Ensign
# 1 Repackaging Lock Box Ships
01-06-2013, 10:52 AM
So i was thinking i have alot of ships myself and i dont really use them all so i was thinking of a few ideas to make future use of them in 1 way or another.

An ability to repackage a ship to sell or trade was an idea i was looking at but how to make it a "fair" system for those that wished to use it.

I was considering along the lines of the research route to repackage ships where by the particular ship, the special mods/weapons that came with it, some zen/ec/gpl or commodities be used in conjunction with doffs to have a chance at repacking the ship but you would also have a fail chance and could possibly loose everything.

So my example of how it could work would be the following required to complete action:

1) Tholian orb weaver + thermionic torpedo launcher + tholian web console

2) Trade doff, Maintenance doff, Technician doff, Quartermaster doff, Research lab scientist doff all with required skills to be determined.

3) 1000 Zen + 50,000 Experinece points + 50,000 Gold pressed Latinum

So thats an example of me wanting to repackage my orb weaver and roughly costs that could be associated with the research project, but for the project itself would be the following:

1) Research difficulty - Extreme

2) 5% Crit Success - Ship is repackaged plus 10% of costs required to complete action are refunded.

3) 38% Success - Ship is repackaged.

4) 30% Failure - Repacking ship was a failure, ship and mods returned, 750 Zen, 37500 Experinece points, 37500 GPL returned also, some losses incured due to fail attempt.

5) 27% Crit Failure - Ship and mods and all costs deposited lost due to embezlement of the project by unknown thieves.

So the above % for success and failure are before any doff's or associated skills are applied.

The results are the following:

1) Opportunities to repackage and sell ships for players,

2) Investment for Cryptic via more spending opportunity

3) Increased ingame economy

4) Making GPL a bit more useful in game rather than a stagnant currency.

I hope this is recieved well and gets support as i believe it to be a worthy proposal.
Career Officer
# 2
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I think it would be a good idea and very useful
Career Officer
# 3
01-06-2013, 11:41 AM
No, what a ridiculous idea. We don't need even more %-gambleing.
With such high value items too.

Actually PWE would probably love that idea for that.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Ensign
# 4
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obertheromulan View Post
No, what a ridiculous idea. We don't need even more %-gambleing.
With such high value items too.

Actually PWE would probably love that idea for that.
Can you explain why it is ridiculous ?

My points are valid and the example % for success/failure are a possible base before any doff/skills boost are applied so the chance for fail can be significantly reduced.

Also the options i presented are an example and not set in stone for requirements to complete or end results.

And this brings a currently dead currency into more use in the game and these can be potentially applied to any item that came packaged thus increasing flexability in the game with minor changes required.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourlemonz82 View Post
And this brings a currently dead currency into more use in the game and these can be potentially applied to any item that came packaged thus increasing flexability in the game with minor changes required.
Zen is not dead currency.

Zen is used to pay for account services and items, the exchange is simply reflecting that people dont exactly have a need for Zen Store items and services because Cryptic overused Dilithium as a currency (that was pre-season 6 a "dead currency") and brought its value up, not Zen is devalued since its actual exchange rate is tied real world currencies.

Your idea is gambling, Lockbox is already pushing it and as long they pad it with "items of equal worth" is not gambling but your suggestion is without a doubt gambling because it would cost roughly $10 to try and people could LOSE the money, not to say Zen is in nu way tied to the game, the only thing that connects to it is the Dilithium exchange that itself is NOT directly part of the game.

There is no flexibility in here to have, you either use the ship or sell it, you are simply trying to get a "test drive" out of it ... if you dont want the ship, sell the box as its not BoP.
Ensign
# 6
01-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Zen is not dead currency.

Zen is used to pay for account services and items, the exchange is simply reflecting that people dont exactly have a need for Zen Store items and services because Cryptic overused Dilithium as a currency (that was pre-season 6 a "dead currency") and brought its value up, not Zen is devalued since its actual exchange rate is tied real world currencies.

Your idea is gambling, Lockbox is already pushing it and as long they pad it with "items of equal worth" is not gambling but your suggestion is without a doubt gambling because it would cost roughly $10 to try and people could LOSE the money, not to say Zen is in nu way tied to the game, the only thing that connects to it is the Dilithium exchange that itself is NOT directly part of the game.

There is no flexibility in here to have, you either use the ship or sell it, you are simply trying to get a "test drive" out of it ... if you dont want the ship, sell the box as its not BoP.
Obviously you never read properly my proposal as i said GOLD PRESSED LATINUM is the dead currency. I know what Zen is ive been here long enough, my lack of posts does not equal my sum knowledge of the game or functions.

Yes my idea is gambling in a way but you think Cryptic would approve this sort of change without earnings as a company. Cryptic are a business and to survive they need revenue, my idea give those that opened a box to try a ship/console/armor or what ever a chance to try sell the items they did not like/didnt suit a particular playstyle while giving cryptic revenue to help keep this game going for new stuff to be released down the line.

Yes there is a risk to loose all or some but as ive already said it is an idea, the end possbible losses are not set in stone and Cryptic get something back also. Balance in system.

Last edited by sourlemonz82; 01-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Captain
# 7
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I agree with these points. I hate Cryptic's refusals to repackage items. I'm sure there's alternatives if a person encounters a ship they don't like or has a flaw.

I'll use my case for example. Before they patched the issue, the Tholian Widow Fighters used to say they could load cannons, but they in fact could not. I ordered Cryptic to repackage it, or send me a packaged version and I would delete the ship in my ship list, or supply me with a refund for the Exchange price I purchased it for. They refused all three. (Luckily someone listened and fixed the ship so it could load cannons)

It's absolutely ridiculous that ships can't be repackaged in this game. I agree with sourlemonz82's proposal. Even a chance-based repackaging is better than none.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 8
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
what would be nice is turn in for lobi or dilithium I think dilithium would be better since you have to buy zen to open the
I have 1200 on 3 toons I am not going to open ll of them
I have no room for dominion box
or atleast let us increase the stack size to 250
Captain
# 9
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
what would be nice is turn in for lobi or dilithium I think dilithium would be better since you have to buy zen to open the
I have 1200 on 3 toons I am not going to open ll of them
I have no room for dominion box
or atleast let us increase the stack size to 250
Turn repackaged ships back into lobis or dilithium? That would destabilize the market - premium ships would become "rent-a-ships". No, I disagree, the ships must be repackaged either on a chance basis or bound to account.

And what are you talking about the Dominion Lockbox? This is about ships, not boxes.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 10
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
would it not be cheaper and less frustrating to simply buy a couple more ship slots if you're running short? i don't recall ever seeing a limit on these.

what i want is the ability to get more of the special consoles from lb/lobi ships. for example, i have both a wells and a mobius...i want to have them both equipped at any given time. i'd like another tippler cylinder/mannheim device (hell, i'd pay dilithium/zen), so i can do so. since you're only using one ship at a time, and they'd be bound to character, i can't think of any way this could be broken.

also, less likely, but still desired...i want lockbox/lobi ships (including mirror styles) to be unlocked account wide when opened.