Survivor of Romulus
# 11
01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Out of my 6 level 50 characters, I have one that is Tier 1 Rep with the Romulan and Omega. That is where i stopped enjoying the timegate they created.

Luckily, with the old loot system, I was able to aquire all the borg and Maco MK XII stuff because I put my time into the STF grind and I was awared for it. I did not have to pay DIL or XP or hypos lol. I took my salvage, and went to the vendor when i was lucky enough to get the drop.

As for the Adapted MACO, it is just the klingon honor guard set with a different name...no thanks, they can keep it.

A good idea and a fair solution for everyone would have been to take these new Omega Marks and create a vendor that would accept those in return for gear...not this rep system/dil/time sink garbage. Get so many marks, turn them in for a piece of gear that you earned with your time.

And finally, for the Romulan space set I hear about...Its an exact copy of the Reman set, with a different color on your hull and same set powers. Wow PWE, nice one!
Commander
# 12
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
i think the one thing i hate is how much EACH store weapon is....freaking 20,540 dilth is nuts.....i understand the dilth for UNIQUE items....but not these weapons....i would rather spend marks to get the weapons than dilth which is needed in everything else in this game -.-
Well I can kind of understand that particular aspect, otherwise it'd be too easy to get high level gear if you only required marks alone. Better would be a cheaper price in dilithium plus marks, and without the need to unlock the store items first. This way you're getting good items that are subsidised by your actions for that faction.

However, the romulan missions could really do with a dilithium reward from the missions; compare to the elite task force omega PvE missions and you can easily max out your dilithium and earn a few hundred Omega Marks to boot by only doing a handful of the missions. Sure they're a bit longer overall than the Romulan missions, but the rewards are just so much better.
Commander
# 13
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Speaking of the store; is there a good list of items and what they cost within the store? I know that to unlock dual cannons I need 90 marks and various flotsam, but I'm already grinding away to try and meet the lofty 500 mark requirement for the zero-point conduit; I don't mind that it's costly for such a good item, but I queued it too soon and now it's stuck until I can get the damned thing!

But yeah, since I'm switching to plasma weapons the Romulan ones seem like a good option, at least until I get the fleet ones perhaps; it's just that I have absolutely no idea, as hiding items behind store unlocks just means we don't know what they do, or if they're worth the effort! Store unlocks sorely need to be automatic, with marks being a part of their cost instead.

There really is too big a disparity between earning Romulan and Omega Marks; I've done Azura Nebula rescue five times today, with three of those times yielding little besides Bird of Prey and Mogai rescues, meaning I barely earned 60 marks on top of the ones I got for the Tau Dewa patrol. Meanwhile I did four Task Force Omega Elite missions and earned well 300 marks and nearly 4,000 dilithium! Not to mention the loot drops from the Romulan missions are pathetic; mostly just flotsam to sell at the store, very rarely anything worth putting on the exchange. Even worse is facing so many damn Tholians; they're nice as a change of pace from other enemies, but they're easily one of the most annoying with all the subsystem disabling and damn web walls I can't always seem to target properly! They're no more fun to face on the ground either. I know I could do the Vault ensnared mission instead but it's not much better for earning marks; the optional objectives are a lot of work for hardly any additional reward, and the mission takes longer overall.

Last edited by haravikk; 01-05-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Captain
# 14
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
For Rommie marks: EPOHH FARMING. In 4 days you can get 400 marks. And if you keep up a constant chain you can literally do this EVERY DAY. So after 4 days, you get 400 marks ever day. As long as you keep on epohh tagging.

And with the winter wonderland event, you can get 100-200 marks every day after an initial 3 days. I'd say that's nice, wouldn't you? So that takes 20 minutes of your time (winter wonderland + epohh tagging), then do the tau dewa. If you're not interested in drops, do acamar 7 times on normal (20 minutes tops), and blam, 60 more marks. IMO, 560 marks a day is quite a nice haul, wouldn't you agree?

Also, for the epohh tagging, try to find another person to do it with you. That way you'll get maxed epohh tags dropped (unless you can somehow solo tag 30 of those little ******s in the time allotted).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 15
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
You can't get 400 Marks every day through Epohh Farming. The minimum it takes is 5 days. 2 days minimum to get 5 epohh research and 3 days to raise the pup to elder. Although chances are that it will take 5 days to get 5 epohh research for most people due to them not having the right duty officer. I think its about 25% to 33% chance to get 3 epohh research each day with a good enough duty officer, but there will be more days were you get 1 epohh research compared to getting 3 epohh research. It is possible to have 2 epohhs being raised at the same time, but that means you are lucky with the RNG.

