Lieutenant
# 1 Reluctantly seeking new fleet!
01-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi there.

As the title suggests, I feel I'm going to have to look for a new fleet.

I've been with my current fleet since September and racked up masses of donations, yet I still remain classed as ' inactive' rank and can therefore not spend any of the masses of fleet credit I've saved up on anything but DOFFs!

Worst thing is, the fleets by a mile top donator (over 2m leaderboard score) is also still 'inactive'! And it appears that, of all the people who are able to promote me no longer log in, save for one guy who I have messaged but to no reply (and he hasn't been on yet in 2013).

So I have to decided to look for a new fleet. But I'm fussy, and I also feel that I am worth something to a decent fleet and can therefore afford to be.

Anyway, what I'm looking for in a fleet:

* I want an active rank which allows me to participate fully!
*Preferably English speaking, although I would also join a German language fleet.
* No strict rules on what characters should wear or ship naming etc.
*I'd quite like to do some of the fleet mark stfs and cure found on difficult as a fleet team, although its not vital
* Either already achieved or on the project which upgrades embassy to tier 1 (need that doff assignment slot!)
* At least fleet level 8 / starbase tier 2.5!
* Not a kindergarten (ie full of kids)

What I can offer the fleet;

*Lots of donations! I don't usually dilate dil, but anything else I will happily donate, especially for embassy recruitment!
* An instant donation of the neear 5k fleet marks I have
*I have all doff commendations (except Recruitment) and 400 decent doffs, so thats lots more fleet marks earned through commendation reporting!
* bilingual English/German
*lv 51 character (eng) with a ship that (once equipped with some fleet antiproton beam arrays) is rather nice indeed (currently using a temporal science vessel)
* I'm a 'mature' player, 30+ (just) and a big fan of the series Enterprise living in Central European time zone.
Career Officer
# 2
01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
32nd Vipers would welcome you. We are a small fleet that has tier 3 starbase, close to 4, most of our members are active and we always look to help our members. With the level of contributions you're talking about advancement would happen quickly. We believe that star trek is a game and we encourage our members to do what makes them happy. We are all avid Star Trek fans and often have in depth conversations on various topics on our ventrilo server or our fleets alliance teamspeak server. We have an alliance with 6 other fleets so there will always be someone on doing PvP, STFs, farming or just hanging out. This way we can expand our community without losing our sovereignty.

If you would like to know more please contact me in game or anyone else from 32nd Vipers to give you more details.

Good luck
Republic Veteran
Good Afternoon. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and now even parts of the Middle East.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is Tier 3 across the board with the ship costume vendor upgrade currently in progress and we have started making inroads into restocking provisions for the Embassy. We also provide commodities to all for donation to the projects. Hopefully this is the Tier you need for the ship or gear you are looking to purchase.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
Live Long and Prosper!
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Greeting Andy. I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through with the fleet you were in. I'm no good at giving a recruitment speach (makes me feel like a used cars salesman) so I'll just give you what I know...

Dark Mirror fleet is a mirror universe themed fleet. We are a small, close-knit group who have all at some point been burned by old fleets. Therefore we've made sure not to repeat the same mistakes. We don't expect you to donate inoder to get promoted. We don't actually have "ranks" other than cadet and thats only so we don't get robbed blind. We also dont expect you to donate X amount before we give you access to buy fleet stuff. There's no uniform requirement to speak of and all desisions that are made, is voted on by all on our website making it everyones fleet, not just one person calling all the shots.

We are mostly in our 30's as well and are in the US, HOWEVER, we're all late owls so our times should match up. If you're interested in knowing more you can visit our sit, www.darkmirror.enjin.com or send me a shout in game at @stewie1701.

I hope you do find a fleet that is just what you are looking for.. There are some really great ones out there. See you among the stars!

Last edited by serenity8060; 01-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
01-07-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1884 View Post
Anyway, what I'm looking for in a fleet:

* I want an active rank which allows me to participate fully!
*Preferably English speaking, although I would also join a German language fleet.
* No strict rules on what characters should wear or ship naming etc.
*I'd quite like to do some of the fleet mark stfs and cure found on difficult as a fleet team, although its not vital
* Either already achieved or on the project which upgrades embassy to tier 1 (need that doff assignment slot!)
* At least fleet level 8 / starbase tier 2.5!
* Not a kindergarten (ie full of kids)
I invite you to check out the 44th. Age 18+. T4 starbase, T4 shipyard, T4 fabricator, T4 sci soon. Embassy T2 unlocked. T2 Recruitment and diplomacy. No rules regarding costumes, ship names, etc. You can donate as soon as you join. Fleet stores are restricted for new members until the first of the next month after you join, BUT we can arrange access before that time should you want to buy something. Come see if we are a good fit.

startrek.44thfleet.com
# 6
01-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi Andy

We are a UK based fleet with international membership, no silly rules or drama, almost T4 mil, over 400 fleet ships available and all the provisions, T1 Embassy, + daily Elite STFs, Fleet marks teams. Check out our unique website and drop me a mail if you are interested.

Cheers
Matt
Career Officer
# 7
01-07-2013, 05:03 AM
You're more then welcome to try us out!

Our starbase is nearly level 14, Embassy is nearly level 4.
We're a large but laid back fleet capable of all PVE aspects and are moving into the realms of PVP.
We are i'd say, 60-70% american with the remainder from the UK and elsewhere.
We're an adult fleet, not babysitters.
We don't really have any rules and in the few years we've been around haven't had need to make any.
People tend to be promoted based on how much they use our website, TS3 and how generally social they are.

If theres anything you need feel free to check us out or drop me a mail. Good luck!

Regulus@Aquitaine985
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-07-2013, 05:13 AM
I joind up with UFP.

I am only on for maybe an hour or 2 a day and have full access to all fleet resources.

waiting on the t2 embassy upgrade to finish and just started the t4 communications array up grade. So we shall soon have elite fleet deflectors and shields to go with the engines.

www.ufplanets.com
Career Officer
# 9
01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Section 31 is one of the first (January 28, 2010), largest (495+ members), and most active (100% activity in last 60 days) fleets in Star Trek Online.

To the best of my knowledge, we have one of the most advanced starbases as well and are Tier 4 across the board. We have maxed out the Recruitment tier of the embassy and will be completely done with all embassy upgrades in February.

We have many helpful and friendly members on at all hours of the day -- particularly in North America and Europe. Promotion to access the fleet store and fleet bank are also very quick, and you'll find we have a large stock of provisions.

It's a casual fleet -- we don't force you to run missions you don't want, contribute, or even play X hours a day (though we do ask that you plan to be active within 60 days to stay in the fleet).

You can send a mail to @PhyrexianHero, do a search in-game (either Find a Fleet or type /who section), or send me a message with your character@handle about any questions or desire to join.

There are several excellent fleets out there, though I am very happy I chose Section 31. Best of luck!
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Tip of the Spear
We have been here since launch
We are small, family friendly
No hoops to jump through
Leader is 41 years old and not into controling people, just protecting and building fleet
Tier 3 Starbase and Engineering, almost Tier 3 Tac and Science
Tier 1 Embassy in 4 days (timer started) (you can already buy the first Doff assignment)
Ground and Space (NOT space only and several actually prefer ground STFs and PvP)
You would have full active status right away
My wife owns the entire Enterprise series on DVD and DVR and we love it
We STF a lot

Be aware that we do not use voice, nor have a website yet
(I am taking website design so that may change)
We have under 35 members and a lot of them are alts.
Our core members are very active.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 01-10-2013 at 09:27 AM.