Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Commander
Seriously, what gives? A tac console? That's it? If you want the KDF to have a competitive science ship, we need one that has at least 3 tactical powers. A single Lt. Tac doesn't cut it.

Suggestion: Swap the Ensign Eng slot to Tactical, or swap the Lt. Com science power onto the Lt. tactical slot, to make it more balanced. Right now, this ship is all science and engineering...which makes it useless when you have an Orb Weaver.

In short, a lockbox ship shouldn't be the only real option the KDF has for a good, useful science ship.

Last edited by aethon3050; 01-07-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Well, the fleet versions of most T5 ships don't differ from the "basic" model in terms of BO layout so it's hardly surprising this isn't the case with the Varanus.
However Cryptic has yet to add Fleet versions of the Corsair and Draguas to the Fleet Store.
There's a pretty good chance those two will be quite different in terms of focus than the Varanus.
Commander
# 3
01-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Two things.

First off, the Varanus is the beauty queen of the Gorn fleet; if anything, THAT should be the good one. Why make us fly the ugly ones to have good stats?

Second, there are plenty of ships on both sides with totally different boff layouts on their fleet versions (hell, look at the Fleet Vor'Cha; that thing is a totally different beast than its non-fleet counterpart). Why not the Varanus?

If you want a good KDF science ship, you're still stuck using a lockbox ship; this is just wrong, and really needs to be addressed.
Career Officer
# 4
01-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
Two things.

First off, the Varanus is the beauty queen of the Gorn fleet; if anything, THAT should be the good one. Why make us fly the ugly ones to have good stats?
Who are you or me to decide which ship is pretty or ugly and thus "deserves" good stats?

Besides I don't think the setup is bad anyway.

Quote:
Second, there are plenty of ships on both sides with totally different boff layouts on their fleet versions (hell, look at the Fleet Vor'Cha; that thing is a totally different beast than its non-fleet counterpart). Why not the Varanus?
If by "plenty" you mean three (the Fleet Patrol, Fleet Negh'var and Fleet Vor'cha)...this seems to be mostly intended to avoid redundancies.
The Fleet K't'inga already has the same BO layout as the T5 Vor'cha so there would have been no point in a Fleet Vor'cha with the same layout.

Quote:
If you want a good KDF science ship, you're still stuck using a lockbox ship; this is just wrong, and really needs to be addressed.
I agree they need to do something about it, which is why I made a thread about Klingon scouts and I think there's still a good chance the other two Gorn ships will get different stats on their fleet versions.
That you don't like their looks...I'm afraid that can't be helped.
Commander
# 5
01-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Who are you or me to decide which ship is pretty or ugly and thus "deserves" good stats?

Besides I don't think the setup is bad anyway.

If by "plenty" you mean three (the Fleet Patrol, Fleet Negh'var and Fleet Vor'cha)...this seems to be mostly intended to avoid redundancies.
The Fleet K't'inga already has the same BO layout as the T5 Vor'cha so there would have been no point in a Fleet Vor'cha with the same layout.

I agree they need to do something about it, which is why I made a thread about Klingon scouts and I think there's still a good chance the other two Gorn ships will get different stats on their fleet versions.
That you don't like their looks...I'm afraid that can't be helped.

While looks are subjective to personal opinion, I've yet to hear anyone say they preferred the look of the Phalanx or Draguas to the Varanus; I'm not saying this person isn't out there, but they certainly seem to be the minority; thus why I said what I said.

I'm mainly talking about science ships here, so take a look at all the different NICE layouts on the Fed science ships. You have one with four tactical consoles and 3 tac powers, and you have another with three tactical consoles and a Lt. Com tactical. Considering how important damage output is in this game, this effectively makes both of those ships...as well as the lockbox ships...far more useful in most situations than the Fleet Varanus.

What I'm asking for is a ship that is generally useful, not a niche ship that only performs well when you build it one specific way.

I like your scout ships idea, btw; I'd definitely love to see that happen at some point.
Career Officer
# 6
01-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I just thought I'd mention that Science has proven looks to not be subject entirely to personal opinion. There is in fact objective beauty. Wierd.

And the state of KDF Sci ships is entirely dire. This may go back to the old BoP's and Carriers as ersatz science ships that the game started with. (remember that one?) Toss those ships into the mix and you see that the KDF is doing quite well on multipurpose Sci Ships. We may not agree with the concept of a cloaked sci bombing run raider, but it exists in the game as a fact.

That being said, I think all the Gorn ships are pretty and I would love to have one with 3 tac abilites in any combination.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 7
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
You know, if the Fleet Varanus had a LtC tac slot and NO OTHER CHANGES, it'd be worth it.
Rihannsu
# 8
01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
What I'm asking for is a ship that is generally useful, not a niche ship that only performs well when you build it one specific way.
No, you are asking for another Tactical ship.

The Varanus is a science ship and I am starting to get fed up with Kirks that will not bother looking past of its Tactical stations and slots layout.

Its a specialized support ship, its not a tactical cruiser and its certainly not a Vesta.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
sorry guys but ur wasting ur time feds will always get the sweeter deal it all goes back to stahls bang for buck model.

i lost hope long ago that the kdf would be treated as a equal faction. feds will always get better and more ships than kdf. the only light at the end of the tunnel is lock box ship :-(
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, you are asking for another Tactical ship.

The Varanus is a science ship and I am starting to get fed up with Kirks that will not bother looking past of its Tactical stations and slots layout.

Its a specialized support ship, its not a tactical cruiser and its certainly not a Vesta.
no hes asking for a ship equal to the feds