Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 161
01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Now that im done with this thread, and that ive proven along with the OP what a pile of garbage this breen ship is, ill ignore any responses in this thread.
Um... You haven't proven anything. You haven't brought in screenshots of your destruction of breen ships, you haven't brought in any statistics.

Your proof is your word only. Nothing else. And tbh, on the internet, that's not worth much of anything.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,340
# 162
01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Look, more mirror universe ship captains defending their free breen ship rofl..

Now that im done with this thread, and that ive proven along with the OP what a pile of garbage this breen ship is, ill ignore any responses in this thread.

I can understand why you want to like the breen ship and why you want it so desperately to be a good ship, but it is simply not.

I can either utilize my fleet advanced heavy cruiser or my fleet tac escort and destroy any breen ship with any loadout there is.

The ship is weak..the structural integrity is low, its a escort wannabe with a worse turn rate and a lower hull than a cruiser..im sorry, its garbage.

Im done , enjoy your free ship rofl.
You didn't even refute his claim that the Breen ship was useful in PvE. As for blowing up Breen ships in PvP, I do agree that the Breen ship is somewhat inferior in PvP, due to the maneuverability issue. However, there is something you should keep in mind. Given that many are trying out the ship and experimenting with it, it is only logical to think that most of its pilots are either still getting used to the ship or just not skilled enough to build it properly. Therefore, there is a statistically higher chance of meeting new players who pilot it.

Furthermore, the 'proof' you offer that the ship is lousy is equal to that offered by the supporters of the ship: personal experience. In fact, if you haven't noticed, its 'structural integrity' or rather hull strength is equal to that of the Vor'cha Retrofit, and higher than that of the Chimera. Lower hull than a cruiser? Of course! However, it makes up for it greatly in maneuverability. In fact, I believe the devs balanced this against the Chimera; increased hull strength in exchange for a slightly lower turnrate (1 degree)/

In 1v1 PvP, this ship might even do well against some builds. Fleet Tac Escort Retrofit? VM and what do you do? Fleet Excelsior? This ship has just enough maneuverability to stick to your six, and what will you do then?

Furthermore, to take another example, look at the Vesta. It has a turnrate of 12, and yet people can use dual heavy cannons on it!

On a side note:
Mirror universe ship captains? Seriously, couldn't think of a better insult? Are they somehow inferior to prime universe ships? How about the Mobius? The Mirror Qin? That was just plain pitiful.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"

Last edited by scurry5; 01-06-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,334
# 163
01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Thats funny you say moping the floor with everyone..that everyone must not include myself..I find the breen crapship likes to explode rather quickly when i drop out of Cloak on my fleet tac escort refit.

Cant be a coincidence, every breen ship i encounter seems to explode when i encounter them..must be a bug eh?

The ship is garbage, there is a reason its free. Im sorry if u wasted 20 something of your days or 300 bucks to find that out, but accept the fact

Good day
The reason why so many blow up is because of how many have been picked up. There a bad players using them too. I've seen plenty of FAW beam Chel's out there and am still shaking my head.

I have seen plenty of good players in Chel's using their "crapship" to deadly effect in PvP and PvE.

The Chel' isn't an "I win" ship, it still takes a good build and a person who has a good idea of how to use it to make it awesome.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 316
# 164
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I use the build linked below and I can't say I've ever had an issue with this ship. Going from Escort Carrier to this, I notice the difference, especially with staying alive. The only thing I'm waiting for now is to get my Fleet Escort Carrier - Problem is, not everyone is the same when running a ship, different setups or skill when using them, I know theres definately a few players out there that beat on me on PVP but then I'm more for the PVE anyway. It's a shame people can't just share their views on something in a mature manner with constructive feedback. Oh well....


http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...lGrettTac_2583


"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 658
# 165
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
The reason why so many blow up is because of how many have been picked up. There a bad players using them too. I've seen plenty of FAW beam Chel's out there and am still shaking my head.

I have seen plenty of good players in Chel's using their "crapship" to deadly effect in PvP and PvE.

The Chel' isn't an "I win" ship, it still takes a good build and a person who has a good idea of how to use it to make it awesome.
^this.

It's the same with any new ship. There's a rush to get it. Most will blow up often, then go back to whatever they were using before.

Good Breen ships will be more commonly seen as players get used to it and develop a workable fighting style for them.

The same is, ironically true for real world fighting machines.

It's not that the vehicle or aircraft is crap. In the case of Japanese Zero vs early Allied fighters, the Zero dominated the battlespace until Allied pilots knew -not- to turn with the Zero but use boom and zoom tactics. The Zero was gradually then totally outclassed by new tactics and equipment.

