Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 1 Cutting Beam doesn't work
01-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I just got the Cutting Beam and attempted to use it on my tactical odyssey. It shows as firing in the weapon's trey but there is no animation, no sound, and it does not inflict any damage--I tied firing nothing else thinking maybe it was just a display issue but it did nothing what-so--ever, even against fully unshielded enemies.

Any ideas?
Captain
# 2
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I just got the Cutting Beam and attempted to use it on my tactical odyssey. It shows as firing in the weapon's trey but there is no animation, no sound, and it does not inflict any damage--I tied firing nothing else thinking maybe it was just a display issue but it did nothing what-so--ever, even against fully unshielded enemies.

Any ideas?
Are you sure it's not doing any damage? I was ticked when I first got it because I never saw any visuals, or heard any sound. But, when I looked in the combat log, and parsed it, it was there. It's annoying as hell. I want to at least see the thing. If my DHCs drowned out the sound I can live with that, as long as I can see it.
Captain
# 3
01-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
Are you sure it's not doing any damage? I was ticked when I first got it because I never saw any visuals, or heard any sound. But, when I looked in the combat log, and parsed it, it was there. It's annoying as hell. I want to at least see the thing. If my DHCs drowned out the sound I can live with that, as long as I can see it.
Nope, it did no damage at all.
Captain
# 4
01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
That's messed up then. What slot do you have it in? Front or Rear?