Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,744
# 11
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Since I usually carry an ET for VM counter, it generally doesn't matter when it gets to those rediculously high numbers.
Yeah, I'm a healer mostly, so I can handle it. But it sure sucks if you're pugging as an Escort or so.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 12
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm more worried about the cloak, a guy used it against me when I had sensor scan and him tagged with beta (under 5km away) and he just disappeared completely. The romulan "perfect" cloak -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,487
# 13
01-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I'm more worried about the cloak, a guy used it against me when I had sensor scan and him tagged with beta (under 5km away) and he just disappeared completely. The romulan "perfect" cloak -_-
it's got a 3 second activation timer (iirc) so only really 5 sec of cloak 1x/ten minutes. I'm more worried about what MEF would be like constantly rolled and every 2 minutes rolled while Sci boosted.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,161
# 14
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
To the best of my knowledge skills do not have a diminishing return effect so it should be easy to extrapolate all the math if you want to.

Be alot faster than testing something every 10 minutes or so.

0 skill, 0 aux modifier
Rank 1: 5
Rank 2: 7

So base duration is 5 seconds, +2 seconds per rank.

84 skill gives 7.1 duration. So that means it is a .5 skill modifier.

Viral Matrix Formula

3 + (rank * 2) = base
(skill value * .5) /100 = skill multiplier

base * skill multiplier = duration (remember to add a '1' to the skill mod)

So Viral Matrix 3 with 225 skill would be
3 + 6 = 9
2.25 * .5 = 1.125
9 * 2.125 = 19.1 duration like you got.

Special Notes
- Skill mods are typically .5, .25, or .33
- Aux modifier multiplies just like skill modifier when applicable and varies in strength
- 99 skill is really 99.9 from putting in 9 points

This math lesson has been brought to you by me being tired. Oh and the vast majority of heal abilities use a .5 skill modifier.

Last edited by bareel; 01-05-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 15
01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Did you try slotting no boffs in a station, then reslotting a boff? I found I needed to do this for some stations.
There are NO stations.. All that is there is the Ground Stations. No Ship stations at all. And it only effects my Chimera and my Orb. None of my other ships are effected. And while I probably could use those ships to test a power or two, it won't help to test the builds I'll want to use on my Chimera or Orb when I can't slot Boff powers in them >.<
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,161
# 16
01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Just tell me the skill in question and I'll do the math to let you know what the value would be if I have time. Provided its not a special console or the like that I don't have.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,952
# 17
01-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Definitely not! I've been hit with Grav Pulses that last for ~30 seconds.
grave pulse (red stun) is not the omega 3 part, graviton anchor (blue stun) is
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,487
# 18
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
To the best of my knowledge skills do not have a diminishing return effect so it should be easy to extrapolate all the math if you want to.

Be alot faster than testing something every 10 minutes or so.

0 skill, 0 aux modifier
Rank 1: 5
Rank 2: 7

So base duration is 5 seconds, +2 seconds per rank.

84 skill gives 7.1 duration. So that means it is a .5 skill modifier.

Viral Matrix Formula

3 + (rank * 2) = base
(skill value * .5) /100 = skill multiplier

base * skill multiplier = duration (remember to add a '1' to the skill mod)

So Viral Matrix 3 with 225 skill would be
3 + 6 = 9
2.25 * .5 = 1.125
9 * 2.125 = 19.1 duration like you got.

Special Notes
- Skill mods are typically .5, .25, or .33
- Aux modifier multiplies just like skill modifier when applicable and varies in strength
- 99 skill is really 99.9 from putting in 9 points

This math lesson has been brought to you by me being tired. Oh and the vast majority of heal abilities use a .5 skill modifier.
Thanks, and sorry for the late reply. I've been sick and didn't want to do any math.

Part of the testing is to make sure it's what it's supposed to be, which it seems it is. I've noticed some seemingly odd things in the past, so was attempting to make sure things felt right. This is particular of things outside the Boff tree, but still effected by Captain skill points.

I do have some questions:

Constant + (Rank*RankModifier) = Base

Just curious if the base is given for a rank why figure this out?

Also, "84 skill gives 7.1 duration. So that means it is a .5 skill modifier."

Tbh, I don't follow this @ all. 0.025 is what I get if divide 2.1 (the difference between the base and 7.1 points) by 84 points. Even multiplying by 100 doesn't give the .5 modifier. I'd have to multiply it by 200, not sure why.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,161
# 19
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Thanks, and sorry for the late reply. I've been sick and didn't want to do any math.

Part of the testing is to make sure it's what it's supposed to be, which it seems it is. I've noticed some seemingly odd things in the past, so was attempting to make sure things felt right. This is particular of things outside the Boff tree, but still effected by Captain skill points.

I do have some questions:

Constant + (Rank*RankModifier) = Base

Just curious if the base is given for a rank why figure this out?

Also, "84 skill gives 7.1 duration. So that means it is a .5 skill modifier."

Tbh, I don't follow this @ all. 0.025 is what I get if divide 2.1 (the difference between the base and 7.1 points) by 84 points. Even multiplying by 100 doesn't give the .5 modifier. I'd have to multiply it by 200, not sure why.
84 * .5 = 42
42/100 = .42
5 seconds * 1.42 = 7.1 second duration

Only reason I like to figure out the base is I dunno I just do.



------------

Transfer Shield Strength will be funny with this.

Rank 3 = 500 heal / 142 regen before mods
Skill mod is .5 so lets just say 225 skill for a 1.125
Aux mod is 1% per 1 power for a total .75 at full aux

500 * 2.125 * 1.75 = 1859 insta heal
142 * 2.125 * 1.75 = 528 per sec

Total Heal of 9779 per facing, not counting the resist effect. Even at a low AUX though with buff this will likely almost fully restore an escorts shields. Meh, not as funny as I thought it would have gotten.

Last edited by bareel; 01-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 20
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
One thing I'm curious about.. If you spec into Grav Generators, how does that effect Gravity Well's -Repel/Pull. Especially when your Aux goes up and down from Aux 2 Bat. It's one thing I'd love to test but am unable to since I have that weird bug going on with my character on tribble.

Also wondering exactly what is the best amount in Grav generators to have to make Grav Well the most effective while also not making tractor beam repulsors I and II push too far.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM.