Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
/signed +1.

Sometimes when I switch between ships the BOffs Assignments and the Ability Icons in the Power Tray (from Captain, BOffs, Gear, Devices, Set Powers, Inventory Items, Pets, etc.) do seem to stay in place. Sometimes there's a partial carryover, requiring some manual tweaking. Other times I have rebuild my setup from scratch.

It would be great if I could save/load these builds.

I would be more likely to change ships. (Meaning I'd be more likely to buy more ships!)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 12
01-05-2013, 02:09 AM
This is why I will never do a shuttle event.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Lieutenant
# 13
01-08-2013, 04:35 AM
All that needs to be done is add some saved data to each ship object, and they have stored data because they record customisation options for them currently. You just then add a reference to which boff was in which slot and also save which abilities/items you had in each ability bar. This sounds like a lot of addition data but it is just database references.

All they would need is a small routine added to the end of the ship changing code at the end to take that data at the end of the ship object and re-sort the boff and abilities with the saved data.

If the boff and ability is no longer there then leave the boff slot and ability slots that referred to them blank.

It really can't be that much extra work to fix it.

Last edited by vimzul; 01-08-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
01-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Ship BOff configurations - mine at least - were being saved, and switching ships caused no problems. It seems that with the introduction of the Winter Wonderland that several bugs were introduced into the tray system, including missing BOffs on switching ships.

I haven't filed any bug reports, since I am hoping the bugs introduced with the Winter Wonderland will disappear when it goes away. Of course, I'm a hopeless optimist.
Career Officer
# 15
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Submitted this post as ticket 130108-000207

In addition to responding to OP and contributing to this thread, I also reported my issues in the GamePlay bugs forum with the ticket number: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post7398181

I am also tired of the following (in addition to the OP's and other members' posts):

1) When I switch out my boffs, it doesn't remember the last locations in the tray that a power was assigned. This DOES work or at least used to up until around S7! I keep my powers in exactly the same locations correspondent to other boff powers.

For example... I have 2 tactical boffs. One has APO3 and the other has APB3 (ignoring their own powers for the purpose of this example). I assign the same tray location (0,2) to the APO3 power as I do to the APB3 power. When I switch between boffs, it should remember the last location that the power was assigned to. This may not work for disorganized players, but I keep my power tray organized. It is the only way I can know in a moment's notice where a power is ALWAYS located.

2) When I run out of batteries, the power tray no longer remembers the last location I had batteries assigned when I equip a fresh supply. I always put the aux battery on location (2,8) of the power tray. If I am running low and I refresh the supply, I'll see the number of available batteries increase on the icon in location (2, 8). If I do not refresh the supply of batteries prior to running out, when I do refresh the supply of batteries by dragging the aux battery supply to my device slot, it will not remember that the device slot in question was last assigned to tray location (2, 8). I then have to open up my available powers tray and drag and drop the aux batteries back on location (2, 8).

3) It would BE NICE, if in the "available skills - drag to tray" window, the boff officer that has a certain skill were listed in the description of the skill. This would help to facilitate items 1 and 2. If I have two tactical team 1 skills, I is not able to distinguish which skill belongs to which boff in the window, nor am I able to distinguish the order in which the skills are listed if I switch out my BOFFs. If one of my tactical BOFFs assignment/station remains consistent and I switch out the other tactical boff, I should not have to guess which skill I need to drag/drop to my power tray. This has never been in game, but would VERY NICE to have.

4) When in section space and I press the "u" key to open up the status window, why does it open to my character status window instead of my ship status window? Alternatively, if I am in my shuttle and I press the u key in sector space, why does it not open up my shuttle status window?

I think the addition of shuttles to the ship status window (key: u) has made 1, 2, and 4 start malfunctioning. This only happened when I equipped a shuttle for the first time and the extra BOFF commander bug, etc... This is the last time this window was specifically edited that I can recall.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 01-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Rihannsu
# 16
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Saving boff slots and power tray is my #1 want for S8.
---
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
i have always wished i could save boff/weapon loadouts.
wouldnt it be great to change from a torp build to a beam build to a cannon build by simply clicking some button? having all the boffs, doffs, consoles, weapons, etc able to be saved and recalled in such a convenient manner?
Career Officer
# 18
01-10-2013, 09:24 AM
you asking for boff profiles.. which isn't a bad idea either, but an easier approach is if the game simply remembered the last power tray location that a boff power was assigned to, no matter if we retrained a boff with new powers or not.

What you stated is that with a flick of a button or drop down, I can have different combinations of boffs for different styles of play.

For example.. supposed my eng and sci boffs basically stay the same, but I often switch out my tactical boffs depending on the tactical style I need.

One of my commander tactical boffs is loaded up on APO3/APO1. Perhaps I would name this boff profile as "Tactical Attack Defense"

Another of my commander tactical boffs is loaded up on APB3/APB1. Perhaps I would name this boff profile as "Tactical Attack Offense"

This, of course, would only be able to be changed outside of red alert, like current game standards dictate.

But in lieu of that elaborate new feature that you suggested, which is a good one... how about we just ask for the boff power assignments on the power tray to be fixed so that a specific boff lieutenant power is always assigned to power tray (x, y) regardless and because it was assigned there the last time the boff was used.

That would meet 85% of your total needs in lieu of the boff profiles idea that you suggested
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
+1 couldn't agree more!

This should be one of their top priority fixes. It's been an issue for me since launch.

I switch 3 different boffs when playing PvP from PvE. For the most part (but not all!) the skills of the untouched boffs remain in their original position. I always have to hunt and seek out the new skills. Not only that, but in order to ensure i have all the skills (from unmoved and new boffs) I have to open the master skills list (or whatever that is called) and go through each skill one by one. Then I have to make sure my #7 tray has the right skills for my key bindings.

Same when I switch back to PvE mode. A save-boff-skill-profile would be a very nice thing to have. Yes Mr. D. Stahl mentioned something about this (vaguely) in one of his interviews but really now, this has been, in one form or another, a bug since the beginning of this game. Why is this taking so long?
Captain
# 20
01-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I have to agree that it is getting tiresome whenever I change ships or re-assign Boffs my action bars get completely scrambled. It will remember locations for Boff and captain skills from ship to ship if you don't change anything, but change one Boff and the whole action bar gets scrambled not just that one Boffs skills, it would be better if there was no automatic linking and sorting happening in the trays, and new skill placement gets prioritized to visible trays.
I never use the mode 4 action bar because it doesn't create another bar, but just turns off weapons and boff windows and I dislike not being able to change the layout and orientation of the bars. Devices should have their own mini bar rather than taking up already limited action bar space.

Hopefully when they give us this new ui being mentioned in various dev blogs these problems will be resolved, but I'm not holding my breath.