Lieutenant
# 31
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
PH used to work but it does seem bugged during the romulan patrol with aux up in 3 different encounters it failed to break tractor beam, even when activated in advanced.

In all STF's I have done of late it fails to work as well.

APO does work and evasive does sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
ive never have had a issue with PH working on a STF and i can get out of most situations with tractor mines too . possible its how your specd .
Ensign
# 33
01-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Polarize Hull has literally never failed me, and I use it at rank 1. You could be bugged, particularly given that the word "immunity" is used in relation to tractor beam in the spell description, but I'm no expert.

Also bear in mind that rank 1 gives you +37 damage resistance for 15 seconds. That's not too shabby, IMO.
Captain
# 34
01-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesllewellyn View Post
PH used to work but it does seem bugged during the romulan patrol with aux up in 3 different encounters it failed to break tractor beam, even when activated in advanced.

In all STF's I have done of late it fails to work as well.

APO does work and evasive does sometimes.
Probably what you are seeing is enemies with higher level of expertise and strength with tractors. Try using PH in PvP against a sci-spec'd enemy. If the guys is skilled in it, even a PH2 wont break you free. The biggest misconception in the game is probably that PH automatically breaks tractor holds, they don't, they can negate its effectiveness based on the difference between the PH user and the tractor user.