Starfleet Veteran
# 3761
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
*Daniel walks in.*

Daniel: The Doc is running tests on Sam, and we've brought in a telepath to run a psyche eval.

The Doc says that the process seems to have been perfected. That clone has Sam's memories and seems to be stable, mentally. No Omega Signatures either.

I have to check in on a Base O.S.S. is running, but I'll see what I can do on getting more intel on Drake's Op.

*OOC: You weren't here for this, but I'm actually running Drake's character. Just giving you a heads up.*

*Daniel walks into the Republic's Situation Room and seals the door. The lights dim as holographic screens activate all around him. The table generates a 3D holographic representation of a Republic facility. There's a strange cube in a metal ring in the centre.*

Daniel: This is Mason.

Man *Over comm.*: Director? Sorry sir, weren't expecting you this soon.

Daniel: Report.

Man *Over comm.*: The Tesseract started generating power, sir.

Daniel: Michaels wasn't authorised to go to Stage 2.

Man *Over comm.*: He didn't. The Cube activated on its own - completely spontaneous.

Daniel: Begin moving Phase 2 to the Delta Facility.

Man *Over comm.*: Sir, with all respect, is that really a priority right now?

Daniel: Until such time as the Universe ends, we will act as though it continues to spin on. You have your orders. I want everything on Level B loaded onto a transport and shipped out. Sound the Evacuation Alarm - Code 1, and patch me through to Michaels.

Man *Over comm.*: Yes, sir. You, and you, with me.

*The sound cuts and the image of a human in his 60s appears, standing in front of the cube and ring.*

Daniel: Report Doctor. At this point, what DO we know for certain?

Doctor Harry Michaels: Well... the Tesseract is... misbehaving.

Daniel: Is that meant to be funny?

Doctor Harry Michaels: No sir. The Tesseract isn't just active, it's... behaving. At the rate it's gathering energy...

Daniel: We prepared for this, Doctor. Using the power from a Black Hole.

Doctor Harry Michaels: But we don't have the harness. My calculations are far from complete.

Daniel: Stand by. I'm coming over.

*Daniel puts a small rectangular device on his arm and activates it. He sees the room change around him to the lab from the communique.

At the lab, Michaels watches as Daniel Shimmers into existence in front of him.*

Michaels: Director.

Daniel: I assume you pulled the plug?

Michaels: The Tesseract's an energy source. We turn off the lights, she turns them back on.

Daniel: Where's Agent Hawk?

Michaels: Hawk? Up in his nest.

*Two minutes later, an agent is walking with Daniel towards the cube.*

Daniel: Mike, I put you on this mission to keep an eye on things.

Hawk: I see better from a distance.

Daniel: And?

Hawk: No one's been coming or going, Michaels is clean.

*The two walk around to look at the Tesseract.*

Whatever set it off, sir, it didn't come from our end.

Daniel: Our end?

Hawk: Yeah. I mean, this thing's basically a doorway to the other end of the Universe, right? Doors open from both sides.

*The Tesseract starts to flash blue and the whole base starts to rumble. Daniel hits his combadge.*

Daniel: This is Mason. Go to Evac Code 4. Full evac, now.

*A beam of blue energy blasts from the cube into a wall and a portal begins to form. The beam terminates and the portal flashes before pulsing up towards the ceiling, leaving a blue energy field.*

Michaels?

Michaels: Energy spike. Off the scale!

*In a flash, a white-skinned man appears holding a staff. Several guards move to surround him.*

Daniel: Sir, please put the staff down!

*The man looks at the spear before blue energy flies out, swirling before blasting into each guard and Hawk, who moved to intervene. The man begins moving toward Hawk and Daniel runs towards the Tesseract, grabbing a Briefcase and placing the Tesseract inside it.

Hawk raises his phaser to fire at the man, but he grabs his wrist.*

Man: You have heart. *His eyes glow blue, and Hawk's irises turn a florescent blue. Hawk then holsters the phaser and relaxes.*

*Daniels looks stunned as the man does the same to Michaels and 2 of the other agents, before closing the briefcase and moving to leave.*

I wish you wouldn't.

