Captain
Hi Community,

After many months of hard work, my 5-part series has finally been published!

Watch the trailer - here, so you can get a feel for what's in store.

I worked very hard to try and address some on the issues folks had with my last Foundry Mission "Stray Dogs"

The missions are 30 - 40 min. storyline-based, with loads of challenging space battles, ground wars, puzzles, you name it .

Expect to explore exciting locations such as Vulcan, the icy wastelands of Rura Penthe, assaulting the Fortress of Quin'lat or visiting the mysterious planet X!

Disclaimer: Some of the combat is particularly challenging. It is recommended to play in normal mode first off, and if you are up-to-a-challenge increase the difficulty

Part 1 - "Storm Clouds"

Set amid the tumultuous intrigues of a dissident group known as the "Triumvirate", seeking to bring an end to Chancellor J'mpok's reign, a ruthless adversary arises from the ashes of Romulus.

Hesiod Severus is unforgiving in his loathing of the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire alike.

Vowing to restore the Romulan Star Empire to greater glory, Hesiod will stop at nothing to uncover the mysteries of the "Totality", an ancient creature whose destructive power he will unleash to give birth to a new empire.

Part 2 - "Wounded Sky"

As Chancellor J'mpok embarks on a journey to the Korba Du Re' Star Fortress, to broker a new alliance with King Slathis of Gorn, the treacherous Admiral Issarra declares martial law and seizes power on Qo'noS, declaring himself Regent over the Klingon Empire.

Forcing the hand of the High Council, whose loyalty is assured at the tip of a blade, Issarra scores his first major blow against the embattled Yan Isleth forces under the command of the loyalist General Semparri.

Amid this firestorm of civil war, the insane Romulan scientist, Hesiod Severus, is relentless in his pursuit of the Totality. Intent on unleashing a new Armageddon against the Alpha Quadrant, Hesiod is determined to see from the ashes, a new Phoenix arise.

Part 3 - "Devil's Devout"

The beleaguered forces of Chancellor J'mpok, commanded by General Semparri have withdrawn to Boreth, following Issarra's brutal seizure of power on Qo'noS.

Set against this backdrop of civil war, the your crew must continue their search to stop Hesiod Severus from unleashing the Totality.

Part 4 - "Seeding"

The pursuit of Hesiod Severus continues, taking your crew into the very heart of the new Romulan Star Empire.

Part 5 - "Fires of Armageddon"

Unsettled by the mysterious Progenitor's warning, your crew prepare themselves for the transdimensional jump to continue their pursuit of Hesiod across the distant Galactic Barrier.

What dangers lie in store for you? And will you be in time to stop the fires of Armageddon?

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-19-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Captain
# 2 Note on combat.
01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Some of the combat is particularly difficult, and IT IS intended to be.

The reason why I did this was because so many times I have received responses saying that the combat was not challenging enough, or too easy.

I myself, found the ground combat in the last two episodes awesome.

Though I died a lot, that's how it should feel when you are fighting a force that nearly destroyed the galaxy

The space combat and ground was designed as best as possible to take into consideration some key aspects of PvP and PvE:

1.) Tactics, approach and placements of BOFF. Just running into the fold and staying exposed is going to get you killed.

2.) NPC pathing to simulate attack.

3.) Waves

4.) Multiple targets to practice healing against focused sustained damage.

5.) Allied NPC's to practice support.

If you find this just too much, then I challenge you to use this for practice!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-08-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Playing part one today and looking forward to it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 4
01-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Part One : Storm Clouds

Too Long, Don't Want to Read All I am about to Say Version : 5 Stars, Highest Recommendation. This is an incredible mission. If you want Klingon Content, go play it.

Now, to start with the author chooses to tell a very involved, epic scale story. If that's not your type of mission, this one probably isn't for you. Of note, the assumption is made that you are at least working for the KDF military. A fair assumption for most KDF characters I think, and if the player is willing to simply accept that they do indeed work for the KDF, then they are in for a wonderful story.

You have an incredible grasp on the way to tell a compelling story for a KDF character, where I feel like the hero of the story in a movie I would want to watch. Your NPCs act and speak in a way that invokes the races and the "feeling" of being part of the Empire. It should just "feel" different than federation play, and your story and storytelling accomplishes this better than most. Of note, you also nailed this "feeling" of a culture in your portrayal of the Romulans.

The story is front loaded with text and information. But as an author I appreciate the way that storytelling works, and this is but the first part of a 5 part story. I really liked all the information. Some players will not. For me, everything that you added as an author simply added to the immersive feeling of the mission.

There are a number of small detail oriented things I noticed that you might think about changing. I don't want to say anymore, but I would be glad to chat in game or something and give you feedback on what really amount to little things.

