11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
2 days later... no reply to ticket.
First tickets do not show up in records, ticket:
REFERENCE: 121117-000794
DATE SUBMITTED: 11/17/2012
Lieutenant
# 222
01-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Still a problem. Can't beam down to Starbase 114. And this bug's been in the game for how long now? And it still isn't fixed?
A map of known space, circa 2405 <--- Note where Iconia is. It's nowhere near Starbase 39.
Ensign
# 223
01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Saturday's Child - The Princess and the Klingon- Couldn't Transfer Character when I try to beam down to the planet.

Tried Normal and Safe login both failed. Tried to restart from the beginning of the episode, doesn't make a difference. Boots me out to the login screen every time. It's something to do with the server content or the connections. Perhaps load balancing on the client/server?

Anyway, I've given up on trying to get into it for now- I'll wait till there's some forward movement on this, and if there isn't by the time my subscription goes to renew I'll be cancelling it. I've been reading through all of the posts on the forums about this same issue, and some of them are pretty old- makes me think Cryptic/Perfect World isn't too interested in keeping customers if they're not paying attention and responding to the issues accordingly. I'm actually amused at some of the "pat answers" coming from the service responses... If one person calls you a horse, you can probably ignore it safely. If 50 people call you a horse, perhaps it's time to start looking for a saddle.

PS - for all the fanbois/gurls: Posting feedback on errors in this game isn't a forum whine, it's customers letting the company know something needs to be addressed. If it's not being addressed, the customers take their money elsewhere- simple. If it's not addressed, eventually the company loses all their customers and you will eventually lose the game too. It's a business after all. Funny how that works, huh?
Lieutenant
# 224
01-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Encountered same bug when replaying the Featured Series, in this case the Cold Comfort story. When attempting to beam in Raveh II System, I got the "Couldn't Transfer Character" as well. Tried to re-log, restart STO, dropped the mission and hailed again but no joy. In short: i'm stuck again(!) with the lobi/accolade hunt in this series.

[cynic]
Working as intended? Cuz every time we get the same old annoying bugs back in this game
[/cynic]
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Lieutenant
# 225
01-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Oh well, guess what? Can't finish Cold Case as well, cuzz the story continues to Raveh System. Same error occurs, ending in the logging screen again.
Ensign
# 226
01-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Also got that problem with starbase 114, anybody having the issue when you beam down to New Romulas, you end up with no away team??...or is that a me thing??
Rihannsu
# 227
01-08-2013, 06:52 AM
It's a server timeout issue. this is what happens when you get a disconnect due to lag while trying to map transfer.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 228
01-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's a server timeout issue. this is what happens when you get a disconnect due to lag while trying to map transfer.
Nope, haven't seen any 'not responding' message. As soon the game want to load the map, I instantly get a error and the only thing I can see after this message is the log-in screen.
Career Officer
This not a perfect solution but at least you can get the mission done. Restart Star Trek Online in Safe Mode and this should allow you to continue. This just worked for me now on Saturday's Child
Ensign
# 230
01-08-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm not buying the lag disconnect thing. If it was lag- it would be consistent with any map- not just one in particular. (at least, you would think)

Another workaround- this might help anyone having issues getting stuck on a particular mission- just go into your Episodes and SKIP it and drop the mission- then move onto the next one. Works perfectly fine although you can't claim the rewards/skill points until you go back and complete it (if it ever gets fixed)

Ok, small rant- I think it's rather stupid that we have to skip content if we're subscribing to the game- sort of defeats the purpose of paying for the experience in the first place, IMO