Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 958
# 51
01-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
You totally ignore the rest of the point and focus on this part , okay.

You are claiming that someone , manages to be computer literate enough to download, install and play this game, yet they NEVER ever check any of the MANY sources of information about the game. They never check Email, or Facebook, or Twitter or the website. heck, from the sound of what you lay out, these people must just avoid the internet.

Fine. The only way that these mystical, magical people have to get information on the game is from within the game itself.

How then do they even know the ship is available ?
Seriously ?
How did they know the winter event was happening ?

Oh and lastly, how in the world did they ever find the STO Forums to come and complain about something ?

You claim "It's Logic !" to trust in the information in game.

I say "It's foolish !" to NOT supplement in game information with outside sources.

I guess , my inability to blindly trust everything I am spoon fed in the game, and need to go to forums and wikis and blogs and podcasts to become a better player makes me incapable of understanding the basics of your argument.
guy, half my friends that play this game do not come to the forums because of people like you.. secondly, it is a game.. case and point.. its not meant to be a research project.. also, some people who have limited time to play choose to spend their time in the game as apposed to wasting time out of it..

honestly, its a simple mistake, it happened, it is cryptics fault, and again, he didnt come on asking for anything, just venting and letting others who might have missed the total of 1 things mentioned about it being bind on toon.. (that is right, they only talked about it once in the news feed, and it is easy to overlook as it was in the description of the ship) its not like they caught the problem and tried to fix it like your making it sound..
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 52
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM
So... how is someone not checking all the information available and not knowing the ship was character bind on pick-up (which is says btw on the box at the ferengi vendor) Cryptic's fault?

The only one at fault is the guy looking back in the mirror, not Cryptic. They specifically stated many times the ship was character bound. The item says "Bind on Pickup" in the store. Guess what! That's in game! Your entire argument is null and moot.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 958
# 53
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So... how is someone not checking all the information available and not knowing the ship was character bind on pick-up (which is says btw on the box at the ferengi vendor) Cryptic's fault?

The only one at fault is the guy looking back in the mirror, not Cryptic. They specifically stated many times the ship was character bound. The item says "Bind on Pickup" in the store. Guess what! That's in game! Your entire argument is null and moot.
cause for a while, it said that it was tradeable "ingame".. i personally dont care, i dont even want the breen cruiser. and to be honest i almost didnt comment in this thread and wished i hadnt.. but i was sticking up for the op.. cause for some strange reason, you think that everyone who plays the game should log into the website every single day, read every post, and spend 3/4's of the time outside of the game rather than in...

i guess the glass is half full.. your obviously never gonna see it our way, and we will most certainly never see it yours.. so its not even worth arguing and possible getting slapped by a moderator..

i myself check the website a few times a week, i enjoy watching people "go at it" on the forums and ocassionally i get stuck in the muck too.. but i can see his point.. if something says something "in game" and it is wrong, that is not his fault, that would be cryptics.. ingame is the be all end all, no matter what things say on the forums or the website, everything in game should be worded the way it was meant to be..

the issue here, was that they just copied and pasted the box all the other ships come in, and all the other ships are tradeable.. so it stated that "in game". i know cause i saw this.. weather it says it now or not is mute.. so i can see the op's frustration.. do i think cryptic should give him something no. do i think he was on here looking for something.. no.. was he on here venting and making sure that others dont make the same mistake.. yes... and you guys washed over him and mentally beat up him over nothing.. it is not for you or anyone else to decide weather players should or should not read the website, or the forums, or a podcast, or anything else.. cryptic provides a game for us, we pay them to play it.. it is not our job to then go out of our way to accomodate them, but rather the other way around.. yes, the website, forums, and various podcasts a great tool, but ingame is the first stop on the gaming jurney for sto..
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 236
# 54
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
I was able to sell a Breen ship hologram emitter on the exchange!!

Read fine print
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 55
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
6 fracking pages over this and no one has stated the obvious fact that has and most likely always will be in place:

Free event ships ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE Character bound on pick up.

Now please follow the angry Klingon with the greatly over-sized Bajoran "Gratitude" beads who will momentarily give you a valid reason for whining. lol
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 958
# 56
01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
6 fracking pages over this and no one has stated the obvious fact that has and most likely always will be in place:

Free event ships ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE Character bound on pick up.

Now please follow the angry Klingon with the greatly over-sized Bajoran "Gratitude" beads who will momentarily give you a valid reason for whining. lol
lol.. true story..
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
# 57
01-07-2013, 07:53 AM
It's amazing people are arguing over issues like this.

Do you guys know what a cult is? Once people get obsessed with an idea(s), it's near impossible to talk common sense back into them.

It's a tiny mistake made by Cryptic. They forgot to change the fine print on the box, period. Obviously, it only affected a few, so there is nothing you should do about it, or can do about it. Sure some players didn't fancy reading the important posts in the forum, and I agree this is their fault. After all, this is not a game, it's STO (no pun intended). It should be treated like a college course, preview, review, learn, understand, remember, repeat, all that. Heck, remember in college you're supposed to know your professor's name? Here too. Remember the devs' names and cite them often. It makes whatever your argument sound authentic, and gives you right to talk down to other people, those who maybe new around here and still fumbling around. Learn the lesson.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 58
01-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Right click on it in the store, or right click on it and hit 'Info' in your inventory. The first line in the description says the ship can be traded... theres even two asterisks preceding it to make it look more important.
Yeah, it is a typo. Players have turned what should be a short thread about fixing a typo into nerd raging and personally attacking the poster.

Of course, it is hard to feel bad for him since it also says it is bind on pickup and since the OP was just going to sell the ship anyway, but still, Cryptic needs to fix it.

But most likely they will not, because the event will be over tomorrow and in the future the Breen ship will probably be a bind on unpack item from the lock box lottery or lobi store.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 977
# 59
01-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfivethousand View Post
After my friend got 1000 Q's autographs, he bought the breen ship.
He wanted to sale it. The box info reads "tradeable" but it's wrong!
even when the box is unopened, YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON THE MARKET!

so... was it a lie?
you should listen to trekradio.net they have goo info and good music. that way even if u dont use forums u can know whats what and have some tunes to kill borg too
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:59 AM.