Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Yah I was pretty much aiming at snares or holds. When your teamed up with your fleet, or even if you SEE someone in your pug using some of those abilites, It can pay to hold off using your aoe until such time as they take effect.

Looks really cool too.

Yup my torpedoes are the same.

And I think, if you change the strat to use debuffs to get more crits, the crit D pays off. The reason I think that is because by reducing defense down to near zero you're gonna crit no matter what weapon you use. So the extra crit h or acc isn't needed. Especially against stationary targets. So once you've reached parity on crit events regardless of weapon type, the bigger crits win. You would probably need about a 2 to 3 ratio of crits in favor of crit h or acc before they outdamaged crit d.

So does he NEED to do the switch. Prolly not. But is he doing it cause he likes the new weapons? Go ahead and do it. Put the old weps on some other ship! Have a ball! And keep in mind that changing up playstyle and fire control a bit can have a HUGE impact on results. Far greater than just switching out weapons.

Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erPP8gt4X7M

A Budge Bortas. All common gear apart form deflector, engines, and shields. Those I got off the exchange for very cheap. Having a great time in KA and getting the job done.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 12
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
atreidesscion posted this about me ...

I run a Tor'Kaht with 3* Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg], Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg] and 4 * Disruptor Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

I'm Tac , use single ship attacks .. so THY 1 & 2 and CRF 1 & 2 .. dont like annoying things I am not aiming at etc

So good debate and thanks all .. especially thissler
Lieutenant
# 13
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi Noir!

Hope you got some good info.
Captain
# 14
01-04-2013, 03:06 AM
fleet weapons are definate improvement over [borg] weapons. I got around 10% DPS increase from them (in my case it was around 7-800 bonus DPS, so for me that was quite worth it). so if you can afford them, you should really buy them.

as for wich bonus should you chose, I recomend [acc]. it is not only useful in pve, but pvp (if you get an urge to play), and it also affects indirectly crit rate.
Captain
# 15
01-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidesscion View Post
Fleetmate of mine is swapping out his [borg] weaponry on his Fleet Tor'kaht for some Fleet Weaponry: 3x Disruptor DHCs and 1x Quantum Torps.

Question is in the thread title: better to go [ACC] or [CrtD] on those Dirsuptor DHCs?

Yes, [ACC] can add into crit chance and severity when you exceed targets' defense value, but: with just one [ACC] modifier, is that enough to get a magnitude of crit bonus that would make it more desirable than [CrtD] versus a typical STF PvE target?

I was leaning towards [ACC], but am honestly just speculating. Anyone have a more informed opinion on this?

Extra ACC only adds to severity. I'm not sure where the extra crit chance thing comes from, but I hear it repeated all the time,

In PvP, definitely ACC. In PvE, the only time you won't have 100% to hit (assuming you have the proper captain traits and skills) is against fighters and torpedoes. You'll actually get more out of CrtD or CrtH against most ships, I prefer CrtD on tactical, and CrtH on Sci/Eng.

Regardless of what you choose, the actual damage variance is extremely small. So it doesn't really matter.
Captain
# 16
01-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Extra ACC only adds to severity. I'm not sure where the extra crit chance thing comes from, but I hear it repeated all the time.
From http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=218935
And http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=227299
And also http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/6...era-stoked-76/
Captain
# 17
01-07-2013, 02:41 AM
I guess your right. My testing has shown no critical increase outside of error variances, so it must be very small.
Career Officer
# 18
01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Interesting reading. There's still an assumption in there. It states that ships will be running the highest defense possible, but doesn't mention that you can never overcome that with [acc]. You just can't. You can improve your chances sure. So your autofire might hit a bit more and proc some cool defensese for your target. Not a great outcome.

In PvP you can use abilities to lower your targets defense to zero. Keep that number in mind. You can decrease your targets defense from 180 to zero. What do you think, as a guess, would cause the greatest change in your ships Acc vs Def calculation? Adding ten to your Acc value, or decreasing your targets Def value to zero? So no matter what textbook percentage increase you get from acc, that increase has no practical value outside of PERHAPS PvE.

And we all pretty much agree on PvE. And you can still wreck what little defense those npcs have.

If you honestly aren't sure of the value of that tactic in PvP or how it is accomplished just ask.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 19
01-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Ok when you are always hitting your target, this is how the different mod stacks up as far as dps goes. [Dmg] > [CrtH] > [Acc] > [CrtD]. Now the second you start missing [Acc] will jump to number one. (It will be better for your dps to lower your targets Def instead of raise you Acc.)

Now going to the fleet weapons will get you more dps because they are ?Ultra Rare? this will give you +2.5% of base damage, and fleet weapons have [Dmg]x3 which will give you +15% of base damage.

For DHC at 125 weapons power that is about 51 dps, for turrets it is about 26 dps (no buffs). Now you can?t have a 4th [Dmg] so [CrtH] would be the best.

Now I am not sure about this part but using DC instead of DHC will lose you about 1% of you dps but you should gain about 7% from having more Dis weapon proc. If you have 3 turrets and 3 DHC you should get 9 procs a min but with 3 turrets and 3 DC you should get 12 procs a min. the increase in proc will also help you team mates damage.
I am @allenlabarge in game
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
If you know what your doing you and a team can easily compleet elite space stfs with white mk XI gear. Honestly no mod is a necisery mod. They are just nice to have.

When choosing between mods the [acc] beats all, and [borg] is beaten by all. End of story.