Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Rihannsu
# 21
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Fleet DSSV comes with 5 science consoles. Which makes way more sense.
The Fleet Intrepid have the exact same console layout as the Fleet Varanus, it also gained a 3rd Tactical console but no changes in BO Layout, still a Lt. Tactical.
Captain
# 22
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Once again: the Varanus has.no.special.console.
Its repair platform ability is entirely built-in.
There is no console.
... That's flat-out wrong, unless there's some weird legacy ship issue going on. I have two characters that occasionally use a Varanus, and they sure as heck have a Repair Platform console. The console is Varanus-only, not universal.
Captain
# 23
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The Fleet Intrepid have the exact same console layout as the Fleet Varanus, it also gained a 3rd Tactical console but no changes in BO Layout, still a Lt. Tactical.
Well, except the Intrepid has an ensign Sci rather than Eng, but your point stands.

I suppose in the end, I would say the extra tac console is somewhat nice, but not a primary motivation to get the ship. I just wish there was a KDF ship that did the same '5 sci slots!' thing, but what can you do.

Fleet Varanus gets a shield a scootch better than non-fleet Fed sci ships, which is... better, I guess! And better hulls. And a little more damage.

Too bad the old kinetic tac console thing doesn't work any more, or it'd be more exciting.
Commander
# 24
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
The Fleet Corsair makes a descent sci ship, four sci consoles, and a Sci lt. and a Sci lt. Commander bridge officers and it can equipt tacyon drones or interceptors which have a bit of the sci feel. Plus you can stick AUX power boosting consoles in its four engireering consoles, boosting your 5 sci powers. Guess you could do that with the Vanarus as well.
Career Officer
# 25
01-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
... That's flat-out wrong, unless there's some weird legacy ship issue going on. I have two characters that occasionally use a Varanus, and they sure as heck have a Repair Platform console. The console is Varanus-only, not universal.
It might be a legacy issue, but I don't post BS on the forums:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5391/rep001.jpg

I don't even know what the icon for that console is supposed to look like (though I guess it looks like the icon for the ability) because I have never seen it for obvious reasons.
Captain
# 26
01-08-2013, 02:40 AM
I trusted you. I read about it being a "grandfathered" thing.
Career Officer
# 27
01-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Thank you.
I seem to be rather grumpy today.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
01-08-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
What do you mean by equal? Don't you mean "identical in every way"?
The Varanus has a BO layout equal to that of the FDSSV and a console layout equal to the FSV.
It's just not a carbon-copy any more.
not a exact copy but atleast a ship that can go toe to toe.
Career Officer
# 29
01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
Seriously, what gives? A tac console? That's it? If you want the KDF to have a competitive science ship, we need one that has at least 3 tactical powers. A single Lt. Tac doesn't cut it.

Suggestion: Swap the Ensign Eng slot to Tactical, or swap the Lt. Com science power onto the Lt. tactical slot, to make it more balanced. Right now, this ship is all science and engineering...which makes it useless when you have an Orb Weaver.

In short, a lockbox ship shouldn't be the only real option the KDF has for a good, useful science ship.
I don't get it.. you want a competitive science ship...

But.. want more tactical stations...

It's one of the best pure science ships KDF has access to... nothing KDF side can compete to it on a science level....

I say leave it as is.. if you believe an Orb Weaver is better... go fly an Orb Weaver...

If you're trying to get a ship that has the Weaver layout and free hull drones..well...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 30
01-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
It might be a legacy issue, but I don't post BS on the forums:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5391/rep001.jpg

I don't even know what the icon for that console is supposed to look like (though I guess it looks like the icon for the ability) because I have never seen it for obvious reasons.
Okay I just don't believe your information is current. I don't believe as the only source for this information is you, and you keep referencing the Fleet version, yet you are posting the original version. So I'm not really sure where your getting this information.

My fleet version came with a console.

Also I've dismissed and recalled my original version, still get a console. So I'll hazard a guess that your information is out of date.

I've also opened a ticket for you. I hope they can help you out.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.