Lt. Commander
# 41
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
They hint at xbox 360 in the Game Informer magazine, Due to them saying that they demo the game on both keyboard and mouse and xbox 360 controller. Plus they say champions online will be on the xbox 360 too. But they also say both company's want it. So i guess we will have to wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
This was a great read, and the screenshots that were with the article are always nice! Thanks for providing the link!
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
The article states that the console version will be coming out later than the pc version :-(
And Murphy's law states that there won't be a mac version available at launch either. GAAAAA!
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Very interesting read! Thanks for posting the link!
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoted from the article:
You can wander around in the neutral zone picking up trading missions...
Please tell me these arent trade missions for profit...meaning we wont have Federation captains doing merchant/trades for personal profit.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Not a bad media blip. A bit heavy on rephrasing the currently available talking points and light on hard facts -- I thought the author got downright poetic at the end of page one -- but clearly a Cryptic-friendly source.

I was a little perturbed when I followed the link in the story to that site's No Captain Kirk in Star Trek Online story, though, which included this paragraph:

Quote:
Does the same go for Dr. Spock, then? Well, Leonard Nimoy did help Cryptic Studios to promote the game last August, and it looks like he'll have more to do with it in the future.
OK, yes, I'm a Star Trek geek, and journalism is no longer what it once was, but "Dr. Spock"?

This game may have further to go to appeal to the general public than I thought.

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfingers View Post
I followed the link in the story to that site's No Captain Kirk in Star Trek Online
Poor Shatner. Probably tried to Priceline negotiate his way into the game, too.
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Nice read, thx.

And let's start a "yell @ Zinkievich"-Thread :p .
Lt. Commander
# 49 Good Publicity
09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the link!

After reading this preview, as well as the 10-page preview in PCGamers, I feel really positive about what it seems Cryptic is trying to do with this game. While it appears that STO may not have the same statistical depth as many MMORPG's that follow the old D-20 character system (like WoW and soon ****), it would seem that Cryptic is emphasizing a more "intuitive" strategical interface for the combat aspect of the game although still retaining an expansive customization mechanic. (I wonder, if you can actually customize the interior of your ship, will there be on-ship missions that take place in your customized space?)
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I really hope it's not heavily PvE like the writer leads you to believe. IMO PvP seems to make or break the popularity of the game. I hope the just make different "worlds"(maybe universes is a more appropriate term) So that PvE players can play their RPG and RP and PvPers can play their MMO.