Likewise in STO, tactics and doctrine have to be matched with the ship's capability.

It would also appear that the "DHC cruiser" is really nothing new - Klingons had them since forever. So, as others have posted, don't bash the ship. It's not the ship at fault.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 01-06-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
# 166
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
It's a shame people can't just share their views on something in a mature manner with constructive feedback. Oh well....
That's pretty much what could be said for both sides of this issue but Meh.. There are some nuggets though...
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
# 167 yup
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
The reason why so many blow up is because of how many have been picked up. There a bad players using them too. I've seen plenty of FAW beam Chel's out there and am still shaking my head.

I have seen plenty of good players in Chel's using their "crapship" to deadly effect in PvP and PvE.

The Chel' isn't an "I win" ship, it still takes a good build and a person who has a good idea of how to use it to make it awesome.
Agree, its all about the player and their skills. I personally fly a Mirror Assault Cruiser (54k hull and 8k shields with the borg set on it.) and i play the tank role of my group. i can take the best hit from anyone in this game 1v1 and still tell the tale. so PVE is no issue while doing ESTFs. while i do not do the most amazing damage with my cruiser i still heal my entire team when needed and can take massive hit while pulling all aggro. now there are time where i mess up and hit a skill to fast or hit the wrong skill and leads to my demise but if done properly, i'm a pretty good tank. (weapons: fore: 2 beam arrays and 2 cannons :: aft : 4 beam arrays)

Now, i also fly the chel' warship as of recently and have the breen set on it, (47k hull and about 9k shields) and i fly that for more of a punch than what my cruiser can give with less tanking but it depends on what im doing.... i know that my healing abilities are more limited in this but that is why i fly it differently while still pulling all aggro.... FYI the chel is not for beam arrays at all,(weapons: fore:2 cannons, 1 DHC, ! rapid reload torp :: atf: 3 turrets, 1 cutting beam)

so i agree, it is all about the player and their skills...
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
# 168
01-07-2013, 04:27 AM
I saw this post and thought that it can't really be that bad, can it ? I put it to the test!


A few hundred Lobi crystals later and it was sat in my ship yard getting fitted out with fleet issue weapons. Whaat, whaaat, whaaaaaaaht! 4 slots for turrets on the back!? Amazing, just boost the weapons power a little and its' a pure DPS machine. Who needs a tank when you have cruisers for that?

This ship eats borg for breakfast. With the right setup it's dps is pretty insane.

I'm not the best at setting up ships, and having a yhear off didnt help either, but here's how I set it up.

*Cannons cannon cannons*

Weaps:
Front 2 * Fleet DHCP Disruptors (crit), 2 * Fleet Disrupter Turrets (Acc)
Rear 4 * Fleet Disrupter Turrets (2 * acc and 2* crit multiplyer)

Kitted out with the Mk XI Borg shields, impulse and deflector along with the assimilated module.

4* 28 + damage to disruptor tatical consoles.

Boff setup was the usual tatical setup for rapid fire, spread and tatical team 1, some hull regen skills, reverse shield polairty and hazard emitters. (ie, oh **** get out of dodge moments).
I have a few of the nice Doff's including the +10% dmg to borg one, but notyhing else special.

Weapon batters in devices

As with all tatical ships, you should not be taking damage, or at least tanking things. If you see a plasma torp coming at you, either shoot it down or get out of the way.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,660
# 169
01-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
^this.

It's the same with any new ship. There's a rush to get it. Most will blow up often, then go back to whatever they were using before.

Good Breen ships will be more commonly seen as players get used to it and develop a workable fighting style for them.

The same is, ironically true for real world fighting machines.

It's not that the vehicle or aircraft is crap. In the case of Japanese Zero vs early Allied fighters, the Zero dominated the battlespace until Allied pilots knew -not- to turn with the Zero but use boom and zoom tactics. The Zero was gradually then totally outclassed by new tactics and equipment.

Likewise in STO, tactics and doctrine have to be matched with the ship's capability.

It would also appear that the "DHC cruiser" is really nothing new - Klingons had them since forever. So, as others have posted, don't bash the ship. It's not the ship at fault.
Yeah, Zeros had a much tighter turning radius. But.... they couldn't take a hit. It's kinda like comparing a BoP to a Chimera.

Anyways the point is to play to YOUR strengths not your enemy's. What can YOU do well? One of the more amusing tactics the allied pilots would use was to turn towards each other when they had Zeros chasing them. Why? Since Zeros had no armor even an accidental hit from friendly fire could do serious damage.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
# 170
01-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Just an FYI

My Breen is running with 48,711 hull and 13,912 per shield face....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.