# 51
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Always nice to read about the game. Thanks for the link
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorgse View Post
I really hope it's not heavily PvE like the writer leads you to believe. IMO PvP seems to make or break the popularity of the game. I hope the just make different "worlds"(maybe universes is a more appropriate term) So that PvE players can play their RPG and RP and PvPers can play their MMO.
What about those of us that do an equal share of both(like me)?

I would argue with your definition of MMO, but i dont think its necessary to my point
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
What about those of us that do an equal share of both(like me)?

I would argue with your definition of MMO, but i dont think its necessary to my point
Oh trust me, I'm in your boat too. But if Star Trek ever taught me anything it's STEER CLEAR OF THE BETA QUADRANT. Nothing peaceful ever happens there. So I do want a balanced PvP/PvE game but I assume for the most part if you stay away from Klingon space in a PvP world you probably won't see many Klingons.

It's like WoW, how many alliance attack cities deep in horde territory?
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorgse View Post
Oh trust me, I'm in your boat too. But if Star Trek ever taught me anything it's STEER CLEAR OF THE BETA QUADRANT. Nothing peaceful ever happens there. So I do want a balanced PvP/PvE game but I assume for the most part if you stay away from Klingon space in a PvP world you probably won't see many Klingons.
You have a point, even with STO's single server system; If you rush into Enemy faction space with a target painted on your hull, you should get killed. but if you are in unnexplored space, it should be consensual. at least in my opinion

By the Way, I see you are a fellow 1984 fan! Newspeak for the win!
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
You have a point, even with STO's single server system; If you rush into Enemy faction space with a target painted on your hull, you should get killed. but if you are in unnexplored space, it should be consensual. at least in my opinion

By the Way, I see you are a fellow 1984 fan! Newspeak for the win!
I find 1984 superplusgood.

As far as consensual PvP in deep space, I could live with it, but for me it depends on how big SPACE actually is, how often do you run into other ships in deep space? Also Zinc has made like running will be an effective way to escape battles in STO. Which if you think about it is very trekkie, if you can get to warp 9.9 before the other guy he'll never catch up, thus making a pursuit a big time waster IMO.