# 11
01-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Do not use energy weapons on a B'rel
Torpedos for and maybe a torpedo and mines aft
It's what I used until I got the breen ship
Wrong..............

I fly a B'rel with energy wpns and find it very viable as a matter of fact I find it better than 90% of the so called torp boats out there but there are those select few who know how to
run a torp boat but that does not include me but to say "Do not use energy wpns on a B'rel"
is just misinformation it is a very viable alternative to the torp or mine boat if you know
how to fly it.
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Seek out Emo Joes threads on the B'rel. Use more than just torps and mines, also use consoles like the GpG, Isometric and other devices to cripple or hurt your foe.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 13
01-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Minis Torp Energy Combo is interesting... and it can be fun to fly... but it is also the most likely build combo to get you killed...wouldn't suggest it for a newer player for sure. Its more something to tinker with when you get bored.

Dank is right energy on a brel works very well... the brel is the only ship in the game with a proper cloak... you can heal as you cloak meaning you are much less likely to blow up. However he (if I am not mistaken) goes full energy. IMO anyway the brel works best one way or the other... full energy of full kinetic. I have way to many toons... I have Tac and Sci brel torp boats... and a tac brel energy build on another tac. They are all fun.... when I have been bored I have flow with a setup more like Minis... fun but decloaking with so many Burst weapons makes for lots of issues surviving if your first run doesn't end someone.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 14
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
fun but decloaking with so many Burst weapons makes for lots of issues surviving if your first run doesn't end someone.
I can imagine... if I were going to try for a full energy build I wouldn't be bothering with the B'rel, the hegh'ta is more durable and thus more suited to that style of play from my limited experience.

Thanks for all the builds posted here, I'll play with a few of them and see what I come out with
Career Officer
# 15
01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Seek out Emo Joes threads on the B'rel. Use more than just torps and mines, also use consoles like the GpG, Isometric and other devices to cripple or hurt your foe.
Here it is:

Ultimate Brel Build: Spike Killer

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=269611

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Here it is:

Ultimate Brel Build: Spike Killer

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=269611

It is a specialized build for a specialized Vessel from a special player.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Before becoming a little more experienced, only Mini and that damned romulan, Stardagger, were able to vaporize me every time in a single pass at Ker'rat! Damn!
Two awesome players, they are missed...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Lieutenant
# 18
01-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I can imagine... if I were going to try for a full energy build I wouldn't be bothering with the B'rel, the hegh'ta is more durable and thus more suited to that style of play from my limited experience.

Thanks for all the builds posted here, I'll play with a few of them and see what I come out with
Not really the hegh'ta only has 1,500 more base hull same shield mod more crew but the
B'rel makes up for it with better turn rate and the EBC, I used to feel the same way about
the hegh but have since changed my outlook and actully feel more survivable in my B'rel.

And yes I do use a straight energy setup...........
Career Officer
# 19
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
I heart the glass B'rel retrofit.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.