Lt. Commander
# 21
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
C'mon guys...really!?!?! a skill that allows you fire more torps? Thats not a skill thing, thats an equipment thing. Its a physical limiotation, not a skill or intellectual limitation when operating the system. Thats like saying BO Lt. Uber Skillz can make his phasers travel faster in vacuum of space as his skills improve. Or Ensign Lamme Modal increases the number of fighters the carrier can hold as his skills increase.

Dont just accept any cheesy and gamey feature just because it follows typical MMO methodology.
Honestly? Not much actual "skill" a tactical officer has in space. He presses a button to lock onto a ship, presses another to fire a weapon. You can't really build from there. Maybe "expert timing" which allows him to fire the weapons at just the right time to hit a system and do the most damage, but that's about it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Honestly? Not much actual "skill" a tactical officer has in space. He presses a button to lock onto a ship, presses another to fire a weapon. You can't really build from there. Maybe "expert timing" which allows him to fire the weapons at just the right time to hit a system and do the most damage, but that's about it.
How about a maneuver, or a reconfiguration of a torpedo spread matrix, or a deflector dish trick, or faster recharge time for torpedoes. or better accuracy or hit rate. better cloak detect or sensor skills. weakness spotting. enhanced knowledge of weaknesses in certain vessels, I could go on and on and on

Something that a skilled tactical officer would give to the ship as apposed to an ok tactical officer.

This is a Sci-Fi, not a fantasy. Things have to make sence and follow realistic laws. Why a skilled tactical officer adds a torpedo is unexplained. If they can explain this I can except it.

But in star trek the unbelievable is made believable through a sci-fi explanation. There are plenty of bonus's that make sence that they could use. Why they would choose something that makes no sence at all is beyond me given the huge amount of logical bonus's available with a simple brainstorm given the guideline to make it realistic in a sci-fi setting as strict as star treks. Everything at least is based in theory.
Lt. Commander
# 23 UI
09-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi Guys

Nice article and interesting screen shots... But its def... SFC... based combat system. It looks better than SFC but I donít know where they going to get the depth from. All nice pretty buttons ware off after the first few hours then one look for satisfaction.

I was hoping for Bridge Commander external camera system... Not SFC... it took the wind out of my sails abit. .. Also the macro transactions... that just means to me... they not thinking out of the box on this one. I am expecting to have to buy equipment outside of game (to a limited extent) for use in the game. Then also ... have to buy expansions for it...

I will play the game... But I donít think it will hold me..!