For winter epohhs, it is entirely possible to have 100 to 200 Romulan Marks each day since you are not relying on crits to purchase epohh pups.
Commander
# 16
01-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
For Rommie marks: EPOHH FARMING. In 4 days you can get 400 marks. And if you keep up a constant chain you can literally do this EVERY DAY. So after 4 days, you get 400 marks ever day. As long as you keep on epohh tagging.
Okay so I stand corrected; in that case the problem is that Romulan marks can't be earned reliably enough from space combat, which is the only reason I play STO in the first place

I dunno, I didn't get my character to the rank of Vice Admiral to see them running around catching little bunny... things. If I wanted to do that I'd play a Pok?mon game; the big appeal of STO for me has always been space combat, as running around doing menial work on the ground has been the main reason for me quitting other MMO's as soon as the trial period runs out (if not sooner). Maybe that's just my problem, but grinding of romulan marks in space is pathetic, and while I don't mind visiting New Romulus now and then, I don't want to grind marks there.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

things that are odd:

#2 complaint: it is a silly activity that would in any mmo at best be a tutorial exercise, but in Star Trek Online it is "Endgame Content". So in the tutorial i shoot Borg and then Klingons, but at Endgame i run in circles pressing F tagging rabbit thingies... i think the Game Designers of STO got their gameplay experience reversed a bit here? Or maybe i'm just not the Target audience for this specific quest.

things i do NOT like:

- i do not like that all the Reputation XP projects are the exact same, there is no Gameplay consideration to earning these XP, it is just a 3 types of currency sinks, Marks, eXPertise, and EC.

- i do not like that Hypos are one of the things i have to slot, it messes around with my powertray,

my next Logitech G700 is better be paid for by dStahl he already broke 2 of them by this mouse clicking madness.

It is annoying like hell, it requires a crazy amount of inventory / bank slots, you can't even buy them in mass and bank a few stacks because even with maximum Bank slots purchased it still fills up everything.

next point:

And the Dev's don't learn, they keep doing it over and over again, everytime new content is introduces they add some obsolete new currency to it to make us play it.
Newsflash: we want to play new content because it's NEW and FUN, not because some Number on a screen tells us to do 3 more to get X !

- There should be a cancel button!
i can cancel DOff Assignments and get my items back, the same should be possible for the Reputation System, probably could use the same code with a few adaptations.

Final Word:

The reputation system is BORING.

I had hoped for something FUN, i don't know, a list of Accolades/Achievemts/mission Goals to reach to get the XP instead of this simplistic currency grind might have been fun.

I don't care how time intensive or hard to achieve it is as long as it's FUN (just nothing impossible please.)
You're absolutely right!

Tag eppoh is annoying, the reputation system is boring and there is no end game content.

The devs do not know to create end game content, then they create silly mini games and then attached new items and rewards. This is the formula for the new season!
Captain
# 18
01-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
You're absolutely right!

Tag eppoh is annoying, the reputation system is boring and there is no end game content.

The devs do not know to create end game content, then they create silly mini games and then attached new items and rewards. This is the formula for the new season!
No end game content. So what are STFs? What is the story on New Romulus? Obviously they don't count.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
No end game content. So what are STFs? What is the story on New Romulus? Obviously they don't count.
When STFs was implemented? Season 5? Now we go to season 8 and you think that 4 or 5 Cutscenes are story ?

Sorry I have played best MMOs before. Sto was good, now is not. If PWE want more money they need do better than mini games.

I only play because foundry has amazing missions.
Republic Veteran
# 20
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
i think the one thing i hate is how much EACH store weapon is....freaking 20,540 dilth is nuts.....i understand the dilth for UNIQUE items....but not these weapons....i would rather spend marks to get the weapons than dilth which is needed in everything else in this game -.-

yes marks are a bit of a grind to get...but at least we arent locked down to a daily amount like dilth is.....
But the reputation gear should be seen as your endgame gear, the be-all and end-all (even if the stats tell another story). It should be suitably expensive and hard to get, along the same lines as requiring near a hundred million EC in order to get your purple Mk XII equipment and weapons the exchange, or the relentless grind of children's toys to get the consoles you need.