Lieutenant
# 1 Fire at will accuracy bug?
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi folks,

I remember there was a post in the past about accuracy bonuses not being properly applied when using Fire-at-will power.

The reason I'm asking is because I recently acquired Phaser Beam arrays with ACC x3 and I tested it with ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker). During my testing, I noticed that the "to Hit" % increased on the phaser beam array with the accuracy bonuses but the "to Hit" % remained around 85 to 87% when Fire-at-will power is activated regardless of what type of phaser beam array I used. In my case, I compared it to a phaser beam array with Damage X3.

In a nutshell, there was a difference in the "hit" % between the ACCx3 and DMG X3 phaser arrays when no powers were being used, but when Fire-at-will was activated the "hit"% was roughly the same.

Does that mean the accuracy bonus the Phaser beam array is not being applied?

Anyone else notice this?
Captain
# 2
12-13-2012, 06:44 PM
From my understanding due to a limitation in the game engine FaW has its own set internal accuracy that is not modified by anything but I could be wrong.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-14-2012, 06:59 AM
I notice, as I FAW with all my cruisers, that the arrays miss a decent amount too. Not into the math or such on my end, but it does seem a bit odd that FAW wouldn't be modified for accuracy, with weapons that have accuracy in the first place. Not that I'll complain too much, rather I make the Spock eye squint about it all a tad.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93314053000&dateline=  1378014577
Career Officer
# 4
12-25-2012, 07:04 AM
They really should un-nerf beams since DHC's far out do them now. I mean far.... miles and miles ahead in DPS or atleast make them stronger for cruisers or something that way cruisers can actually be worth a look or two.

Once BFAW came out they nerfed the happy hell out of beams since they just shredded players like they were paper but with soooo much whining and crying and nerfing going on at the slightest provocation I'm not surprised the accuracy of BFAW is like none. I used BFAW accx3 with an accurate traited captain and I could barely shoot down a plasma torp i had to actually kick in evasive and run from it before i got it with a spread. so i 100% believe you
Lieutenant
# 5
12-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Just recalling the history of BFAW. Originally it targets randomly but always hit the target, but this power was rarely used except to clear spam. Later they revamped it so that it was more useful as it hits the primary target more with additional beams hitting random targets with the beam's arc. This version was super powerful as it had 100% accuracy and was effective in totally clearing spam and shredding enemy's shields. Mines, fighters, targetable torpedoes were totally useless when BFAW was deployed. People complained so they made so that BFAW ability has a chance to miss. However, the chance of missing target was quite high. I seem like the accuracy bonuses were not being applied at all. Since then the accuracy of this skill has improved but it still do not think it uses the same mechanics as regular beam fire as it is not applying all the accuracy bonuses as regular fire. The "to hit" % is almost always lower with BFAW compare to regular fire.

Is this "working as intended" or is this an error?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Cruisers need all the love they can get. Devs please fix FAW. I've had numerous occasions, similar to a fellow poster above, where BFAW couldn't hit a slow moving plasma torp even though I initiated it immediately upon seeing the torp spawn. As a tank cruiser, i dont often have the luxury of Evas Man since I need to maintain as much firing time as possible on the main target due to BA's low dps.

Even with the +Th console most times tank cruisers need to remain 'in position' to provide consistent fire power focused on the main target to maintain aggro. This often means that we manually target the torp, or use FAW, and pray for a hit, which doesnt happen as often as it should even with ACC weapons.
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-05-2013, 06:21 AM
I agree, BFaw is fawked up.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 8
01-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I still find it quite useful and do use it on most of my cruisers but it could use a slight boost. Maybe a simple flat 5% increase in accuracy or damage dor the duration or something. I won't want it to go back to being the "I win" button it was in the beginning.
Career Officer
# 9
01-08-2013, 05:33 AM
I made note of this elsewhere but oddly the old BFaW used to be 100% accuracy, it always hit and was fixed, as it should have been, but enemies seem to still use this old ability because they always hit with BFaW according to combat logs.