*The man turns around to face Daniel, who does the same.*

I still need that.

Daniel: Who are you?

Man: I am Taras, of the Guardians.

Daniel: We have no quarrel with your people.

Taras: An ant has no quarrel with a boot.

Daniel: Do you intend to step on us?

Taras: Not at all. I come with glad tidings! I am on a mission.

Daniel: A mission to do what?

Taras: To free you!

Daniel: From what?

Taras: Freedom.

'Freedom' is your galaxy's great lie. Once you except that, you will know peace.

Daniel: Yeah... *He steps back slightly.*

You say 'peace' but, I think you mean the other thing.

Hawk: Sir, Director Mason's stalling! This place is about to blow, he intends to bury us!

Daniel: Like the Pharaohs of old.

Michaels: He's right! The portal is collapsing in on itself! It will bring this entire installation down on top of us!

*Daniel makes a move to run, but Taras shoots him down, before grabbing the case and moving towards the Shuttle Bay. Daniel tries to follow them and hits his combadge.*

Daniel: All agents, this is Mason! Agent Hawk is compromised! Repeat, Agent Hawk is compromised!

*As Daniel runs through the corridor after them, Taras turns back and fires, which Daniel barely misses when he rolls, and jumps over the debris the blasts caused.

Meanwhile, the agent Mason spoke to on the comm-link (Agent Mark Wells) tries to help some agents move some gear to the shuttlebay. The base rumbles and the agents stumble, with Wells catching them and pulling them up.*

Wells: Come on, come on. Let's go.

*The agents reach for the crates they were picking up, before Wells stops them.*

No, no! Leave it! Leave it!

*The group abandon the crates and start running for the shuttle.

Daniel manages to pursue the group of hostiles to the Hangar, where they board a shuttle and take off. Wells' group get in an evac shuttle and take off also.*

Wells *Over Comm*: We're clear, sir. You need to go.

*Daniel Jumps in a Raptor-Class Fighter and powers up. The fighters lifts off the deck and the wings swing down. An alarm goes off in the Cockpit as the asteroid starts to collapse in on itself. Daniel hits the impulse engines and takes off after Taras' shuttle.

When Daniel gets in weapons range, he opens up with the Phaser Cannons, hitting the Shuttle's Shields, but not knocking them out. The Shuttle's rear hatch opens and Taras, apparently unaffected by the vacuum, starts firing.

Daniel manges to dodge a few, still firing on the shuttle, before one hits his port wing, just of the main fuselage and the port nacelle. An alarm goes off in the cockpit as the system displays a warning on the HUD.

"WARNING: Port impulse coupling damaged. Impulse engine at 61%"*

Daniel: Damn it!

*He continues firing as a new alert comes up, signifying that the gravitational forces are increasing. Daniel watches as his forward velocity falls, while the shuttle is able to break free. The port wing shears off and the fighter begins to break up. Daniel hits his holo-presence device and disappears from the fighter. He wakes up in the Situation Room panting.*

Wells?

Wells *Over comm*: We're here. Don't know how many made it out.

Daniel: The Cube is with a hostile force! I want every living soul not working rescue hunting that briefcase!

Notify S.H.I.E.L.D. This is a level 5.

We are at war.

*Caspian Three. Santiago, Vala, Ja'ros, O'neil, a Founder, and a Breen are meeting to discuss S.H.I.E.L.D.'s new status as an independent law-enforcement organisation.*

Santiago: So, it's agreed. Each party represented here will designate one representative to join the S.H.I.E.L.D. Command Council. Director Chester will report to them.

*OOC: Okay, I say each of us take two of the factions (keep in mind the differences between each one) for S.H.I.E.L.D. Council Members.

Dibs on Republic and Klingon reps!

It may also be a good idea if each of us creates a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent character. I already have Director Chester.

And yes, 50% of this segment was ripped of The Avengers... the rest were references. *
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 3762
01-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Ooc: well I claim the romulan side. And it won't be jtal Ihave other plans for him.

