Career Officer
# 11
01-05-2013, 07:46 AM
My Fleet is doing the same as it has always done... at a crawl.

I didn't create it for anything more than more storage space, so all the extra stuff are just nice trimmings for me to occasionally glance at and wonder what it would be like if I actually had other 'Real People' members.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
01-05-2013, 08:05 AM
We've quietened right down, but that's pretty normal at this time of year. Over Christmas/New Year, people have other commitments for the most part, it's also a prime time of the year for people to get new games which they want to play straight away. Usually things pick up again around the end of January.

Personally, I haven't been on for more than an hour a day in the last two weeks, just because we've had family visiting over the holidays.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 13
01-05-2013, 08:08 AM
We hit the 500 cap last fall and have more people asking to join every day. It's becoming almost impossible to find inactives (no log-ins in 45 days, down from 60) to kick.

We really need a fleet project to raise the membership cap (hint, hint, Cryptic).
Captain
# 14
01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
I gambled some of my dili at the exchange expecting a large profit turn out, so I sold all of my dil thinking prices were stabilizing in the 100's, so that I'd take advantage of fluctuating prices to earn an extra sum of dil. I was caught off guard by the ever decreasing rate of the zen/dil ratio that followed right before the holidays (kinda my fault, I should have kept an eye on the market). I have a huge sum of zen offers stuck in the 100-105 range. I could sell it now, but I'd be loosing big time: a little over 100k dil.

So you can pretty much guess the consequences, I can't help with the starbase for my small fleet; I can't buy anything at the rep store. Pretty much anything requiring dilthium I cannot do. I have also started unlocking tier 5 omega, and I can't even get my maco sets .
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 01-05-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Lieutenant
# 15
01-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
About the same as it's been all month long. We have a core group of die-hards that stick around, and occasionally someone we haven't seen in months will pop in for a few hours then disappear again.
Same here 15-20 members on over last 24 hours. It is usually 10-15 during the year.

We got some new recruits in Dec, very keen players who really like the game. That is a great sign.

On to Season 8 now and that will certainly see our roster sizes increase. I'm hoping the content makes good use of doff and rep systems which all these new players that just joined will appreciate because after 6 months playing they will start wondering why they need 100,000 commendation on engineering and begin questioning the point to all of it!

Cryptic needs to continue getting things like that right or even players like me will chuck in the towel and rosters won't be all that busy. Got faith though, they are well on the ball.