Starfleet Veteran
I remember reading a while ago that the proc for Polarized Tetryon wasn't functioning properly, that it had the default 2.5% chance to activate instead of the correct 10% chance.

Does anybody know if this has been fixed yet?

Thank you!!
Captain
# 2
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I am not sure, but I do know that when I run it in ESTFs targets shields do tend to drop a little faster than normal.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I remember reading a while ago that the proc for Polarized Tetryon wasn't functioning properly, that it had the default 2.5% chance to activate instead of the correct 10% chance.

Does anybody know if this has been fixed yet?

Thank you!!
Not sure how to verify this other than test-firing on a willing target 9.99km away using 25-weapon power and seeing how often the tetryon proc triggers (use the target ships rear shield level as the proc indicator since it can only be drained by the tetryon beam proc). Repeat this test 50 times (since each beam pulses twice, you should see 100 proc rolls). Once done, tally the number of successful procs. This will help you determine if it's working near 10% or closer to 2.5%.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Not sure how to verify this other than test-firing on a willing target 9.99km away using 25-weapon power and seeing how often the tetryon proc triggers (use the target ships rear shield level as the proc indicator since it can only be drained by the tetryon beam proc). Repeat this test 50 times (since each beam pulses twice, you should see 100 proc rolls). Once done, tally the number of successful procs. This will help you determine if it's working near 10% or closer to 2.5%.
Each beam pulses twice? I thought each beam fired four times per firing? Does that only count as two pulses?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
OK, using my second account and a laptop next to desktop I was able to do some testing. As per shar487a's suggestion I sat my ship 9.98 km away with weapon power set to 25.

I activated a polaron weapon 100 times, resulting in 100 x 4 beams being fired at the target. The target's power dropped 3 times.

I activate a Polarized Tetryon beam 100 times, resulting in 100 x 4 beams being fired at the target and the target's rear shield dropped 10 times.

This tells me two things.

1) The Polarized Tetryon proc is set to 10% as it should be.
2) Beam proc chances are calculated every time the weapon is activated, not when each beam is fired from the ship.

If premise 2 is correct, this would logically imply that Fire at Will doesn't increase the chance of procs occurring as the proc is calculated only when the weapon is activated. Could this also apply to cannons? If so then a dual cannon has exactly the same chance as proccing as a dual heavy cannon, meaning dual heavies would be clearly superior weapons.

Devs, are you able to confirm this?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Sorry, I haven't done any beam testing in ages. Whatever the number of damage entries appears in the combat logs on a single beam firing cycle is the number of damage pulses a beam outputs. So if you observed 4 damage entries on 1 beam shot, then that's the number you should be working with.

EDIT: I forgot to mention -- it is possible that the polarized tetryon beam array is still bugged. Reason: Using http://www.stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx, I found that the polarized tetryon beam array's 2.5% proc rate per damage pulse results in 9.63% net activation chance per firing cycle. The other possibility is that beams are only checked for procs once per firing cycle. Are you able to run the same test using a tetryon cannon or turret?

Last edited by shar487a; 01-09-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I tested beams again and I'm seriously thinking that procs (at least for beams) are tested only once per volley.

I haven't tested cannons.