Commander
# 31
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Don't worry, the Elite Fleet Engines are also less useful then the advanced fleet engines.
In what way?
(genuinely asking, not counter-arguing: my Fleet doesn't have Tier 4 yet and ever since the Borg change, I've been using the Advanced Fleet Engines on 1 char)
Career Officer
# 32
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Following the same pattern as the ground weapons, they would presumably have [Dmg]x2, your choice of [Acc], [CrtD] or [CrtH] as with advanced weapons and a special unique proc that remains to be seen.

Unless that special proc turns out to be some kind of game-breaker, I certainly don't care.
On ground combat, Crit is king, and I am of the opinion that the devs know this, hence their overuse of the [DMG] modifer.

[DMG] needs another buff to give it at least SOME parity...
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
In what way?
(genuinely asking, not counter-arguing: my Fleet doesn't have Tier 4 yet and ever since the Borg change, I've been using the Advanced Fleet Engines on 1 char)
Advanced engines give you for example [turn]x3 [spd], elite gives you [turn]x2 [spd] [power] meaning you give up a turn rate increase or a speed increase for about 2 points extra energy in shields and aux. which results for [spd] on a vorcha into 2 less speed, which is more valuable then those puny 2 points more power.

Now if the elite had the [power] on top of the other 4 modifiers, that would make them actual elite engines. The way they are now they are just different advanced engines with less useful modifiers.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 34
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magniacapra View Post
Well [dmg] modifers are the most useless ones in the game, having at least 1 makes them worse than purple mk xii's, so this whole notion of them being the most advanced weapons per faction can't be taken seriously by anyone.
Hmm, tinfoil hat time folks.

With the recent removal of Mk 12 random weapon drops the only mk 12 weapons left are [dmg] heavy fleet/rep weapons...and whatever future MK 12 weapons they include in Lockboxes. Suddenly lockbox weapons become more valuable.
Career Officer
# 35
12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I made sure I had 5 26.2 consoles per character
After looking at the same thing

I think I know what elite space weapons will
Be........ Phasers just like ground weapons

I hope I'm wrong but I prepared for the worst
Hope your wrong? First of all Phasers are one of the most sought after energy type in the game and there's a good reason for that. Secondly, Fleet space weapons are a joke to begin with. I doubt they will be any better then the Advanced versions and their useless Dmgx3 modifier aka +30 at best BASE dmg aka non noticeable. Your better off going to exchange and getting some real modifiers like ACC x2/3 and some CrtH then come back and tell me how much faster you kill and how much more often you crit.

Your Welcome.
Commander
# 36
01-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Oh sigh...I remember when there were only 3 modifiers in the entire game....and now look at them.

Well, here is my suggestion. The Fleet equipment looks like it could be coolish. Only thing is it needs to compete with set equipment. So, where the sets gain greatness through synergy, the Fleet stuff should gain through versatility (e.g. exclusive improvements like the reduced cooldown on elite deflectors) that allow you to create and match your own style.

So, since Elite stuff doesn't seem flat out better (or even equal to) Advanced equipment, give them 5 MODIFIERS. 4 Regular, with the 5th being a special exclusive power.

ELITE FLEET ENGINES MK XII?

[TProc]: When recieving All Damage, improves turn rate by 20% for 10 seconds

[FullX]: -60% Power Drain when using Full Impulse + 10.6 Starship Driver Coil Skill

[EnUp]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: +10 All power levels for 10 seconds

ELITE FLEET DEFLECTORS MK XII?

[SciCD]: +15% Cooldown rate on Science Powers

[SRes]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: -15% All Damage to Shields for 20 seconds

[RegH]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: +20% Hull Hit points over 10 seconds

ELITE FLEET SHIELDS MK XII

[OffP]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: +20% Energy Damage for 30 seconds

[DefP]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: -20% Target's Energy Damage for 30 seconds

[RegS]: When recieving All Damage, 10% chance: +20% Shield Hit Points over 10 seconds

ELITE FLEET ENERGY WEAPONS MK XII

[SBrcH]: +5% chance: 1000 Kinetic Damage applied directly to target's Hull

[Proc]: +5% Energy type's chance to apply a proc (total 7.5% chance) *All energy types except for Antiproton

[EnSV]: When Firing: 10% chance: Negate All Weapon Energy Drain for 15 seconds
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Unless those Elite versions come in at least [Acc]x2 form, then you will have to pry my Mk XI [Acc]x3 beams from my cold, dead hands...

Damage is no substitute for precision.
Captain
# 38
01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Again what is the purpose of Starbase - Billion and billions of EC - thousands and thousands of man hours - 25 million+ dilthium??

The equipment should be God like!

Just seems like these things are a huge waste of resources.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
If the elite weapons are really good, which they really need to be to justify the resources needed to unlock them, I bet my last dollar forum OP ragers won't quit till they are nerfed down to uselessness
Lieutenant
# 40
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
Unless those Elite versions come in at least [Acc]x2 form, then you will have to pry my Mk XI [Acc]x3 beams from my cold, dead hands...

Damage is no substitute for precision.
Then obviously, the solution is to buff damage until it becomes a viable alternative to accuracy.