Lt. Commander
# 441
01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
There is no default keybind file. If you tried to save a file by using the /bind_save_file ground.txt slash command without customizing any keybinds, the file would be empty.
What about all the ones that are already there, before you make your first bindfile? I am going to have to re-do them all in my custom bind file to make them work in it, so I'd need to know how

Or, will they just work automatically, that it ads those to your new bindfile automatically, you only need to change it if you want them to be different.
Career Officer
# 442
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Only the ones you change are loaded into the bind files. This includes deleting the existing ones, which would then put a:

w ''" or w "null"

in the bind file

All the default ones will still work... until you change them in the keybind file.

Last edited by bds007; 01-03-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 443
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfjohn View Post
I've a question: playing around in the interface I right-click-dragged the abilities from the officers slots (in space mode). This didn't remove the abilities from their slots, just the keybindings for the abilities (i.e. alt+1, alt+2).

How can I get these keybindings back?

Thanks!
There are multiple ways. It depends on if you use custom keybinds or not. If not, you can always reset your keybinds back to default, which will return the alt+1 keybinds. I am not in game at the moment to tell you the exact steps, but I believe there is a reset button from the Options/Keybinds tab on the bottom left. There is also a slash command, /unbind_all.

If you use existing keybinds, you could always recreate them in your bind file:

alt+1 "+TrayExecByTray 1 0"
Career Officer
# 444
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sireravyn View Post
Then i guess it has a glitch. any way around it?
I know it is late in answering... but just in case you or someone else still has the problem.

If you load a bind file and nothing changes, it more than likely means your syntax was incorrect. You can test this by importing the bind file and then immediately exporting it to another file name. If your [new] command does not show up then the syntax was wrong in the beginning portion of the keybind. If it was in the execution portion, then the keybind usually gets saved, but it will show up as an error when used.

Just as the OP, I use descriptive tags in my bind file so that I can find a section easily. When imported into the game, these tags are just ignored. If I export my bindings, those don't show up. I am thinking that this might be your issue, if you put extra 'stuff' before the named key, the whole line will just be ignored. For example:

bind c "+crouch" will work in a slash command but would not work in a keybind file. But:

c "+crouch" will work for a bind file, but not on a slash command.
Career Officer
# 445
01-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rsak0f View Post
what if i want to make a key bind for my left alt.
i add this in the space_keybind.txt

the following i tryed but did not work for me.

Left Alt "TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 3"
or use:

Lalt "TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 2 3"

Last edited by bds007; 01-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Captain
# 446
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Apologies if this has been answered before,

So I've managed to create 2 version (ground/space) bindfile specific to each of my toons' career (I created characters for all careers). Love it, it's very effective to throw some quick heal to teammates. My only issue is I have to type the command to load the bind file every time I change toons.

I was wondering if it was possible to assign a key the function of loading a specific bindfile something along these lines [F9 "+bind_load_file <locationpath\scienceground.txt>]. Is that even in the realm of possibilities? Then again, it feels like I'm asking too much lol.

Thanks!
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Starfleet Veteran
# 447
01-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I was wondering if it was possible to assign a key the function of loading a specific bindfile something along these lines [F9 "+bind_load_file <locationpath\scienceground.txt>]. Is that even in the realm of possibilities? Then again, it feels like I'm asking too much lol.
That is very possible to do since loading a bindfile is a command. I actually use it to switch my mousewheel in space between camera zoom and throttle control.

Space_Mouse_1.txt
Camera Zoom
Wheelplus "AdjustCamDistance -15"
Wheelminus "AdjustCamDistance 15"

Middleclick "bind_load_file Space_Mouse_2.txt $$ Playersay Switched to Mousewheel Throttle."

Space_Mouse_2.txt
Throttle
Wheelplus "throttleadjust .25"
Wheelminus "throttleadjust -.25"

Middleclick "bind_load_file Space_Mouse_1.txt $$ Playersay Switched to Mousewheel Zoom."

That Playersay command at the end is so I have visual confirmation that the command went through or I can see when I accidentally switched binds without meaning to.
Captain
# 448
01-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks dabelgrave,

So basically for the bind_load_file keybind to work you omit the plus sign in front of it then?

I thought it went <key> "+bind_load_file <pathname\bindfile>" but now it's <key> "bind_load_file <pathname\bindfile>"?

I'm gonna try it and see how it turns out.

PS: The <> signs are there only for visual aid.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Starfleet Veteran
Captain
# 450
01-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post
Yeah, it works exactly as I posted it (copied it straight from my keybind files).
Yep it works my friend, you have made me a very happy sto player .

Looks like there's always a frontier to go beyond hehe.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!