The combats are all challenging, but very winnable (I play almost everything on elite). Nothing about the fights is too easy and I see a good sense of balance and thought put into how you have them designed. Your PvP background is evident. Most people don't set up their mobs to try and flank me
I really liked the combats.
REALLY Liked them.

Overall, this mission surpasses anything of the official Cryptic KDF content, in my opinion.
I cannot say enough good about this mission, and the tiny criticisms don't amount to anything that takes away from what is probably the best KDF content I have played.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-27-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Captain
# 5 Humbled. :)
01-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Thank you so very much!

I was beginning to wonder, if perhaps storytelling was just something I was not good at.

A few people have complained that the missions were too difficult, but honestly I played them through numerous times and found them enjoyably challenging. They ended up exactly the way I hope the combat to be.

Again thank you! It means the world to me to hear someone say this.

I sincerely look forward to receiving a mail from you in the future to better my missions!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
A few people have complained that the missions were too difficult, but honestly I played them through numerous times and found them enjoyably challenging. They ended up exactly the way I hope the combat to be.
People are wimps Your combats are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I sincerely look forward to receiving a mail from you in the future to better my missions!
Sent a friend request in game, and I'll put together an in game email before I go play the second part here in a few.

I love that you have made me want to play my KDF character again.
Seriously.
Career Officer
# 7
01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Part Two : Wounded Sky

Short Version : A great second installment of a very compelling series. Highly recommended.

So, the story here was more compelling than part one, and kept me feeling a forward momentum.
Immersion, and a real handle on KDF storytelling really make this shine.

4 stars this time, as there are some real "mechanics" things in the environment/maps and story that can use some tweaking, but these do not in any way cause you to be unable to experience the story.

You make great use of the stock maps, and do a great job of disguising them with decorations that really add to the immersive feel.

Character remains a strong point here. All the NPCs are beginning to become characters I care about.

Combat can use some tweaking in this one. Not in difficulty by any means. The choice to make combat difficult is a bold one. I played through on elite with my free Vo'Quv and while sometimes i was having to respawn and rethink my strategy, the enemies were not "too hard". It's about map design, and how far apart enemies were in some cases (particularly the final battle). It could really use some tightening up.

This is an incredible mission series.
I find myself eager to play the next one, and forcing myself to space them out so I can keep looking forward to it longer.
Honestly, I look forward to playing the next episode more than I have looked forward to the latest episode of Cryptic content.

You want solid Klingon story content, with challenging combat.
Look no further.
All KDF Story enthusiasts should be playing these missions.
Career Officer
# 8
02-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Part 3 : Devil's Devout

Some very compelling, mid series wrap up/climax leaving you with a feeling of a hard fought victory against a major enemy, with shadows of further adventure. Excellent storytelling.
Spelling and grammar continue to be something to give a pass at. (Eon instead of Ion for example) But such errors are minor quibbles, and they are not something that appears often.

Again, an excellent use of the stock maps. All are dressed up very nicely.

I didn't quite get a feel for Vulcan while I was there.
It felt like having more optional ways to encounter the people and culture there would have been welcome. I was after all supposedly the 1st KDF there in many years. I know the storyline has me hurried at this point. I just wanted more from Vulan, I guess.

This mission also contained the first moment that pulled me out of the story and broke immersion. It was at the very end. J'mpok's Flagship is called Qo'Nos 'wa ? (Qo'Nos One?)
It just felt wrong. Why would a Klingon flagship have a similar naming convention to the Airplane a US President flies in.
I was expecting something like 'The Fist of Kahless' or something like that.
It just drew me out of the story is all.

Combats in this one were great.
As always I played on elite, and everything felt really well balanced.
I might tighten up the space mobs a little, but really well designed and challenging.

Excellent work.
Looking forward to playing Part 4.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Storm Cloud space combat is no joke... I was in a Fleet Vorcha and was able to handle both engagements without respawning, but only do to aggressive maneuvering and judicious use of heals and exploit abilities. The second engagements will have a lot of lock-downs with tractor beams and plasma alpha strikes. The combination of tank and tactical helped out alot in surviving the space engagements (especially the second engagment that nearly did take me out in the beginning of the fight). Enjoyed the mission and good storyline for the RP folks.
Captain
# 10
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
Storm Cloud space combat is no joke... I was in a Fleet Vorcha and was able to handle both engagements without respawning, but only do to aggressive maneuvering and judicious use of heals and exploit abilities. The second engagements will have a lot of lock-downs with tractor beams and plasma alpha strikes. The combination of tank and tactical helped out alot in surviving the space engagements (especially the second engagment that nearly did take me out in the beginning of the fight). Enjoyed the mission and good storyline for the RP folks.
Cheers mate! As a pvper I designed the combat for the "pvp-at-heart" in mind