Captain
# 11
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
Could he also have the unneeded actors spawn in a nearby moon or station and get them stuck in the geometry?
That could be problematic if the goal is to destroy that mob.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-02-2013, 03:44 PM
since it was an ally, that may not be a problem. but if the ally is supposed to die (which is risky to pull off) you could have a very strong enemy mobs hidden in that moon too
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
And as far as I know you can't set a "friendlies destroyed" objective. You can do component complete triggers (i think) but that's it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 14
01-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Could he also have the unneeded actors spawn in a nearby moon or station and get them stuck in the geometry?
That doesn't always work, at least not in my experience. I tried spawning extras inside a moon once. Sometimes they would end up firing at you from "inside" the moon. Other times they would manage to escape from the moon and either start fighting or run away.
Captain
# 15
01-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Placing ships inside objects doesn't work except under very limited circumstances. If the game detects members of a mob (space or ground) inside an object it will teleport them to another location.

The only way around this I have found is to start the map in combat with the ship; in other words the initial spawn pont is inside the mob's range circle. This will lock the enemy ship in place and can be used for fighting space stations or bombarding planetary targets. The combat must start right away, however, as otherwise the ship will be moved.