Jtal is meditating on the holodeck. When he senses something wrong. A distrubance faint but like a ripple.

Ooc and if we are making avenger like characters to play as well I call iron man since you took hawk with a few changes of course.

Deep in a research station in federation space man puts on a prototype armor.
Career Officer
# 3763
01-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Jacob halsey stands in the center and activates his prototype armor as it activates it forms around him

Jacob: ok bringing all systems online.

The suit then activates around him.as it powers up.his hud soon appears as he goes through it all.

Jacob: this is wonderful.all systems check out.shields weapons sensors transport systems. If all this works this is incredible.ok let's tes this puppy out.

Last edited by logang19; 01-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Captain
# 3764
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
*OOC: I am a bit lost... a new storyline..? Crap... Man you know how to throw me off man. Anyway. I think I will have the operative Preston has out right now may be thrown out there. Preston himself I guess will be a individual that will give support to Shield and this taskforce. I do plan on making Preston a very powerful political figure very inclined to protecting the people a type of Char Aznable character except I haven't chosen to do what is typical to that type of character. Maybe a bit of a harvey dent thing, also like he said in that great film as well. I dunno yet so I doubt it. I do like how he is turning out he is different than the ones I am used to. *

Preston: *feels something off.* Gial have our operative meet up with Falleen and have them find and assess. Do not engage or get near them. Intel only.

*The operative is gonna be called the operative I have a surprise in store so lets not ruin it.*

Gial: Yes sir.

Preston: J'tal, what has you so afraid? Can you get me in touch with the veil... or a guardian. This situation is getting out of hand.
Career Officer
# 3765
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Ooc we can do both lines.

Jtal: someone is here that shouldn't be.someone who is out of place.

Meanwhile.

Roland jacobs ai : jacob long range sensors show a anomily out where a shield base was thought to be.

Jacob walks over to a terminal and let's roland into the suit

Jacob: give me its location and let's test out the suite shall we.
Captain
# 3766
01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc we can do both lines.

Jtal: someone is here that shouldn't be.someone who is out of place.

Meanwhile.

Roland jacobs ai : jacob long range sensors show a anomily out where a shield base was thought to be.

Jacob walks over to a terminal and let's roland into the suit

Jacob: give me its location and let's test out the suite shall we.
*The operative steps out of the shadows. *

Operative: *voice masking his face covered by a hard deep tinted black helmet.* Don't mind me. I am here under orders. *flashes his clearance to the AI.*
Career Officer
# 3767
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The operative steps out of the shadows. *

Operative: *voice masking his face covered by a hard deep tinted black helmet.* Don't mind me. I am here under orders. *flashes his clearance to the AI.*

Jacob soon appears

Jacob: roland test is good let's go and

Sees the agent

Jacob: who are you and what do you want.
Captain
# 3768
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Jacob soon appears

Jacob: roland test is good let's go and

Sees the agent

Jacob: who are you and what do you want.
Op: I was sent by Admiral Preston. If you want my clearance level *taps a couple buttons on his omni tool. showing his max clearance.* I also have our orders. .. My name.. is Operative.
Career Officer
# 3769
01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Op: I was sent by Admiral Preston. If you want my clearance level *taps a couple buttons on his omni tool. showing his max clearance.* I also have our orders. .. My name.. is Operative.
Jacob looks at the man.

Jacob: what do you mean by our orders Idont work for shield or starfleet any more on both counts.there is a reason I'm out here in the middle of no where building researching and visiting starbases with nice women. And it ain't cause I'm an officer.
Career Officer
# 3770
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Jacob looks at the agent as the armor moves away to reveal his face.

Jacob : I'm freelance for a reason. I'm rich can do what Iwant on my time and don't answer to anyone.and you know what Iplan on keeping it that way.

Jacob looks at the agent for a moment as the armor covers his face again.

Jacob: so unless you have something for me or to show me id just leave and save us all the problem. Ok.

Roland in his suit: shouldn't we at least listen

Jacob: no.

He starts to walk to the door