as is the destructive powers of weapons being used! Didn't know where to write this but I wanted to thank everybody for their advice, suggestions and help.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,169
# 367
01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I spent the last few days going over the Hilbert Guide along with the hundreds of recommendations and RESPEC Skill Builder examples with medals awarded. I have to say it was worth the time and effort. My builds are much more solid now as is the destructive powers of weapons being used! Didn't know where to write this but I wanted to thank everybody for their advice, suggestions and help.
im glad i am able to help and distribute helpful information, we all are. the more competent the average pvp'er is, the more fun we all have
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
# 368
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I scored my MK12 weapons, and Attack Pattern doffs for the AE.

Sweet Jesus this thing is OP now.

Beyond the pale.

Can't wait to see what happens when I progress into the Azn Rep Farmgrind.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 369
01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
I scored my MK12 weapons, and Attack Pattern doffs for the AE.

Sweet Jesus this thing is OP now.

Beyond the pale.

Can't wait to see what happens when I progress into the Azn Rep Farmgrind.
I haven't bothered w/most fleet gear yet, but you'll probably want to look @ the hyper engine options if you haven't yet. Not sure there's anything better than the Omega Defletor for escorts since I haven't looked @ Fleet deflectors yet, but wouldn't be surprised.

Nothing sucks more for a hit and run playstyle (which I prefer to run) than have lacking engines. I'm trying to wait out for elite engines myself and hold on w/the Omega MKXIIs. I'll probably keep the Omega shields though for their proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
# 370
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Well the biggy is the console from the embassy set.

But the Passives.... +3 critch chance? yes please!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.