Starfleet Veteran
# 131
11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
After they get canon ships like the Ambassador and New Orleans-class in-game, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the old concept art ships being made. Yes, even the odd looking "Excalibur" ship. Maybe even the version with the slightly angled upward warp pylons seen here.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Lieutenant
# 132 Yeager
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't think I have seen this one mentioned yet.

Yeager Class Light Cruiser. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._christies.jpg

I could see this one being a good Engineering/Tactical cross over ship. Maybe with a special weapons console like a dual beam bank with a wider firing arc. Due to the Voyager style saucer section.
Ensign
# 133 Why not...try this?
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I understand everyone in this game shares a certain attachment or love for one particular design or another of a ship. Heck we all do, it's what makes this game great, and continues to do so. So I propose this, and this honestly cannot be this difficult. With all that the C-Store has offered us in the past, present and soon to be future, why not allow us to purchase the parts of the ships we love the most, designed the way we love them the most. Example:

I fell in love with the Nebula Class ship from TNG the first day I saw it (with the triangular pod, not circular), but hated that it was not in the game for a long, long time. Once it came out, oh yeah, I ponied up the $$ and bought it. Played it to death. Was my flagship, until I watched the movie First Contact...then wanted a Sovereign. Anyways, Sovereign didn't exist yet, so bought next closest, "Space Whale" (Star Cruiser) and configured it as it was a larger version of the Nebula. My point being, with all these parts now just "floating" about, what if I wanted the Naucelles of the Nebula on the Star Cruiser? Just a little bigger? Heck if Simon and Schuster could do it with a DOS based proggie, why not Cryptic, on a larger scale?

Where I'm leading with this is I'm sure it's within Cryptic's power to create a Planitia Fleet Yard, where we can create such vast designs and not ruin the fun of playing the game. Keeping in mind that your rank and your officer allow only so many types of slots for your BO's, thus, no matter what the design of the ship, you are still playing within the rules.

Secondly: After said purchase, what if you decide to decommission said ship, but friend says, "No way dude, I wanna buy it from you"... (and yes I'm taking this directly from another MMO, because in fact, this is how it grew to where it is now), sales of your old stuff (ship design) could be money for you (Zen) to buy a new item, and make an old friend happy... Just food for thought. I think it should really work out well... (and no you're not gonna put a tricobalt device launcher in the Captain's Yaught that's silly, but you can add it to the scenery or transporter option of the ship when in space...so instead of having to go to ESD, or anywhere else to change ships, you could go aboard your local ship's transporter, and take the yaught out for a spin, or shuttle, runabout, or delta flyer...)

Just my humble opinion....

Set a course for ESD, maximum warp. Engage!
Lieutenant
# 134
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
How about the ships from the Battle of Wolf 359 Graveyard Scenes such as the Niagara Class:

The Challenger Class:

Or the Freedom Class:

I modelled those as a mod for Star Trek Legacy, considering the hull of the Niagara is the Ambassador class hull and the rest of the parts are from the Galaxy it should be easy to make using existing assets.

Last edited by thanatos9t; 01-14-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 135
01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
EDIT: Never mind.
Captain
# 136
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing more kit bash components, like most people I bought the Odyssey, I would love it if it had different pylon layouts, hull configurations etc.
I built up a toon for each specialization, Tactical, Science and Engineering and each is flying a tier 5 ship except for my Science officer, he's in a Magellan (Nebula variant), I'm toying with the idea of buying a Vesta but it isn't really the science cruiser I would like to have, A Nebula like variant for the Odyssey would be ideal.
Lieutenant
# 137
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
I like the idea of not adding more ships but adding more themed parts such as adding TNG styled naucelles and hull to the Soverign Class to allow us to create hybrid/retrofitted ships.
Captain
# 138
01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
I don't have any problems with them adding more ships, I would like to see some variety of designs flying around rather than everyone in clones of a few high end setups. Costume unlocks for existing ships would be much a appreciated so that we could customize ships that we've already purchased. What I'm hoping not to see is too many "Old Style" ships being created, nostalgia can take things too far and then it makes it feel like people are trying to turn this into a different game.

Last edited by maxvitor; 01-15-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Captain
# 139
01-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I think they need to fix the canon ships first, before we gain any more ships. Like, look at the Sovereign, the registry is in the wrong place and the deflector looks like a spider! The existing ships should be fixed first.

If we are to add more ships, I'd like a Venture Refit (not the STO costume) to the Galaxy-class. It's canon, it's easy to do, and it looks interesting. Also, perhaps a Hutet, K'Vorcha, or Achilles-class starships from DS9: Dominion Wars. They're not in the show, but they are interesting designs which generally keep to the looks of the various races' ships in the show.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 140
01-21-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
If we are to add more ships, I'd like a Venture Refit (not the STO costume) to the Galaxy-class. It's canon, it's easy to do, and it looks interesting.
Unless I'm missing something it has the phaser strips on the nacelles left over from the Dreadnought model, and that's it, not really that interesting.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.