Ensign
# 11
01-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Taxes are for leaders mostly who have a personal agenda of their own, never for the benefit of the members in the lower ranks. I have played with taxes and guess what?, "never helped me one bit in rank advancement or my personal game skills but did make the powerful players more powerful."
Career Officer
# 12
01-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaladar View Post
I know a lot of people would hate it but the Dilithium costs for several projects are staggering and there are always people who never contribute Dilithium to any project but happily grab provisions from the store.

So a limited taxation system that would allow fleets to gather ressources without being too painful for some members and also not letting people who usually contribute nothing off the hook so easily sounds fair to me.

Example a fleet could set a Dilithium tax in percentage to any dilithium earned from missions, assignments and reputation-cash-ins.

I know a lot of people hate taxes and no one likes paying them but the donation system is also not fair to players.

BARAK? Is that you?
When did you start playing STO?
Captain
# 13
01-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnahee View Post
Taxes are for leaders mostly who have a personal agenda of their own, never for the benefit of the members in the lower ranks. I have played with taxes and guess what?, "never helped me one bit in rank advancement or my personal game skills but did make the powerful players more powerful."
How does, say, automatically depositing 1 in every 10 Dilthium earned into a randomly chosen Starbase or Embassy project help the "powerful" more than the "lower ranks"?
Captain
# 14
01-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
How does, say, automatically depositing 1 in every 10 Dilthium earned into a randomly chosen Starbase or Embassy project help the "powerful" more than the "lower ranks"?
This is the whole problem with starbases - they have made fleets into a gated content system where you are building the king his space castle.

What if someone wants to be part of the fleet for the original reasons they were created such as the social aspect and has zero interest in the stores?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
01-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Isn't that sorta obvious? Because it's the higher ranks that have access to the new shinys. Whenever I create a new toon I remain fleetless and always get invites into random fleets so I go and check them out. 90% are very top heavy and only maybe the top 5% have access to the fleet stores. Taxing the whole fleet for the benefit of the senior members is a very bad idea....
Lieutenant
# 16
01-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Isn't that sorta obvious? Because it's the higher ranks that have access to the new shinys. Whenever I create a new toon I remain fleetless and always get invites into random fleets so I go and check them out. 90% are very top heavy and only maybe the top 5% have access to the fleet stores. Taxing the whole fleet for the benefit of the senior members is a very bad idea....
Not that I support this idea, but tie the tax to store access. That's obvious isn't it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
01-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyprimrose View Post
Not that I support this idea, but tie the tax to store access. That's obvious isn't it?
That solves the issue of power hungry fleet management, but I still think the whole tax idea is a bad one.
Lieutenant
# 18
01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascaladar View Post
I know a lot of people would hate it but the Dilithium costs for several projects are staggering and there are always people who never contribute Dilithium to any project but happily grab provisions from the store.

So a limited taxation system that would allow fleets to gather ressources without being too painful for some members and also not letting people who usually contribute nothing off the hook so easily sounds fair to me.

Example a fleet could set a Dilithium tax in percentage to any dilithium earned from missions, assignments and reputation-cash-ins.

I know a lot of people hate taxes and no one likes paying them but the donation system is also not fair to players.
City of Heroes did this in a very smart way. You joined a Super Group, and then you entered SuperGroup mode where a percentage of all your earnings (loot, experience, or in our case dilithium) was AUTOMATICALY moved to the Super Group.

It prevents drama, exploitation, and a lot of bad behavior is eliminated with an automatic system like this.

In fact, the whole Fleet Provision system should be scuttled and something more like the above put in its place.
Republic Veteran
# 19
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
No taxation without representation!!

Career Officer
# 20
01-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Yea.... NO!

Very simple...

I am here to ENOJY the game, and spend the resources I, as in ME, decided to spend, and I would not want a single of my fleet members being forced to anything other.

I will dissolve my fleet, before I support this stupid idea.

If you want to pay taxes in a game, make your own.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports