Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Norgh Follies
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
So I purchased a Fleet Norgh. I had spent the bulk of the previous year in a Heavy. Nice ship. I dabbled in PvP a bit here and there.

I like both ships but I think I will stick to the Norgh for the time being. I'ts super tuff and rugged, and that extra Lt Cmdr slot is quite the game changer.

I purchased Fraps and took some screen captures of my ship. Here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINTlwpVAz8

Maybe if anyone else has a Fleet Norgh this could give them ideas of ways to have fun.

Cheers and happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 2
01-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Enthrauled as ever thissler any chance of build tips currently running a heavy bop with BO And dhcs seem to be able to pop everything but tank concentrated cruisers and things which can move faster than my BO
Captain
# 3
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Well, at first I was shocked when I saw the stats of the Fleet Norgh, but on a second thought hullpoints don't really matter anyway when flying a BoP: You are always toast when shields drop, no matter if you fly a Norgh, B'rel or a Fleet Hoh'Sus. I think in the end it all comes down to personal preferences when choosing a BoP, be it one with another tac console, an enhanced cloak or another LtC BOff power.

I will stay with my Hoh'Sus for now, but if I can think of a good build (which is not just a copy of Thisslers BoP of Doom ) I may purchase a Norgh.
Career Officer
# 4
01-08-2013, 08:21 AM
For a tactical solution I've found its all about optimizing that 20 seconds out of cloak. For me it's beam overload and torpedeos as it's pretty hard to 'surprise' someone with cannon fire. That plink plink plink on someones shields sometimes wakes up those sleepy captains. It may not SEEM like a long time, but 5 seconds vs 2 seconds is pretty huge in PVP. I like to be running away LONG before the 5 second mark!

That being said DHC's work wonders when you've been watching a targets buff cycle or a friendly Sci or Eng came along and helped you out with some debuffing action.

But for SURE what Bird you choose is all about what you like to do!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 5
01-08-2013, 08:38 AM
I run dual beam 3 dhc and 2 turrets with crf 1 and 2 apb3 then BO3 on the other tac

I was think about switching to BO 3 with 2 x crf 1 and a torpedo high yield 3 instead would you recommend dual cannons instead of dhc
Career Officer
# 6
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I run dual beam 3 dhc and 2 turrets with crf 1 and 2 apb3 then BO3 on the other tac

I was think about switching to BO 3 with 2 x crf 1 and a torpedo high yield 3 instead would you recommend dual cannons instead of dhc
Dual Heavies would be the way to go. Is there Omega 3 at the top there somewhere? Like in the commander slot? Ah no I see. You're using the beta debuff with the cannons. Roger that.

I don't use my cannons much. It LOOKS like a bit of cannon fire is making its way to the target when I alpha, but thats really just due to the delay in the "firing" of Beam Overload. I've fired the torpedo. Those are on the way. Then I'll trigger the overload, and you'll see a couple of cannons shots before the overload animation.

Just saying. In case it looked like I was using a CRF or something in there. Choice of tactics I would say!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 7
01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks again I must admit when I was just using cannons there shield just seemed to heal around my cannon shots as soon as I started usin beam overload the results were amazing and I started usin that thanks to your vids
Career Officer
# 8
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
If I've helped one klingon warrior in his quest to send federation captains to the great club 47 in the sky, I call it mission accomplished.

Is it club 47? I forget.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Commander
# 9
01-10-2013, 07:09 AM
The Fleet Norgh and Hohsus are both quite decent, what really bugs me is the Fleet B'Rel.

It's a T5 ship, and what does it get compared to the ordinary B'Rel?
Hull like the Hohsus.
Shield power it has no use for whatsoever. The shields are offline 95% of the time.
An Engineering console, so better armor or an additional universal console - compared to the Hohsus 4th Tactical console and Norghs BOff ability.

The Hohsus also has a bigger crew complement.

Not sure if it's Cryptics plan to have T4 ships in the same class that are strictly better than the T5 ones.
I suspect it's just KDF getting screwed over once again.
Captain
# 10
01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
So I purchased a Fleet Norgh. I had spent the bulk of the previous year in a Heavy. Nice ship. I dabbled in PvP a bit here and there.

I like both ships but I think I will stick to the Norgh for the time being. I'ts super tuff and rugged, and that extra Lt Cmdr slot is quite the game changer.

I purchased Fraps and took some screen captures of my ship. Here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINTlwpVAz8

Maybe if anyone else has a Fleet Norgh this could give them ideas of ways to have fun.

Cheers and happy flying!

Very nice video.

If anything it shows that this game is best enjoyed when its not so damn fast. Slow motion in the video is great to see the action but just IMAGINE if the game was about 25% faster than the video itself. It would make for incredible and very tactical combat and would TRULY bring out the graphic power of the game.

Instead however, things zoom by at ridiculous speeds and one is forced to ignore the ships,graphics and explosions just to focus on moving, firing and watching your shields and the target's. Its a chore more than a game.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg